SportsWrath

WR Roger Lewis jr........DUI

Lughead

.2g of weed??? That is what I got arrested for when I was 21 and got pulled over with a little bit of leftover in a dime bag.... It was fucking stupid for me to have saved that and I was a broke college kid. This guys got actual $

Pot has gotten to the point where one offense doesn't mean a whole lot...very much like a drunk driving charge. Repeated offenses is where you can really determine a player's priorities. It's like...'you screwed up, fine. Learn from it, and move on. Or don't learn from it, and we'll move on.'

Pot has gotten to the point where one offense doesn't mean a whole lot...very much like a drunk driving charge. Repeated offenses is where you can really determine a player's priorities. It's like...'you screwed up, fine. Learn from it, and move on. Or don't learn from it, and we'll move on.'

Except in professional sports where that kinda thing gets you a suspension.

Except in professional sports where that kinda thing gets you a suspension.

I was thinking about it from the Giants' perspective. Don't even punish the guy after one mistake. After a 2nd, sit him and fine him. After a 3rd, feel free to release him outright.

From the league's perspective, I think they have rules in place for a reason that were consulted and created by people far smarter than me. So from their perspective, I tend to back them when they enforce their own rules. But that said, given many states have legalized pot medically and a few recreationally, I don't know how the league can enforce it league-wide from a legal standpoint, UNLESS they're looking at leveling the playing field. For example, pot smoking player has an opportunity to play for Denver, living in Colorado where I believe recreational pot use is legal, or say Miami where, for argument's sake, say recreational pot is still illegal. Might that player give the edge to Denver because they like pot? So the league takes pot out of the equation by testing for it and restricting its use? It's a stretch, and I don't think that's what they're doing. Rather, I think the league is a bunch of conservative white guys who hate change...probably because the system in place has made them bazillionaires and they REALLY don't want to see that change.

I was thinking about it from the Giants' perspective. Don't even punish the guy after one mistake. After a 2nd, sit him and fine him. After a 3rd, feel free to release him outright.

From the league's perspective, I think they have rules in place for a reason that were consulted and created by people far smarter than me. So from their perspective, I tend to back them when they enforce their own rules. But that said, given many states have legalized pot medically and a few recreationally, I don't know how the league can enforce it league-wide from a legal standpoint, UNLESS they're looking at leveling the playing field. For example, pot smoking player has an opportunity to play for Denver, living in Colorado where I believe recreational pot use is legal, or say Miami where, for argument's sake, say recreational pot is still illegal. Might that player give the edge to Denver because they like pot? So the league takes pot out of the equation by testing for it and restricting its use? It's a stretch, and I don't think that's what they're doing. Rather, I think the league is a bunch of conservative white guys who hate change...probably because the system in place has made them bazillionaires and they REALLY don't want to see that change.

NFL follows Federal Law.

I don't understand this from 2 perspectives.

1st: Your position on this team is in no way secure. Our WR Corps are incredibly deep and you have an opportunity to be a part of something special. Keep your nose clean.

2nd: Why the hell is this still illegal? Aside from the obvious reasons of being able to control the production as it's so easy to grow.

I don't understand this from 2 perspectives.

1st: Your position on this team is in no way secure. Our WR Corps are incredibly deep and you have an opportunity to be a part of something special. Keep your nose clean.

2nd: Why the hell is this still illegal? Aside from the obvious reasons of being able to control the production as it's so easy to grow.

There is a level of immaturity that has to be taken into account and the growing public acceptance of weed. If we cannot manage legal drugs properly, why add another drug to that list?

There is a level of immaturity that has to be taken into account and the growing public acceptance of weed. If we cannot manage legal drugs properly, why add another drug to that list?

Understandable, but I'm really questioning it in this sense. What exactly are the health risks associated to weed? And when comparing them to legitimate cancer-causing legal products like cigarettes why does there seem to be such a serious contradiction in legal vs illegal?

Understandable, but I'm really questioning it in this sense. What exactly are the health risks associated to weed? And when comparing them to legitimate cancer-causing legal products like cigarettes why does there seem to be such a serious contradiction in legal vs illegal?

OIC

I really don't know how much scientific information is out there on long term marijuana use compared with other legal drugs in the US. I think there is a good dose of hypocrisy about involved. Here is something I found in a minute and skimmed in the same amount of time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2014/10/07/what-20-years-of-research-has-taught-us-about-the-chronic-effects-of-marijuana/#71f0ff3717be

OIC

I really don't know how much scientific information is out there on long term marijuana use compared with other legal drugs in the US. I think there is a good dose of hypocrisy about involved. Here is something I found in a minute and skimmed in the same amount of time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2014/10/07/what-20-years-of-research-has-taught-us-about-the-chronic-effects-of-marijuana/#71f0ff3717be

well, compare that list to similar studies on chronic use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs.... these effects are so minor by comparison, it's really only making the case for legalization.

Basically, if you start smoking regularly as an adult (post age-25), it doesn't shit to you... Except a heightened risk of bronchitis and, this wasn't mentioned in the article, but there's a mild stomach ailment related to frequent marijuana use too. Basically just nausea, which is ironic given that for many people weed is a cure for nausea.

Not for children though. It fucks up developing brains pretty bad. But, again, not as bad as alcohol, tobacco, or most other drugs.

well, compare that list to similar studies on chronic use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs.... these effects are so minor by comparison, it's really only making the case for legalization.

Basically, if you start smoking regularly as an adult (post age-25), it doesn't shit to you... Except a heightened risk of bronchitis and, this wasn't mentioned in the article, but there's a mild stomach ailment related to frequent marijuana use too. Basically just nausea, which is ironic given that for many people weed is a cure for nausea.

Not for children though. It fucks up developing brains pretty bad. But, again, not as bad as alcohol, tobacco, or most other drugs.

I wouldn't make a comparison between studies because we simply have more information on Alcohol and Tobacco. The information on Marijuana is still limited. The dick cancer stood out in my one minute skim. I don't want dick cancer. Oh but it might just be your nuts which you don't need as much as the rest and yet will pass on that.

I wouldn't make a comparison between studies because we simply have more information on Alcohol and Tobacco. The information on Marijuana is still limited. The dick cancer stood out in my one minute skim. I don't want dick cancer. Oh but it might just be your nuts which you don't need as much as the rest and yet will pass on that.

but that's not really true about the amount of information. We here in the states don't have much data from studies conducted in the states because all academic study of marijuana was banned here for so long. But there has been research in other countries. A lot. Of course, still not as much as alcohol or tobacco, but how much more do we really need? There's been enough study done over enough time that I'm completely comfortable with legalization for recreational use.

but that's not really true about the amount of information. We here in the states don't have much data from studies conducted in the states because all academic study of marijuana was banned here for so long. But there has been research in other countries. A lot. Of course, still not as much as alcohol or tobacco, but how much more do we really need? There's been enough study done over enough time that I'm completely comfortable with legalization for recreational use.

I haven't seen the volumes of information regarding long term marijuana use. A couple hundred million voters need to be as easily convinced. IMO, we don't do a very good job with alcohol so why add marijuana to the list. Kinda odd for me because when it does become legal, will pass on using it.

Fair enough, Tempest.

One point to counter the cancer issue.... Cannabis use does indeed have a positive correlation with testicular cancer, but has a slightly negative correlation with all cancers in aggregate after correcting for overlap with tobacco usage. That result was survey based and had no possible way to tie out causation, but it is reason for optimism if you're in the legalization camp.

Colorado is a good testing ground for it, seems to be going well there so far.

I initially brought up the conversation just to point out the contradiction. I don't smoke anything but it's weird that the product with direct ties to a number of cancers, as well as heart disease, emphysema, COPD and God knows what else is the product that's actually legal. Hell... I used to sell life insurance. Smokers have their own rate scale.