SportsWrath

Legarrette Blount and the Giants

Lughead

I'm down with it. Blount had 18 TDs last year running the football, and over 1100 yards. While the near-career low 3.9 ypc is a bit concerning, he carried the ball 299 times last year. I watched him destroy teams' will last year. He is the physical presence the Giants need and a natural fit for this team. I think they can bring him in and still add a RB in the draft, too. You get Perkins, Vereen, Blount, and then add a guy like Hill from Wyoming, Kareem Hunt from Toledo, Gallman of Clemson, or McNichols of Boise State, and you have a very good backfield with a mix of youth and veterans and a diverse skillset. I actually have been wanting Blount to NYG for awhile now. I think he's a perfect fit for what the Giants need.

I'm down with it. Blount had 18 TDs last year running the football, and over 1100 yards. While the near-career low 3.9 ypc is a bit concerning, he carried the ball 299 times last year. I watched him destroy teams' will last year. He is the physical presence the Giants need and a natural fit for this team. I think they can bring him in and still add a RB in the draft, too. You get Perkins, Vereen, Blount, and then add a guy like Hill from Wyoming, Kareem Hunt from Toledo, Gallman of Clemson, or McNichols of Boise State, and you have a very good backfield with a mix of youth and veterans and a diverse skillset. I actually have been wanting Blount to NYG for awhile now. I think he's a perfect fit for what the Giants need.

He'd be much less effective with us than running behind the Pats OL, against defenses more worried about Brady throwing the ball. I'm down with a physical back to share the carries with Perkins but I'd rather get younger. I honestly don't think there's much diff between Blount and Jennings.

It really is the perfect signing if he can even manage half that production. Don't forget they have Shaun Draughn, too...though I would guess he'd be training camp cut if we pick up Blount.

It really is the perfect signing if he can even manage half that production. Don't forget they have Shaun Draughn, too...though I would guess he'd be training camp cut if we pick up Blount.

I think Darkwa is the odd man out.

Draughns(sp?) has value in special teams and the run game, plus I read he was one of the better blocking backs.

Honestly though the only guy I trust on this roster to play the RB spot is Vereen, we need a vet who has atleast carried the ball for a full season.

Dammit Jim... I need you on the Dalvin Cook Bandwagon!!! Lol.

Dammit Jim... I need you on the Dalvin Cook Bandwagon!!! Lol.

I like Dalvin... as you know, I like you, am a big FSU fan. But I've been pretty consistent that the Giants should wait until later in the draft for a RB. The talent pool is much more shallow for other positions, although I will not be upset if he's the pick. I just hope he can stay out of trouble in NY.

I like Dalvin... as you know, I like you, am a big FSU fan. But I've been pretty consistent that the Giants should wait until later in the draft for a RB. The talent pool is much more shallow for other positions, although I will not be upset if he's the pick. I just hope he can stay out of trouble in NY.

Lol I know where you stand. Tbh I don't have a preference in this draft which is making it so intriguing to me. I just don't want Cook to wind up in the NFC East and not be wearing a Giants Uniform.