SportsWrath

Giants sign Golden Tate

Herc

Count me in the Eli ain't accurate camp. Termendous warrior, great teammate, iron man, clutch as hell (in glory days) but never accurate. Use your eyes, people.

And Golden Tate? please.... Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining out. As I said if this is about getting the lines strong, I'm all for it. But let's face it, we are going to have a very constipated passing attack.

It's a bit more complex I would think... there were times when it was the D who coudln't stop anyone... putting pressure on the O... there were times when the OL was atrocious etc... Yea I'm aware.. .Eli has caused me more heartburn than I care to admit... but on the flip side, he's been an outstanding team player and a class act.

And I never said he wasn't.

He's been the class of New York you couldn't ask for a better franchise QB and he will have his number retired and name entered into the ring of honor, he might even squeak into the HOF.

But he's never been a top of the league passer like his brother or guys like Brees, Rodgers, etc.

But he's made the throws when it counts which is all that matters.

I'll miss the goof, I own four of his jerseys and he's been a pillar here and has been blasted by the media and fans constantly his entire career, me included.

But I just feel it's time to move on and I'd rather do it this year and get a rookie QB some experience then wait another year parading Eli out there week after week hoping he taps into the QB he was 8 years ago.

I'd like to see that.

I've never thought Eli was an accurate passer, but it is kind of curious that every receiver Eli's played with had their best statistical season in New York, with inaccurate Eli throwing to them. Plenty of mitigating circumstances around that of course.

I don't think its always so cut and dried on the accuracy question as well. An example from way back, I always noted a stark difference in Eli's accuracy when he was throwing to Toomer vs. Burress, or worse still, Shockey. He looked like crap throwing to Shockey.... then he turns to Toomer, and the throw was consistently on the money.

Another example, I was checking out some Rosen breakdowns, and the guy who put together the video was going on and on, look at this bad pass, look at that bad pass.... and in most cases, I think he was getting it wrong.... often I saw a good throw to a receiver who just didn't come back to the ball, or was trying to turn up field before the pass arrived, or some other sloppy crap that to my eyes is not the QB's fault. And it really brought to mind those first few years of Eli's career, with Shockey screwing up the mental part of the game, then throwing up his hands in frustration as if it was somebody else's fault.

The difference was the amount of work Toomer put in with Manning. Toomer talked about how they practiced some passes thousands of times like the end zone fades. The amount of work the receiver puts in with his QB shows up on the field which is why it has looked like Manning can't throw the deep ball anymore.

Count me in the Eli ain't accurate camp. Termendous warrior, great teammate, iron man, clutch as hell (in glory days) but never accurate. Use your eyes, people.

And Golden Tate? please.... Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining out. As I said if this is about getting the lines strong, I'm all for it. But let's face it, we are going to have a very constipated passing attack.

If we can get a middle of the pack Defense this year......and Eli gets some time....I think these guys can spark up one more backdoor Wild Card Super Bowl run....

(NSFW)

For reals.....

C. Wagon

I know most of us are not very happy... but Id have to believe the FO debated this trade quite intensely... the team isnt where it needs to be and having a highly paid super star like ODB probably didnt make sense for a team trying to rebuild... I know everyone is singing the Browns paraises right now and rightfully so.... games has to be played though.

You're not "rebuilding" when the youngest guy you bring in is 29. We're treading water at best. If they truly wanted to rebuild then Barkley,OBJ and a young QB would be the cornerstones of that effort.

You're not "rebuilding" when the youngest guy you bring in is 29. We're treading water at best. If they truly wanted to rebuild then Barkley,OBJ and a young QB would be the cornerstones of that effort.

Well in fairness Tate wasnt the youngest guy they brought in. Peppers I think is going into his third year, and that DE they brought in from AZ is only like 4 years in I believe. Sure he is a project, but certainly has a lot of potential.

I think folks need to get over the OBJ thing. He didnt want to be in NY. He was talking trash about the other players including Eli. Just a few months after signing him to a massive unheard of contract, he straight said hed rather be playing on the west cost. Bottom line, when things arent going well he couldnt be counted on to be a leader. Even worse, he was quick to contribute to the problems. Far as Im concerned the guy is a POS.

Why should any fan show any loyalty towards a player who after given more money then he will ever know what to do with cant even commit to the idea of wanting to be part of this team? The Browns did us a favor, and not to wish any ill will towards them, but I think they are going to end up regretting taking him on as much as the Giants regretted it.

For the record, I think the Giants definitely have a chance to compete this year. Oline is improved. Several of those guys were really starting to play better, and they added a stud guard.

Secondary is much improved. If they end up drafting a stud DE, and that guy from AZ works out, then this defense is looking much better then last year.

They have 3 picks in the first two rounds, all of which possibly could be nfl ready right now. And we have no idea what the QB situation is gonna look like.

How many of us thought we were screwed when Tiki, who turned into Superman his last year, left after talking all kinds of shiz? That worked out pretty damn good.

OBJ's hefty contract is probably the only reason I can think of for the trade... rebuilding usually entails getting rid of your highly compensated players... not my favorite move but it is what it is.

For the record, I think the Giants definitely have a chance to compete this year. Oline is improved. Several of those guys were really starting to play better, and they added a stud guard.

Secondary is much improved. If they end up drafting a stud DE, and that guy from AZ works out, then this defense is looking much better then last year.

They have 3 picks in the first two rounds, all of which possibly could be nfl ready right now. And we have no idea what the QB situation is gonna look like.

How many of us thought we were screwed when Tiki, who turned into Superman his last year, left after talking all kinds of shiz? That worked out pretty damn good.

Personally I like the NE model... no highly paid super stars... and lots of blue collar B and B+ players... As much as I love OBJ, his contract (just like Manning) would hamstring the team for years to come... The Browns better win now because in a year or 2, everyone will want to get paid... And how many times have seen a team that looks great on paper stink up the joint when it's time to play the game.

Well in fairness Tate wasnt the youngest guy they brought in. Peppers I think is going into his third year, and that DE they brought in from AZ is only like 4 years in I believe. Sure he is a project, but certainly has a lot of potential.

I think folks need to get over the OBJ thing. He didnt want to be in NY. He was talking trash about the other players including Eli. Just a few months after signing him to a massive unheard of contract, he straight said hed rather be playing on the west cost. Bottom line, when things arent going well he couldnt be counted on to be a leader. Even worse, he was quick to contribute to the problems. Far as Im concerned the guy is a POS.

Why should any fan show any loyalty towards a player who after given more money then he will ever know what to do with cant even commit to the idea of wanting to be part of this team? The Browns did us a favor, and not to wish any ill will towards them, but I think they are going to end up regretting taking him on as much as the Giants regretted it.

No. Not yet. Too soon. And my friend just gave me an authentic Beckham jersey like three weeks ago and I'm pissed.

But otherwise your rationale is all hyperbole and gossip. We just lost a generational talent who will be a top player for years to come.

Personally I like the NE model... no highly paid super stars... and lots of blue collar B and B+ players... As much as I love OBJ, his contract (just like Manning) would hamstring the team for years to come... The Browns better win now because in a year or 2, everyone will want to get paid... And how many times have seen a team that looks great on paper stink up the joint when it's time to play the game.

no team has been able to duplicate the NE model. You need Brady and Belichick.

No. Not yet. Too soon. And my friend just gave me an authentic Beckham jersey like three weeks ago and I'm pissed.

But otherwise your rationale is all hyperbole and gossip. We just lost a generational talent who will be a top player for years to come.

Return it citing "wrong color sent".

I feel ya Tree, I felt the sting myself the first 24 hours. Till my cousin showed me the interview he did with little Wayne. Or whatever his name is.

Well he hasnt done jack shit for us. The one game where he had a chance to start a real legacy, he totally blew it. Heck even last year they played much better without him. The guy just isnt a team player. None of what I said was gossip. He directly said everything I mentioned.

Im just choosing to stay positive. There is reason to be so, even if its a long shot. I see no reason to believe OBJ would have even completed the season. He only has once since hes been here. Let alone thinking his presence would equal a playoff spot.

Exactly, and between Landry and Chubbs there is only so many balls to go around. Is he gonna start throwing a fit when he isnt reaching 1200 yards and 10 TDs his first season with them?

I dont know, for me, soon as I saw that he was hesitant to even say he wanted to be in NY, after the risk this team made for him giving that contract, well, f that guy. Good riddance.

Huh?

We didnt have a bunch of superstars in 2011. Heck had statistically one of the worse defenses in the league. The guy who basically won the game for us was a mid talent wr who had one spectacular play.

When did so many people become Odell fans over being Giant fans? And why? Its not like we havent sucked for 90% of his stay in NY.

I mean does anyone really think giving a wr a 95 million dollar contract was gonna equal putting together a great team? There is a reason we have been in cap hell for so long, and that contract made it way worse.

We didnt have a bunch of superstars in 2011. Heck had statistically one of the worse defenses in the league. The guy who basically won the game for us was a mid talent wr who had one spectacular play.

and you think they resembled the pats?