SportsWrath

Eli Manning most accurate passer in NFL under pressure

gmenhq

Last year he was towards the bottom…. this year he leads the pack with almost 10% points between him and the anointed best and most elite QB ever to play the game – Tom Brady.

Passing Under Pressure – Accuracy Percentage

Rank Name Team Att. Comp. TA TD INT Acc. %

1 Eli Manning NYG 35 20 4 3 0 71.00

2 Josh Freeman TB 38 25 1 1 1 70.30

3 Matt Cassel KC 20 10 5 0 1 66.70

4 Drew Brees NO 44 24 3 1 1 65.90

5 Alex D. Smith SF 34 18 2 1 0 65.60

6 Matthew Stafford DET 42 17 11 1 1 64.50

7 Chad Henne MIA 43 24 2 2 2 63.40

8 Andy Dalton CIN 23 9 4 1 0 63.20

9 Kevin Kolb ARZ 44 20 9 4 2 62.90

10 Tom Brady NE 36 18 4 2 0 62.50

Combined with his league best 139 QB rating in the 4th quarter — it looks like you can't spell ELITE without Eli!

Three weeks ago many of us were ready to run this guy out on a rail.

Now he's our hero.

It's unbelievable. Every time we count this guy out, he does shit like this. And every time I lose faith in the guy, he does things like... win the Super Bowl.

I like Eli, and am happy he's been playing well and I hope he puts together a really great season, both for the team and statistically as well because it'll shut people up.

But you can cook up any statistic you want, Eli Manning is not in Tom Brady's league as a QB, at all. And that's not even a knock on Eli, Brady is simply ridiculous. Just watch the guy play, it's not even difficult for him anymore.

More accurate than pointing out the eli in elite would be to point out the eli in believe. With Eli, you gotta believe, with the Giants, you gotta believe. That's just the kind of team they are and have been for a while. They don't just come out and steamroll people.

-Z

Three weeks ago many of us were ready to run this guy out on a rail.

Now he's our hero.

It's unbelievable. Every time we count this guy out, he does shit like this. And every time I lose faith in the guy, he does things like... win the Super Bowl.

he's a good QB. great in the clutch and has been for a while.

just pretend we had tony romo for a second...

[shudders]

:clap:

Thank you Eli. If you have another game like last week, this week vs SEA, Ill be able to label you consistent. Im still hesitant, but I like the way youre goin. :rock:

so in your opinion, 2 1/2 games of good play in a row wipes away 7 years of inconsistency? the dog truly does find you entertaining.

so in your opinion, 2 1/2 games of good play in a row wipes away 7 years of inconsistency? the dog truly does find you entertaining.

Sorry, let me rephrase......Ill label Eli consistent thus far this season.

Now run, your mommies calling, your cereal is ready. Oh yeah, work on a new line, the "finds you entertaining" is overused. :rolleyes:

Sorry, let me rephrase......Ill label Eli consistent thus far this season.

Now run, your mommies calling, your cereal is ready. Oh yeah, work on a new line, the "finds you entertaining" is overused. :rolleyes:

Umm.... not sure I get the inconsistent argument. His RECEIVERS did not know the routes week 1. Week 2 was better. Week 3 better still, and so on and so forth. Doesn't anyone else see a pattern here? A pattern of progress toward consistently great play every single week?

I dont get fans that say without a running game the giants would have no offense, and now they dont and they ARE STILL COMPLAINING about Eli even though he has PROVEN to be the brightest spot on the Giants offense!

GIVE ME A F*CKING BREAK!!!!

I don't know--the guy counts drops as completions, and doesn't count throw-aways at all. That skews things in favor of the QB in an extreme manner.

I could see discounting both, or counting drops as completions but keeping throw-aways. Even discounting throw-aways and counting drops as incompletions. But at least he does it consistently over all QBs. I tend to think the latter is fair, since in regular play drops aren't considered completions, and throw-aways help the team by avoiding sacks and turnovers.

Last year he was towards the bottom…. this year he leads the pack with almost 10% points between him and the anointed best and most elite QB ever to play the game – Tom Brady.

Passing Under Pressure – Accuracy Percentage

Rank Name Team Att. Comp. TA TD INT Acc. %

1 Eli Manning NYG 35 20 4 3 0 71.00

2 Josh Freeman TB 38 25 1 1 1 70.30

3 Matt Cassel KC 20 10 5 0 1 66.70

4 Drew Brees NO 44 24 3 1 1 65.90

5 Alex D. Smith SF 34 18 2 1 0 65.60

6 Matthew Stafford DET 42 17 11 1 1 64.50

7 Chad Henne MIA 43 24 2 2 2 63.40

8 Andy Dalton CIN 23 9 4 1 0 63.20

9 Kevin Kolb ARZ 44 20 9 4 2 62.90

10 Tom Brady NE 36 18 4 2 0 62.50

Combined with his league best 139 QB rating in the 4th quarter — it looks like you can't spell ELITE without Eli!

Easily the most entertaining post every on this board. I am laughing so hard that I cannot even muster the energy to address it. I''ll let it play out and see where it goes. :D

I'm also guessing that Archie and Peyton came up with this so-called report because I imagine they have a lot of time on their hands. Or maybe it was the superfan...

Umm.... not sure I get the inconsistent argument. His RECEIVERS did not know the routes week 1. Week 2 was better. Week 3 better still, and so on and so forth. Doesn't anyone else see a pattern here? A pattern of progress toward consistently great play every single week?

I dont get fans that say without a running game the giants would have no offense, and now they dont and they ARE STILL COMPLAINING about Eli even though he has PROVEN to be the brightest spot on the Giants offense!

GIVE ME A F*CKING BREAK!!!!

We all love Eli, and we totally see the improvements since week 1. We also know the WR problems he's had to deal with. I was speaking more of the inconsistencies in his overall career this far. Fan or not, ya gotta admit hes done some head scratching things.

Technically, that would be 3 1/2 games of good play.

2 1/2 games + 1 more game = 3 1/2 games.

1st grade math, not your strong suit I'm sure.

We all love Eli, and we totally see the improvements since week 1. We also know the WR problems he's had to deal with. I was speaking more of the inconsistencies in his overall career this far. Fan or not, ya gotta admit hes done some head scratching things.

well, the dog is pretty sure some people love him...you wanted him out as the starting QB next year, so perhaps it is "tough" love you are dishing out...

Technically, that would be 3 1/2 games of good play.

2 1/2 games + 1 more game = 3 1/2 games.

1st grade math, not your strong suit I'm sure.

suits the dog just fine...if you think eli was so good week 1 against the redskins, well then the dog would count 3 1/2 games...but since he was pretty mediocre that day, then the dog supposses you have a different expectation for what is good play and what isn't...assessing QB play not your strong suit the dog is sure...

Easily the most entertaining post every on this board. I am laughing so hard that I cannot even muster the energy to address it. I''ll let it play out and see where it goes. :D

I'm also guessing that Archie and Peyton came up with this so-called report because I imagine they have a lot of time on their hands. Or maybe it was the superfan...

How funny, that this would get your panties in a wad. And go figure, its about stats under pressure and 4th quarter play.

Oh, my bad, now I see why youre upset.... :smartass:

Eat your fuckin cereal already.

wow, like crazy dog, you are a tad more uptight today than usual...the dog wonders, is it because the yankees flopped around again this year like a salmon trapped on shore, or is it that the daunting seahawks lead by the tavarius jackson has you edgy for some reason? the dog sure hopes it has to do with the yankee debacle, b/c the giants should beat seattle by 28...

wow, like crazy dog, you are a tad more uptight today than usual...the dog wonders, is it because the yankees flopped around again this year like a salmon trapped on shore, or is it that the daunting seahawks lead by the tavarius jackson has you edgy for some reason? the dog sure hopes it has to do with the yankee debacle, b/c the giants should beat seattle by 28...

The Yankees have given me so much to be proud of, they could not win for the next 5 years, and Ill have a smile on my face.

Listen, I just dont want you to upset your mom. Its bad enough she has a 35 yr old living in her basement. Now she worked hard on your breakfast. Run.

The Yankees have given me so much to be proud of, they could not win for the next 5 years, and Ill have a smile on my face.

Listen, I just dont want you to upset your mom. Its bad enough she has a 35 yr old living in her basement. Now she worked hard on your breakfast. Run.

BB, do you google your mom jokes or do they just roll off your tongue/fingers with little effort? :confused:

BB, do you google your mom jokes or do they just roll off your tongue/fingers with little effort? :confused:

Jokes? What joke are you talkin about, besides yourself? You dont care if the dog dissapoints his mom? You should know how that goes.........ya know, since you live in your moms basement as well. :rolleyes: