SportsWrath

Evan Engram

rphguy

He'll have a big impact I imagine, pulling attention away from OBJ, Marshall and Shepard.

But as said already I dont think he gets enough reception to qualify, there are just to many targets on this team to get the ball too.

I do think he will lead the team in most 10+ yard receptions though, the kid can fly.

He'll have a big impact I imagine, pulling attention away from OBJ, Marshall and Shepard.

But as said already I dont think he gets enough reception to qualify, there are just to many targets on this team to get the ball too.

I do think he will lead the team in most 10+ yard receptions though, the kid can fly.

he's a tight end that can do some long wr style plays too.

His ROY odds are 25:1 I'm gonna take a shot for sure. They say TEs don't make an impact right away but I think that's bunk. Gronk and Hernandez were both good as rookies. Henry was good last year. Reed was good when he was healthy. I'm sure there are others

His ROY odds are 25:1 I'm gonna take a shot for sure. They say TEs don't make an impact right away but I think that's bunk. Gronk and Hernandez were both good as rookies. Henry was good last year. Reed was good when he was healthy. I'm sure there are others

Shockey ..... man I miss him in his prime

I think that was more said when TEs were taller undersized Olinemen who could catch the occasional pass.

Now a days guys like Engram are better WRs than most WRs in the NFL.

He wouldn't have to do much considering what past Giant TE have done.

I'll gladly at minimum take a TE that averages more than 50 catches per year and 11 yards per catch, plus that opens up the offense and stretches the defense, opening up opportunities for other guys including in the run game.

Many believed the WR core last season was going to open up the run game as well. Only thing that is going to open up the Giants running game this year is better blocking and a better RB than Jennings was last season. Perkins might very well be that significant upgrade at RB but the blocking will be a question mark until we start rolling in September.

IMO the only thing Evans is going to do as a receiver this season is provide Manning an opportunity in the middle of the field. I don't expect much of him as a blocker.

Recall last season, after the Week 8 bye, a few new faces started getting a lot more playing time, chiefly Perkins. Wouldn't be surprised to see a similar development curve with Engram this year.

Many believed the WR core last season was going to open up the run game as well. Only thing that is going to open up the Giants running game this year is better blocking and a better RB than Jennings was last season. Perkins might very well be that significant upgrade at RB but the blocking will be a question mark until we start rolling in September.

IMO the only thing Evans is going to do as a receiver this season is provide Manning an opportunity in the middle of the field. I don't expect much of him as a blocker.

A WR doesn't command a LB or S to cover him, potentially pulling them off the run. And I think he'll block better than we all think.

Plus he'll contribute in adding a dimension to the passing game.

They never covered tye. Those days are over. Even if he struggles they will respect his speed

McAdoo was boring with his TE plays. Ok run five yards down field then cross in front of the MLB...

A WR doesn't command a LB or S to cover him, potentially pulling them off the run. And I think he'll block better than we all think.

Plus he'll contribute in adding a dimension to the passing game.

So last season...

Most teams had a safety helping with bracketing Beckham. The better teams we played like GB, Minnesota didn't need to bring a safety up to stop the run. Evans at 235 is as big as Marshall and I believe faster than most LB's in the league. It will be interesting to see how many teams are going to put a LB on him. I still think Evans will do more for the passing game than the running game this year.