SportsWrath

Mohamed Wilkerson

Nas

Don't the Jets have the highest amount of money this off season anyways like 75+ million? Which is why they want Bell?

Cutting Wilkerson doesn't do much, they just don't want him.

They are 2nd behind Cleveland talk is they want Bell and Cousins reunited and Wilkerson would save them $11 mill in cap space, but you're right they just want him either

They are 2nd behind Cleveland talk is they want Bell and Cousins reunited and Wilkerson would save them $11 mill in cap space, but you're right they just want him either

Yeah don't get me wrong that 11 million they will save will just go towards the signing bonus for either of these guys.

But everything I've heard about Wilkerson is he's checked out of the Jets locker room seasons ago, just showing up for a game day check.

Yeah don't get me wrong that 11 million they will save will just go towards the signing bonus for either of these guys.

But everything I've heard about Wilkerson is he's checked out of the Jets locker room seasons ago, just showing up for a game day check.

Yup, I've read the same reports. Walked around all year with an "I don't give a f*ck" attitude.

DT is one of the positions we are good at.

Yep

Engram was quite the flash but Tomlinson actually put together a really really respectable rookie season, there was an NFL article I think it was that said he was snubbed from DROY contention since he wasnt flashy but arguably had the most productive/solid rookie year defensively.

Top 10 in tackles for DT this year, among ALL DTs this year.

Yup, I've read the same reports. Walked around all year with an "I don't give a f*ck" attitude.

Been that way two years from what I gather he got a new deal in 2016 and shut it down. I think they were trying to trade him during the season with Richardson

Yeah but with Bettcher It's probably more three man fronts Wilkerson would be a DE and was with Bowles who ran the same scheme

If we do go to a 3-4, which I don't really want to, then defensive money would be better spent on linebackers.

The 3-4 really has me leaning more and more towards trading down and drafting smith. I think pairing him up inside with a thumper like Goodson on running downs would be a great compliment, the outside guys are pretty much taken care of and smith can stay on the field in passing packages

I'm not against a 4-3, I just think you need a year or two to get your personnel right in order to make that happen. Given the strengths we have in Tomlinson and Snacks and add the weakness of linebacker and lack of depth at DE...I just don't know that we have that capability just yet.

This offseason, fix the offensive line, get a 3rd DE to be a rotational player, get 1 starting linebacker, and add secondary depth across the board. Let everything else alone. that first step is the most important and will require a shit ton of work and money to do. Because of that, the rest of the offseason work can be minor moves that aren't splashy, but necessary.

• 2 weeks later...