SportsWrath

Bold predictions.

Sephiroth

Great person indeed. Not such an epic HC though.

Anybody who gets to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as his QB has earned some points in my book.

Outstanding showing last night by the Gmen. I didn't think they had it in them. Both teams appeared to be the complete polar opposite of what they were prior to the start of the game. It's about time another NFCE team stepped it up. Congrats fellas. I'm glad the Giants proved me worng. Cheers :cheers: The season just got a lot more interesting.

I'm going to step back from the kool aide... all this game really proved is that the Redskins profoundly suck.

And as long as the Giants keep winning, I'm going to keep being a negative ass.

Anybody who gets to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as his QB has earned some points in my book.

I'm going to step back from the kool aide... all this game really proved is that the Redskins profoundly suck.

And as long as the Giants keep winning, I'm going to keep being a negative ass.

Forgot about that significant point. Also, I think the Gmen found their rhythm on offense last night. They also went to the new guy often with results. The new guy won't be the new guy after other teams study the films from last night, but it's a damned good start.

In the pregame show I swear all I heard wad Kirk Cousins about... 100 times... you would think he's the one with the rings. And one thing that grabbed my attention when the annoucers decided it's time to show respect to the real QB in the game.. they talked about Eli's durability...

When Eli started his first game Dallas' QB was Vinnie Testaverde, The Eagles had McNabb and the Skins had a rookie named Patrick Ramsey. wow.

Ramsey wasn't a rookie.

It's amazing what the Rams got for moving down 4 spots so the Skins could take RGIII. Three 1st's and a 2nd, which they traded with further...from a 2013 article:

2012 First-Round Pick
The Rams didn’t trade down far to make the original trade, only moving down from second to sixth. But from there, the sixth pick was again traded down again, this time to the Dallas Cowboys for the 14th-overall pick and a second-round pick.

The 14th pick became defensive tackle Michael Brockers, who has 9.5 sacks in his two NFL seasons. This season, Brockers has started every game, and his 5.5 sacks are tied for seventh among all defensive tackles.

The second-round pick originally received was traded to the Bears for the pick that became Alshon Jeffery. The Rams moved down five spots in the deal, selecting running back Isaiah Pead, who has mostly contributed on special teams this year. St. Louis also picked up a fifth-rounder in the deal, tackle Rokevious Watkins, who was waived after his rookie season.

2012 Second-Round Pick

The Rams actually held on to this pick, and wisely so, as they selected cornerback Janoris Jenkins.

Jenkins has already emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL, starting all 14 games this season. He has 12 pass breakups this season, which is tied for the fourth-most in the NFL.

2013 First-Round Pick
The Rams again traded this pick (22nd overall) down, this time to the Falcons, picking up an extra third and sixth-round pick, giving up a seventh-rounder in the deal.

Moving down eight spots in the first round, St. Louis picked LB Alec Ogletree, who has started all 14 games as a rookie. His 102 tackles rank first on the team and T-24th in the NFL. He’s tied for 13th in the NFL with nine tackles for loss, and his eight pass breakups are second in the NFL among linebackers.

The third-round pick became wide receiver Stedman Bailey. He only has 10 receptions for 149 yards in his rookie season, but eight of those receptions and 118 of the yards have come in the last three games, both team highs in that span.

The Rams took the sixth-rounder, and packaged it with their existing sixth-rounder to move up to the fifth round to get starting RB Zac Stacy. Stacy’s 854 rushing yards this season are second among rookie running backs.

2014 First-Round Pick
The Rams greatest haul in the deal could come in the next draft, as they will receive the Redskins’ first-round pick this year, which as of right now, stands as the second-overall pick.

In 2014 they took OT Greg Robinson #2 overall.

So they got 8 players out of the deal, including at least 3 starters.

Eli...that's the only one I can think of. But THREE 1st and a 2nd for a guy who may not ever be starting again is just getting raped.

At the same time, if RG The Third walked in and won every single game and took them to a SB, then it would of been the best trade ever made.

However, this is reality. I don't think the 'Skins expected him to be as injured as he has been, it's just turned out to be a bad situation all around for them.

Teams will bank anything on a franchise player, heck Ditka traded away an entire draft plus more just to get a RB, oddly enough it was to the Redskins and even with all those picks they remained irrelevant.

Ramsey was one in a loooooong long list of saviors at qb for the skins.

Unfortunately for Ramsey, they switched him back and forth, back and forth with guys like the ancient Mark Brunell and then whenever he did get to start, he spent it on his back due to their shoddy offensive lines from that era. I always thought Ramsey had some talent, personally....

Unfortunately for Ramsey, they switched him back and forth, back and forth with guys like the ancient Mark Brunell and then whenever he did get to start, he spent it on his back due to their shoddy offensive lines from that era. I always thought Ramsey had some talent, personally....

I did too. That's the Redskins mo. Did the same thing with Heath Shuller and Gus Ferotte. I always thought Shuller didn't get a fair shake, but I was young back then.

• 2 weeks later...

Giants outplay the Eagles in every aspect, but lose due to 2 special teams TDs and a fumble return TD.

This. Going with Seph here. We dominate t.o.p and dominate in every other aspect, but Eagles get fluky plays and win like they've been doing all year

Giants hang 30 on the Cowballs in a shocking upset.

until Sunday evening, I wouldn't have found that to be a very bold prediction. But fuck me, the Cowboys look like contenders.

Have to admit, I like the way they've focused on the offensive line. Not that I want to see them succeed, but if I were to do it, I like to think thats how I would have done it too.