SportsWrath

Ereck Flowers

Sephiroth

I'd be surprised if his technique improved just by becoming a workout warrior this offseason. I expect his technique to continue to suffer this year but he will be better than last season. Plenty of time to iron things out and really looking forward to seeing both tackles with some extended playing time during the preseason. We need to see more of the first string offensive line than the third string.

3. FLOWERS PICKING VERNON’S BRAIN

Left tackle Ereck Flowers, who is entering his third season, drew praise from his coaches and teammates for the physical improvements he made over the offseason. Now that training camp is here and the Giants have practiced with the pads on a few times, they can start to see the difference as it translates to the field.

“As far as his hands, his hands are getting better,” said defensive end Olivier Vernon, who often lines up across from Flowers. “As far as technique, he’s improved a whole lot, I’ll say that. I know with Flowers, he’s always working on his technique and asking questions about what he’s doing wrong or what he’s doing good on. So, that tells me he’s somebody just trying to get better.”

Vernon added: “We talk all the time. He’s asking what, as far as what techniques, as far as what he can give you. Anything to help each other get better.”

Those are nice quotes by Vernon, but honestly what's he supposed to say about his teammate? "I abuse him every day and his technique is still horrible?"

Yep and we'll know the truth of it soon enough

And either way, if he says "flowers sucks". Everyone would say flowers in fact must still suck. And if he says flowers kicks ass we all just say "what else is vernon gonna say?"

I'd break the single season sack record in eight games going against Flowers. :laugh:

And either way, if he says "flowers sucks". Everyone would say flowers in fact must still suck. And if he says flowers kicks ass we all just say "what else is vernon gonna say?"

He didn't say he was kicking ass. His comments seemed to me more like damning with faint praise.

If the remarks were something along the lines of "he looks like a whole new guy" or "he's going to be a beast this year" I'd be pretty encouraged. "His hands and technique are getting better and he asks a lot of questions" doesn't sound like good news to me, especially for a third year player.

Finally realize Tree may be on to something and Solari is really a guy who inherited great offensive tackles and hasn't really developed any

I mean the Giants had one of the best Oline coaches in the NFL, now we got a guy who cant hold an Oline job down eventhough that's all he does.

If Solari was anything near a decent coach he wouldnt be on his 37th team in 30 years.

Pretty odd too that O-line was arguably the worst position on the team... and we really didn't address it at all. Literally every guy who was a starter last year is a starter this year (Fluker was running with the 3's this week and may not even make the team).

Pretty odd too that O-line was arguably the worst position on the team... and we really didn't address it at all. Literally every guy who was a starter last year is a starter this year (Fluker was running with the 3's this week and may not even make the team).

To be fair all it took was a few years of keeping the same Oline together and an upgrade of McKenzie and the Gints had the best Oline in football for multiple years.

I dont think you can really find examples where a team went out in FA and built a dominate Oline, they need seasons together to gel and learn what works.

Maybe that's why you dont see any NFL team for that matter blowing up their Oline every year even when horribly under performing, it's one of the few positions on the field where you cant just give up after a few seasons.

To be fair all it took was a few years of keeping the same Oline together and an upgrade of McKenzie and the Gints had the best Oline in football for multiple years.

I dont think you can really find examples where a team went out in FA and built a dominate Oline, they need seasons together to gel and learn what works.

Maybe that's why you dont see any NFL team for that matter blowing up their Oline every year even when horribly under performing, it's one of the few positions on the field where you cant just give up after a few seasons.

This.

I'm trying to temper my expectations, but I don't think an average OL is out of the question. And merely average might be enough to put the team over the top.