SportsWrath

Mets get no love here

Thats a good way to lose the players respect in a season thats lost before it began. Little victories like that mean a lot to last place teams.

it's also a good way to get a young pitcher hurt... possibly for their career...for a meaningless game in April. Kid never threw more than like three innings at a time..it was his first career start. Mattingly did the right thing. Kid was not stretched out yet..and now the marlins know they have a young starter that can be great. The marlins aren't bad at all...give Jeter and co two years and they'll be one of the better teams in the nl...they're not bad now

Syndegaard is throwing a no hitting, coming off a major injury, pitch count over 105..you want him to go three more innings and possibly lose him for the year?

I thought you met fans were smarter

it's also a good way to get a young pitcher hurt... possibly for their career...for a meaningless game in April. Kid never threw more than like three innings at a time..it was his first career start. Mattingly did the right thing. Kid was not stretched out yet..and now the marlins know they have a young starter that can be great. The marlins aren't bad at all...give Jeter and co two years and they'll be one of the better teams in the nl...they're not bad now

Syndegaard is throwing a no hitting, coming off a major injury, pitch count over 105..you want him to go three more innings and possibly lose him for the year?

I agree with Mattingly in this case- and I agree that Mattingly is not the smartest proving that 2 things can be true.

The kid is 25, has never had any arm issues threw 77 pitches and Donnie Asshole had him slated to throw 90 that day

"After (90 pitches)," Mattingly said, "it will depend on what type of game he's having. But he could go 105 or 110 pitches if he needed.

"(Because those relief appearances were so long), I feel like he has two starts under his belt already. I think this will be good for Jarlin now that he knows he's a starter. He can get into his routine. He knows exactly when he's going to pitch, and he is throwing the ball really well."

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/marlins-pull-jarlin-garcia-from-no-hit-bid-after-six-innings-in-first-mlb-start/

Now if Thor is on the mound in the 7th with a no hitter I cannot imagine he would be at 105 pitches... but yeah at 105 give him a seat and let anyone but fucking Hansel Robeles come in

Age doesn't matter..he has been a relief pitcher his entire major league career..he was not stretched out..and about to face the order for the third time.

Regardless of what Donnie said prior to the game..things change..you have a chance to win a game. You pull the kid. Lots of pitchers have been pulled with no hitters...fringe care to chime in here.. wasn't Cain taken out of a no-no not long ago?

Age doesn't matter..he has been a relief pitcher his entire major league career..he was not stretched out..and about to face the order for the third time.

Regardless of what Donnie said prior to the game..things change..you have a chance to win a game. You pull the kid. Lots of pitchers have been pulled with no hitters...fringe care to chime in here.. wasn't Cain taken out of a no-no not long ago?

He pitched 4 innings the week before 73 ptiches 6 innings the week before that for 67 pitches... No reason that he can't come out and pitch the 7th. If you are talking about winning the game, they took out a hot pitcher to hand it to a shitty bullpen. If I were a Marlins fan (One of the 10 of them) I would be pissed today.

Thankfully I am a Mets fan and can count on getting fat against the Marlins this year.

I didn't watch the game, but he didn't have many strike outs hence the low pitch count. They were obviously putting the ball in play...and as I said, was going through the lineup for the third time. How did he look in the sixth? Was his stuff diminishing?

Don figured let me get him out now with a chance for a win. The lack of strike outs and low pitch count say the mets were seeing the ball well, many balls were put in play.

Probably why he was taken out

I never said Donnie Baseball was wrong but the kid didn’t get disappointed or argue a little to stay in. 77 pitches? He could have tried.

see two posts above

Saw it. He got hit hard once or twice. I was scared that he would no hit them and was happy when DB took him out. He was good enough to go all the way.

I didn't watch the game, but he didn't have many strike outs hence the low pitch count. They were obviously putting the ball in play...and as I said, was going through the lineup for the third time. How did he look in the sixth? Was his stuff diminishing?

Don figured let me get him out now with a chance for a win. The lack of strike outs and low pitch count say the mets were seeing the ball well, many balls were put in play.

Probably why he was taken out

He was cruising. It was a 1-2-3 inning that include a line drive out, strike out and a pop up. Cespedes was up second in the 7th maybe thats what they were trying to avoid

He was cruising. It was a 1-2-3 inning that include a line drive out, strike out and a pop up. Cespedes was up second in the 7th maybe thats what they were trying to avoid

that's my point..young pitcher with no starting experience about to face the meat of the order for the third time.

Shit..even aces get taken out when they're going through the order for the third time.

I think the kid on the Yankees is the only pitcher who gets better the third time around. Especially a week and a half into the season

The game is different..we probably will never see another no hotter..300 game winner..hell 200 game winner.

I don't think mattingly is a good manager..don't get me wrong..I agree with you Blu...he is amongst the worst managers in the league. But I think he's a good fit for a young rebuilding team. Once they're ready to win, he goes

As Sir Elton once said "And I think it's gonna be a long, long, time......."