SportsWrath

Davis Webb

Sephiroth

Doesn't Anticipate throws, Plays in the wide open offense.

Doesn't play under center. Yes he has a strong arm.

I don't like him the same reason I think Patrick Mahomes(sP) will be a bust. Graham Harrel and BJ Symons Jr.

Most college QBs these days play in non-pro style offenses, Tribusky, Watson, and Mahomes included. There are plenty of examples of those guys making it: Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Dak Prescott, Marcus Mariota,

Most college QBs these days play in non-pro style offenses, Tribusky, Watson, and Mahomes included. There are plenty of examples of those guys making it: Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Dak Prescott, Marcus Mariota

Sucess?

I'll give you Carr and Dalton.

We get goofy on arm strength when it's rather irrelevant.

I like the highlight films of QBs in the draft.

I mean if you look at Jamarcus Russell's highlight film he should of been the next Dan Marino.

and look at all that arm strength got him.

I just mean, look at any draft highlight, makes the players look like they are gonna be in the hall after 15 years.

the hole draft is B.S.

Half their strengths are also weakness.

"excellent in the pocket but gets jittery under pressure"

I like the highlight films of QBs in the draft.

I mean if you look at Jamarcus Russell's highlight film he should of been the next Dan Marino.

Russell's problem though was between the ears which is basically impossible to draft for. If he had applied himself he could very well have been the next Marino.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210130/article/jamarcus-russell-and-the-raiders-blank-dvd-caper

Here's some highlight film vs. Oregon (pretty good)

And more vs. Washington (not so good).

That kid has some more of Webb's stuff on his page if anyone wants to check it out.

From what I gather, he looks as advertised. Has most of the tools you'd want, makes questionable decisions under pressure (most QBs do) and isn't a scrambler, but also not a statue. He's a third-round project. Some balls seem to lack velocity and.or sail from time to time but honestly, he doesn't look terrible, and it's easy to see why the Giants think he can run a west coast style offense with all the short passes he ran in college.

He'll be better than Nassib, but for a "win now" team I still don't really understand the selection.

Everyone thinks they are going to find the Next Brady or Prescott but the Statics say other wise.

Correct... but Brady and Prescott are part of that statistic... and a 3rd round pick is a pretty good place for that. And it's not like the kid wasn't scouted... he has all the measurables.

Correct... but Brady and Prescott are part of that statistic... and a 3rd round pick is a pretty good place for that. And it's not like the kid wasn't scouted... he has all the measurables.

Your more Likely to find Channing Frye or Ryan Mallet.

Here's some highlight film vs. Oregon (pretty good)

And more vs. Washington (not so good).

That kid has some more of Webb's stuff on his page if anyone wants to check it out.

From what I gather, he looks as advertised. Has most of the tools you'd want, makes questionable decisions under pressure (most QBs do) and isn't a scrambler, but also not a statue. He's a third-round project. Some balls seem to lack velocity and.or sail from time to time but honestly, he doesn't look terrible, and it's easy to see why the Giants think he can run a west coast style offense with all the short passes he ran in college.

He'll be better than Nassib, but for a "win now" team I still don't really understand the selection.

The Highlights from his 2016 game against SD State look good as well. He makes a bunch of long, downfield throws. Albeit, SD is a weaker team, but they did have one DB who got drafted if I'm not mistaken.

Also keep in mind, the context... that California had an absolutely awful defense (e.g. ranked 127 out of 128 teams, in points allowed), and all too frequently, Cal was playing from behind trying to catch-up, where opposing defenses could expect passing plays/to pass rush and just tee off on the QB.

So riding the wonderful feelings for David Webb today I'll say I'm looking forward to all the mechanics and footwork problems being fixed so that he can accurately throw the football like an NFL Quarterback. I also ask that he be kept off the field this preseason.

You are all going to be so pissed when they spend the 32nd pick next year on another QB.

It will be another offensive tackle after Eli gets sandwiched by two defensive ends coming through Flowers & Hart. I'm counting on Pugh and Fluker to keep the DTs from arriving at the same time.

It will be another offensive tackle after Eli gets sandwiched by two defensive ends coming through Flowers & Hart. I'm counting on Pugh and Fluker to keep the DTs from arriving at the same time.

good think Evan Engram is so fast to get open :ThinkingScratchHead2-small:

My prediction is, at best Davis Webb ends up as Joe Flacco or Matt Schaub...competent game manager, but not elite. Or, he ends up as Brock Osweiler or David Carr.

Yea if Jerry doesn't put a competent line on the field