SportsWrath

Gettleman gives Quinn the AXE

Lughead

yup, i don't know how much say he had in picking the kickers but they were awful. placekicker and punter each definitely cost us a game or 2.

not too many turnovers from our side but not a lot of memorable returns either. Give him a C

I think we have said all that could ever be said about Quinn, ten years gives you plenty of time to know a coach. Special teams unit was never anything special. It was solid when we had a dependable punter and kicker. We had good gunners but when they didn't get there, all hell broke loose.

Would have been a better unit had the Giants been better at drafting linebackers.

Special teams coordinator: Thomas McGaughey (ESPN confirmed)

McGaughey spent the past two seasons as the Carolina Panthers' special teams coach. He was an assistant beforehand. New Giants general manager Dave Gettleman saw firsthand what McGaughey can do. The Panthers finished 10th in Rick Gosselin's 2017 NFL special teams rankings. The Giants finished 32nd under former longtime special teams coach Tom Quinn.

I was listening to the Pat Traina/Ed Valentine podcast and they were talking about how lackluster Sullivan was at practice. Basically had no personality unless he was yelling at you and said almost the exact same things each practice verbatim for 10 years.

I want to make I have this correct. We fired Tom Quinn... and replace him with his assistant? Are you kidding me?

Well previous assistant then equal and now successor. Was curious if Chase Blackburn was going to get the job.