SportsWrath

Fanduel and DraftKing scandal

Lughead

Background on online gambling[edit]

The United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit ruled in November 2002[2] that the Federal Wire Act prohibits electronic transmission of information for sports betting across telecommunications lines but affirmed a lower court ruling that the Wire Act "'in plain language' does not prohibit Internet gambling on a game of chance." While some states have specific laws prohibiting online gambling, many do not. Additionally, in order for an online gaming company to start, a license from the state is required. The only state to ever issue a license was Nevada, in March 2013.[3]

UIGEA

DFS is not considered gambling , it is a game of skill.

yeah i know, the law is kinda young though and i think this is going to shake a lot of things up and bring sports gambling issues back to the forefront which is nice i guess, i just don't want regular fantasy to be affected

yeah i know, the law is kinda young though and i think this is going to shake a lot of things up and bring sports gambling issues back to the forefront which is nice i guess, i just don't want regular fantasy to be affected

I don't think regular FF would be affected because no money is involved . Well at least most leagues anyway.