SportsWrath

Jones or Darnold?

Sephiroth

It is a pretty good article. But I think it skips that Joness floor is 3 fumbles a game and an int. Thats a pretty low floor.

Id still chose him over Darnold if for nothing else the attitude, Darnold seems like a loud mouth douche while Jones is more humble but still confident

Very hard to tell at this point.

I think Darnold can be a great QB but he's on the Jets and they simply aren't a stable organization. Jones needs to stop fumbling period. Eli Manning got a lot of shit for interceptions and Jones throws those on top of fumbling. Daniel Jones is a turnover machine unlike any other in a generation of Giants football. It is not a question of if but when for Daniel Jones gets control of the ball and stops fumbling because that is an easily correctable problem.

Jones has shown a lot of talent. But if he doesn't clean up his timing in the pocket and learn to step up, he won't survive to reach his potential.

Darnold too... but, nowhere near as much as Jones. Special arm though, in his ability to make strong off platform throws. Not sure yet he has enough else going for him to build on that one rare talent.

Anyone else notice that theres like 50 good quarterbacks in thr nfl right now?

Its just the teams with shitty coaching and shitty personal that dont have good quarterbacks...or so it seems....giants...dolphins...jets....bengals.

If anyone of those teams had adequate coaching staffs their quarterbacks would be much better.

I'm mean... His numbers don;t look that bad. 1950 Yards, 15 TD, 8 int 65 completion percentage. ... 200 rushing yards, 2 R TD. and of course 9 fumbles lost in 8 games.

I mean... he's playing with one of the worse OL.

problem isn't the offensive line

I think we've seen enough from Jones to say the pick was warranted.

It's just going to be four years from now if it still is.

I mean the kids accuracy and ball placement is something we have never seen from Eli on a consistent basis. Eli was good for maybe handful of the throws in a whole year that Danny makes on a weekly basis.

The problem with Jones (and most all rookie QBs) is his lack of pocket awareness and ball security issues. Luckily with a better Oline and more experience Jones will find a better feel for the pocket, and the fumbling thing is fixable.

QBs fumble when they get sacked. Its a fact of life. I see jokers like a Bomani Jones and Stephen A Smith hate on Danny Jones all day but are all over Jimmy Gs dick even when he fumbles and throws interceptions and the 9ers win in spite of him.

The fact of the matter is if the Giants defense was good enough to keep them in games or come up big when needed, no one would say shit about Jones turnovers because the team would be winning. Garappalo and Jones have a similar stat line and Jones has played two less games.

QBs fumble when they get sacked. Its a fact of life. I see jokers like a Bomani Jones and Stephen A Smith hate on Danny Jones all day but are all over Jimmy Gs dick even when he fumbles and throws interceptions and the 9ers win in spite of him.

The fact of the matter is if the Giants defense was good enough to keep them in games or come up big when needed, no one would say shit about Jones turnovers because the team would be winning. Garappalo and Jones have a similar stat line and Jones has played two less games.

I'll try to find the stat but I think Lamar Jackson has just as many turnovers as Jones this point in their rookie career.