SportsWrath

Super Bowl Thread

fringe

The one TD where he was a runner and broke the plane...clear as day and I called it in my living room.

The other one...eh, that one was 50/50 for me. Was it a bobble or was he just shifting ball to other hand. Who knows...but if it was truly a bobble, than it should've come back. Can't overturn the call though based on video shown.

Those two touchdowns werent ticky tacky. Both were clear and obvious touchdowns to any fan. Its the whack NFL rules and how they were interpreted that muddled that. Ertz took 4 steps before he dove. Clement was pulling the ball in and adjusting it, securing the catch. No controversy, no argument from me. Eagles fans get a big congrats, no strings attached from me.

I agree about the Ertz TD , that was definitely a touchdown because he had control and became a runner then broke the plane.

However the Clement TD looked incomplete to me and I expected it to come back. Great throw by Foles though and the Eagles deserved to win the game.

Technically Ertz didn't take two steps.... He gained control, took one step, then he leaped for the end zone... I would agree that is a part of the rule that could use adjustment, anybody can see he was a runner, but to the letter of the rule, he wasn't.

And I'd be real careful messing with the definition of a catch.... what we have today is too litigious for most, but it may be that it's as well defined as it can be.

I was talking with a sulking Patriots co-worker today... I said to him, "see? Just one call in a certain direction determines the game. Yeah it didn't go the Pats way yesterday but THAT'S what I'm talking about when I say the Pats get all the calls."

He begrudingly agreed.