SportsWrath

Eli apple

Lughead

There's nothing to turn around...literally nothing

The attitude... Look I wasn't too crazy about picking him in the 1st round... but if this kid has talent, we can't afford trading or cutting anyone at CB... Personally I think Jenkins and DRC are superb... but this kid has the potential to be a star... I think.

The attitude... Look I wasn't too crazy about picking him in the 1st round... but if this kid has talent, we can't afford trading or cutting anyone at CB... Personally I think Jenkins and DRC are superb... but this kid has the potential to be a star... I think.

Thing is he doesn't have the talent either

Apple? If we're just talking physical talent.... he has that. All the physical talent anybody could want.

From the neck up though?.... doubtful....

Meh. He's tall and can press, also he has terrible ball skills, can't track the ball and is awful in trail technique

Meh. He's tall and can press, also he has terrible ball skills, can't track the ball and is awful in trail technique

hahahaha...trail technique...like that's a thing. That's a fancy term for getting beat. Same way the airlines talk about water landings as if that's different than crashing into the fucking ocean.

Agreed, in principal though, Apple isn't the greatest, but he's young and he's not the worst. Just think that the new coaches at least have something to work with there as opposed to starting anew.

I think it is ridiculous. This is something I've been reading a lot about the last few weeks and people are not just talking about trading Apple, they talk about Jenkins as well. New GM, coach and staff; Every player is starting with a clean slate so the suspensions from last season are not issues for the upcoming season.

I think it is ridiculous. This is something I've been reading a lot about the last few weeks and people are not just talking about trading Apple, they talk about Jenkins as well. New GM, coach and staff; Every player is starting with a clean slate so the suspensions from last season are not issues for the upcoming season.

Exactly... there were a lot disgruntled players because the HC was a moron...

Players playing badly because the coach is not an excuse. Fact is those guys are the ones who need to be an example of. Apple regressed last year with a shitty attitude and highlighted the warnings about him pre draft. He costs fuck all so keep him another year but keep the lease short. Frankly there were practice squad players and cut players who played far better than he did last year and talked less. The best i am hoping here is that it is another corey webster late bloomer

Players playing badly because the coach is not an excuse. Fact is those guys are the ones who need to be an example of. Apple regressed last year with a shitty attitude and highlighted the warnings about him pre draft. He costs fuck all so keep him another year but keep the lease short. Frankly there were practice squad players and cut players who played far better than he did last year and talked less. The best i am hoping here is that it is another corey webster late bloomer

I disagree... morale is a very important factor for any team... it's no different than the military... having a locker room full of drama affects performance.

They cut Bobby Hart, the message has been sent. Wanting to get rid of Eli Apple because of his poor second season and immaturity is at best a knee jerk reaction and at worst; foolishness.

They cut Bobby Hart, the message has been sent. Wanting to get rid of Eli Apple because of his poor second season and immaturity is at best a knee jerk reaction and at worst; foolishness.

Cutting a guy who literally took himself out of a game isn't a message. He's a backup at best. He won't be missed.

I just said hold onto Apple if they want, but if they cut him then fine. You should be better in your second year but he didn't cover worth a shit, didn't tackle worth a shit and spent whatever time he was on the field waving his finger at receivers when they either missed a catch or was overthrown.

I disagree... morale is a very important factor for any team... it's no different than the military... having a locker room full of drama affects performance.

Let's not compare it to the military Nas, different worlds. If you worry about the morale, just go back to the video of Eli being interviewed after being benched, while the guy is holding back tears, in the background you can hear guys laughing and playing music. Morale works both ways.