SportsWrath

Awnser me this........

*SDMF*

Now I have a short memory so tell me, before when plax wasnt a Giant, did Shockey always throw his hands up in the air like a bitch when the QB didnt find him? I cant really recall him acting like a little fuckin bitch like he was all year. And the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. Because he's pickin upsome very bad habbits. But if I'm recalling like I think I am, he never did. I know Shockey is Shockey, but maybe Plax is rubbing off a little bit too much on him. Maybe Shockey should come here for pre-camp and Plax should stay in Miami. Discuss..............................

I don't think so, but that's probably because Shockey was actually thrown to in the first half, unlike these past two years. That's not to say that Plax isn't rubbing off on him, but Shock is a playmaker and he wants the ball ALL the time. It's hard to go half a game without being involved at all and not get frustrated.

I don't think so, but that's probably because Shockey was actually thrown to in the first half, unlike these past two years. That's not to say that Plax isn't rubbing off on him, but Shock is a playmaker and he wants the ball ALL the time. It's hard to go half a game without being involved at all and not get frustrated.

Yup that about sums it up.

If you ever played any sport and found yourself not being used when you know you can make an impact, take that frustration you felt and magnify it to a couple levels above whatever level you were at. Knowing you are the kind of guy who will put his head down even after you lose your helmet to fight for extra yards, then seeing your determination and skill be wasted away...yeah that will get to anyone especially someone with as short a fuse as Shockey has.

frustrtion is an excusse to be a bitch? Fuck that. put your fuckin arms down and STFU. you get paid more money in a year than most people in the world will see in 5, and your gonna cry like a bitch. be a fuckin man, get back tothe sideline and fix the problem. Both of them. If i was any member of that offensive staff there would be a meeting about that shit and it would stop. Im sorry butI cant stand that shit. :furious:

frustrtion is an excusse to be a bitch? Fuck that. put your fuckin arms down and STFU. you get paid more money in a year than most people in the world will see in 5, and your gonna cry like a bitch. be a fuckin man, get back tothe sideline and fix the problem. Both of them. If i was any member of that offensive staff there would be a meeting about that shit and it would stop. Im sorry butI cant stand that shit. :furious:

Careful...careful...u gotta lot of Shockey supporters in here. When his helmet popeed off in the playoffs and Shock kept lunging for extra yards, that right there wiped away the 4 other bitching moments.

I think the problem is that most Giants fans(accually, all of the Giants fans)have never expirienced having a Pro Bowl calibur recievers on our team before. And that what Pro bowl players do. They DEMAND to get that ball...But that't the problem. All the Giants been tricked by the fabric created by the media that both Shockey and Plaxico are bad "teammates". They want you to believe that because it sells newspapers. They make it seem like Shockey and Plaxico are the only two to ever do that to their QB. I guess Jerry Rice never did that. (Oh, BTW, just incase you guys didn't know. Jerry Rice did it ALL THE TIME! Ask Joe Montana and Steve Young. ) i know, I know, Steve Largent never did it. Michael Irvin never did it. Sterling Sharpe, Randy Moss, Tim Brown, Terry Holt, and Especially Chris Carter never threw their hand up in the air in the middle of a game because they didn't get the ball.

I think the problem is that most Giants fans(accually, all of the Giants fans)have never expirienced having a Pro Bowl calibur recievers on our team before. And that what Pro bowl players do. They DEMAND to get that ball...But that't the problem. All the Giants been tricked by the fabric created by the media that both Shockey and Plaxico are bad "teammates". They want you to believe that because it sells newspapers. They make it seem like Shockey and Plaxico are the only two to ever do that to their QB. I guess Jerry Rice never did that. (Oh, BTW, just incase you guys didn't know. Jerry Rice did it ALL THE TIME! Ask Joe Montana and Steve Young. ) i know, I know, Steve Largent never did it. Michael Irvin never did it. Sterling Sharpe, Randy Moss, Tim Brown, Terry Holt, and Especially Chris Carter never threw their hand up in the air in the middle of a game because they didn't get the ball.

Comparing Jerry Rice and Brent Jones to Plaxico/Jeremy...is like Apples and Oranges. Jerry Rice CAUGHT the ball and won Superbowls! Until Shockey, Plaxico, Terrell Owens etc win a few Superbowls (or are a IMPORTANT peg in winning the big one), they will always be criticized.

Careful...careful...u gotta lot of Shockey supporters in here. When his helmet popeed off in the playoffs and Shock kept lunging for extra yards, that right there wiped away the 4 other bitching moments.

I like having a guy like Shockey, and have always loved his play. But the whole shit with te throwingthe hands up in the air hass gotta stop. plax has gotta go. Maybe it will force Eli to have to work on acuracy.

Now I have a short memory so tell me, before when plax wasnt a Giant, did Shockey always throw his hands up in the air like a bitch when the QB didnt find him? I cant really recall him acting like a little fuckin bitch like he was all year. And the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. Because he's pickin upsome very bad habbits. But if I'm recalling like I think I am, he never did. I know Shockey is Shockey, but maybe Plax is rubbing off a little bit too much on him. Maybe Shockey should come here for pre-camp and Plax should stay in Miami. Discuss..............................

Great observation SDMF. :worshippy:

You (Meaning all Giants fans, not just you) love it when Shockey goes over the middle, catches a pass, gets plastered and then gets up and throws his arms up in celebration. Great, he's showing emotion, fire and a desire to win. Then Shockey gets pissed that he's not involved in the offense when his QB is obviously struggling and he knows that he can help him and throws his arms up in the air out of frustation. Now all of the sudden, Shockey's emotion, fire and desire to win become an attitude that's detrimental to the team. You (once again Giants fans and now including the Sports media) pull the same shit with Eli Manning. When Eli is winning, the non-emotion is a sign of confidence. When Eli is losing, the non-emotion is a lost... "Deer in the headlights" look and he needs to show some fire.

Now on to the money comment.

Athletes are not machines. They get happy. They get frustrated. They are human. Regardless of how much money they make, they are still human, and Shockey, as you know, wears his emotions on his sleeve. I haven't heard Shockey, or Burress for that matter, come out and say, "Eli needs to get me the ball, or else we won't win." You're right, they should go to the sideline and fix the problem, but if they throw they're arms up in frustration, it's not the end of the world. And if you watched Shockey during the playoff game, he was on the sidelines talking to Eli just about every time they came off of the field.

Nemesis eluded to the fact that some of the best receivers in history pulled the same shit, but it's not just them. There are very few class acts that play receiver. Randoff replied by basically saying that no one has a right to bitch and moan until they have a Super Bowl ring. I know that this is another topic but I am truly sick of people using rings in player to player comparisons. Tell me is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino? Better yet, is Ben Roethlisberger better than Peyton Manning? Teams win rings, not players.

That's the end of my rant. :brooding:

You (Meaning all Giants fans, not just you) love it when Shockey goes over the middle, catches a pass, gets plastered and then gets up and throws his arms up in celebration. Great, he's showing emotion, fire and a desire to win. Then Shockey gets pissed that he's not involved in the offense when his QB is obviously struggling and he knows that he can help him and throws his arms up in the air out of frustration. Now all of the sudden, Shockey's emotion, fire and desire to win become an attitude that's detrimental to the team. You (once again Giants fans and now including the Sports media) pull the same shit with Eli Manning. When Eli is winning, the non-emotion is a sign of confidence. When Eli is losing, the non-emotion is a lost... "Deer in the headlights" look and he needs to show some fire.

Now on to the money comment.

Athletes are not machines. They get happy. They get frustrated. They are human. Regardless of how much money they make, they are still human, and Shockey, as you know, wears his emotions on his sleeve. I haven't heard Shockey, or Burress for that matter, come out and say, "Eli needs to get me the ball, or else we won't win." You're right, they should go to the sideline and fix the problem, but if they throw they're arms up in frustration, it's not the end of the world. And if you watched Shockey during the playoff game, he was on the sidelines talking to Eli just about every time they came off of the field.

Nemesis eluded to the fact that some of the best receivers in history pulled the same shit, but it's not just them. There are very few class acts that play receiver. Randoff replied by basically saying that no one has a right to bitch and moan until they have a Super Bowl ring. I know that this is another topic but I am truly sick of people using rings in player to player comparisons. Tell me is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Dan Marino? Better yet, is Ben Roethlisberger better than Peyton Manning? Teams win rings, not players.

That's the end of my rant. :brooding:

Thank you, well said :clap:

If you guys go and READ patchyfoggs post about a talk he had with Ralph Vacchiano, from the Daily News and what went on behind the scene (well on the sidelines with HUff and his game plan ) then you can see what Shockey and Plax AND TIKI had to deal with.

Comparing Jerry Rice and Brent Jones to Plaxico/Jeremy...is like Apples and Oranges. Jerry Rice CAUGHT the ball and won Superbowls! Until Shockey, Plaxico, Terrell Owens etc win a few Superbowls (or are a IMPORTANT peg in winning the big one), they will always be criticized.

I see...Sterling Sharpe, Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Steve Largent were never criticized. Hmm, Interesting. help me out on this one. Has L. Coles ever won a super bowl? Have the Giants won a Super Bowl the last 11 years or something? Because last year, when Toomer rised his hand in discuss in the Cowboys game and complained he wasn't getting the ball. No one made a big deal out of it. I guess Coles and Toomer won a SB that I'm not aware off.

The biggest problem I have with it is Manning. We have a qb with wavering confidence. How much it hurt Montana/Young's confidence by Jerry Rice doing it or Aikman's confidence by Irvin doing it, is probably very little.

But guys like Manning, Walter, they're young guys with limited experience and it can crush their confidence at time when they're already low with it.

Good Grief, how the fuck are Shockey and Plaxico showing up a QB who clearly has accuracy issues and zones in on one wide receiver and doesn't go through his progressions, he's doing it to himself!. For fuck sake, how many replays do you have to watch to see these guys open and not have the ball thrown to them. It's hard to get open in the NFL, and when you are your QB needs to make a better effort to find you. These guys are frustrated out there, it's hard to blame them sometimes. How many times have you seen Plax reach up and pull a ball out of the air that was overthrown, or have passes thrown at Shockey where as soon as he catches it, he's going to get walloped. And all they are doing is throwing their hands up, (by the way, classy Amani does it too). Big fucking deal. By the way randoff, Jerry Rice didn't just flail his arms, he cursed guys out of it on the sidelines (check out his attitude during the raiders - bucs superbowl).

None of you guys point out that Shockey points at himself when he fucks up and talks to Eli on the sideline and encourages him, and for all Plaxico's nonsense, who's that on the field before games practicing routes with Eli on their own?

I see...Sterling Sharpe, Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Steve Largent were never criticized. Hmm, Interesting. help me out on this one. Has L. Coles ever won a super bowl? Have the Giants won a Super Bowl the last 11 years or something? Because last year, when Toomer rised his hand in discuss in the Cowboys game and complained he wasn't getting the ball. No one made a big deal out of it. I guess Coles and Toomer won a SB that I'm not aware off.

I bet if Amani spent his offseason in Miami, it would be a problem.

None of you guys point out that Shockey points at himself when he fucks up and talks to Eli on the sideline and encourages him, and for all Plaxico's nonsense, who's that on the field before games practicing routes with Eli on their own?

Careful...careful...Jerry Rice won a SB, so its OK.

Good Grief, how the fuck are Shockey and Plaxico showing up a QB who clearly has accuracy issues and zones in on one wide receiver and doesn't go through his progressions, he's doing it to himself!. For fuck sake, how many replays do you have to watch to see these guys open and not have the ball thrown to them. It's hard to get open in the NFL, and when you are your QB needs to make a better effort to find you. These guys are frustrated out there, it's hard to blame them sometimes. How many times have you seen Plax reach up and pull a ball out of the air that was overthrown, or have passes thrown at Shockey where as soon as he catches it, he's going to get walloped. And all they are doing is throwing their hands up, (by the way, classy Amani does it too). Big fucking deal. By the way randoff, Jerry Rice didn't just flail his arms, he cursed guys out of it on the sidelines (check out his attitude during the raiders - bucs superbowl).

True, but god forbid they be supportive of a teammate. Especially when everyone in the offense is frustrated with the playcalling. Huff set Eli up to fail. That's evident at this point.

All I'm saying is, throwing a tantrum doesn't help the situation. Walking up to Eli and saying 'get your head up, we'll get 'em next time', well that just might help.

The kid obviously is not a leader, and I doubt he'll ever be one. His confidence is fragile as glass.

Careful...careful...Jerry Rice won a SB, so its OK.

3 to be exact and almost a dance contest trophy.

if the giants call good plays, they have the offensive talent to get things done. you won't see many arms waving if we win.

winning is a good deodorant

He is our leading receiver...how many more time do you want them to throw to him? If he threw to him all the time you would be saying the same thing about Plax......

True, but god forbid they be supportive of a teammate. Especially when everyone in the offense is frustrated with the playcalling. Huff set Eli up to fail. That's evident at this point.

All I'm saying is, throwing a tantrum doesn't help the situation. Walking up to Eli and saying 'get your head up, we'll get 'em next time', well that just might help.

The kid obviously is not a leader, and I doubt he'll ever be one. His confidence is fragile as glass.

Budrock, they've done that. Shockey is over talking to Eli everytime the offense leaves the field. And you can't blame Hufnagel was inaccurate throws, of which at least 50% of Eli's throws are. He's often throwing behind his receivers, and his screen and out passes are awful, guys have to pick them off the ground before they can run.

Throwing tantrums does not help the situation, you're correct. However it emotional, and I find it funny how last year we had this same topic and I brought up the fact that in one game Eli showed up Bob Whitfield on a false start after Whitfield had just taken the field. And you know what the response was "Ah Whitfield is an idiot, he deserved it". Not the point of course.