SportsWrath

Larry Donnell, thoughts?

osi724dasack

IMO he is a really good receiving TE, hidden little gem in the pass game. Massive body and reach, great strong frame, good hands, nice body control. Lacks speed but has enough for his size.

Can't block to save his life tho.

But hey atleast he can catch.

TE position looks better then it did 3 weeks ago.

Fells seems to be a mediocre #2 as well

The guy need to catch a little better with both hands. Couple of those pass kind of bounce off his hand and falls to the body where he hugs it. They won't let you get away with that in the NFL

I dunno man... dude has made some pretty sick catches so far this year.

Yeah, I think he's catching the ball pretty clean. That one reception on an out, where he grabbed it well away from his body and turned upfield to get the 1st down was especially nice. He's been better than we had any right to expect.

About Donnell's fumble, the man's football skills are raw, we know this. But I noticed the next time he touched the ball, he carried the ball in his outside arm; I'm encouraged that the next play out he corrected his mistake from the fumble. Not everybody can correct themselves on the fly like that, its a good sign.

He's a big guy, catches with his hands, and shows a lot of agility. He's good enough to win with.

About Donnell's fumble, the man's football skills are raw, we know this. But I noticed the next time he touched the ball, he carried the ball in his outside arm; I'm encouraged that the next play out he corrected his mistake from the fumble. Not everybody can correct themselves on the fly like that, its a good sign.

He's a big guy, catches with his hands, and shows a lot of agility. He's good enough to win with.

Yeah I noticed that too. McAdoo was a TE Coach for a long time too, so I think Donnell is in a good position to improve beyond what we've seen so far as well.

He's done really well so far, but teams haven't been paying attention to him. That's going to change after this game, so we'll see how he does going forward.

I'd have to put him officially into the "good" category though, at least as a receiver.