SportsWrath

Giants QB Daniel Jones’ Duke receivers ‘couldn’t catch a cold’ — and here’s the ‘Bad News Bears’ film to prove it

Nas

He could be good but if he is that's just lends credence to the Giants decision mechanism which included :

1) A coach with ties to the Mannings who you could say have reasons to suggest a not ready for prime time QB so as to let Eli ride off into the sunset on his terms

2) An owner who probably feels guilty about how Eli was dismissed by "Macadoo" so was eager to acquiesce to the Manning exit strategy

3) A GM who said he watched "3 series at the senior bowl" and miraculously was "in full bloom....love" with a QB that just happened to be referred by the Mannings and the owner.

To me, the whole thing stinks. Even if it works.

I dont know brother... Eli isnt that kind of guy. Hes a class act.

I think the GM remark is not supported. And you better believe the kid was scouted thoroughly.

He could be good but if he is that's just lends credence to the Giants decision mechanism which included :

1) A coach with ties to the Mannings who you could say have reasons to suggest a not ready for prime time QB so as to let Eli ride off into the sunset on his terms

2) An owner who probably feels guilty about how Eli was dismissed by "Macadoo" so was eager to acquiesce to the Manning exit strategy

3) A GM who said he watched "3 series at the senior bowl" and miraculously was "in full bloom....love" with a QB that just happened to be referred by the Mannings and the owner.

To me, the whole thing stinks. Even if it works.

I have a lot of issues with mara and the front office structure and wont argue any of this. Im just talking about us evaluating him as a player

If putz means what I think its means, its the putz that would take the 'full bloom love' comment literally.

A putz in this case is one who insults passive aggressively. And DG was a putz for saying what he said. He has that you guys are all idiots manner and it will be his downfall. That and stupid picks

I have a lot of issues with mara and the front office structure and wont argue any of this. Im just talking about us evaluating him as a player

I hear you- The sitting 3 years formula is ridiculous too as it shortens the success runway where you can build a team around a lower paid young QB. Green Bay has been paying for that for years and it's only Rodgers tremendous talent that kept them afloat as long as they were. They'd have to pay sizably to Eli for the next 3 years.

A putz in this case is one who insults passive aggressively. And DG was a putz for saying what he said. He has that you guys are all idiots manner and it will be his downfall. That and stupid picks

Honestly fringe, I assumed you and whoever else said it were being deliberately hyperbolic. You really think DG was serious? I think his default setting with the media is that it's all in fun.

Honestly fringe, I assumed you and whoever else said it were being deliberately hyperbolic. You really think DG was serious? I think his default setting with the media is that it's all in fun.

That's my take on it too. He said he'd already watched tape on the kid but wanted to see him play live. And I doubt he left the game after 3 series either.

Honestly fringe, I assumed you and whoever else said it were being deliberately hyperbolic. You really think DG was serious? I think his default setting with the media is that it's all in fun.[/quote

Being a Giants fan is never fun. ?

Don’t change the subject. We are talking about DG. That’s what he said

He said he loved the kid after scouting him on film and was "in full bloom" love after seeing him live.

You act like DG literally seen nothing on the kid until the senior bowl and made his whole decision to draft him on three series.

I know haters gotta hate but give the scouting department more credit than that lol

Hey, good first rookie mini camp reports, woo!

Yeah even that Jordan Ranan? guy on twitter who's normally a pretty big negative Nancy Giants fan, has had good things to say about Jones.

I think the biggest being "It's clear why the Giants took Jones in the first round, he looks like a first round QB".

I think it depends, Giants lose 5 of the first 8 games, then Jones is starting by week 10 or 11.

Giants win 5 of their first 8 games and Jones is probably riding the bench for the year unless the team tanks in the final 8 games.