SportsWrath

He might not make the team, but he sounds like a nice guy.

BlueInCanada

I'm rooting for ya kid.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/30/viral-college-star-whose-story-turned-tragic-signs-with-giants/

Every year, the NFL draft comes and goes, and there is a legion of players left overlooked or ignored, every one with a familiar dream. Some latch on with teams as undrafted free agents. One of them, signed by the Giants, has a story that took social media by storm and resonated with many for all the right reasons.

Travis Rudolph, a receiver from Florida State, garnered national attention with a simple act of kindness. Last August, Rudolph, along with several of his Seminoles teammates, visited a middle school in Tallahassee to mingle with students. Rudolph noticed a young boy sitting off to the side, eating lunch at a table by himself, walked over and sat down.

The boy, Bo Paske, is autistic, and Rudolph sat and befriended him, making sure Paske would not eat lunch alone. A parent took a picture and it went viral, as did the heartfelt Facebook post of appreciation by Paske’s mother, Leah, who called Rudolph a hero.

Rudolph caught 153 passes for 2,311 yards and 18 touchdowns at Florida State and will try to make an impression with the Giants. He approached the draft with a heavy heart after his father, Darryl Rudolph, tragically was killed in an accidental shooting last month.

Rudolph is one of 17 undrafted players signed by the Giants, based on social media reports from players and schools.

He's a good route runner with really good hands. He is slight of frame and not very fast, though. He's a nice back up slot receiver. I don't see him other than a slot guy. Will be a tough competition for him to make the team with the big 3 receivers plus King, Lewis, and Dwayne Harris.

Sounds like he'll have a solid career in the CFL.

Makes me wonder if Mark Herzlich would have been the Greatest of All Time had he gone to the CFL.

"Sure you had Lawrence Taylor NFL, but we had Mark Herzlich!"

CFL

This is an excellent spot for an undrafted WR to come into. The 4th and 5th WR's last year - Lewis and King - had 9 catches for 147 yards and 2 TD's between them. Those slots are wide open going into camp.

Makes me wonder if Mark Herzlich would have been the Greatest of All Time had he gone to the CFL.

"Sure you had Lawrence Taylor NFL, but we had Mark Herzlich!"

CFL

CFL LBs have to be able to cover.