SportsWrath

So now what?

Sephiroth

I didnt think the season could get worse after last night but if nas starts putting his Davis Webb energy into Colin Kaepernick this might just be the most miserable season ever

LOL!!! I agree 100% Nas, drop this Kap idea... it's never going to happen

I didnt think the season could get worse after last night but if nas starts putting his Davis Webb energy into Colin Kaepernick this might just be the most miserable season ever

Do you agree Manning is done? If so, the Giants will have to save his 2019 salary... which means there's a reasonable expectation he won't be playing football after this season... I take it he retires. So now what... Who do you want starting in 2019 aside from whomever you draft... Davis Webb was shown the door in favor of a rookie and no one ever heard of.. Wouldn't you agree someone like Kap can energize the team and give us the breathing room needed to groom our next Mahomes?

Financially Manning's contract has been a thorn on our side and kept us from signing talent to protect him... Brady took a pay cut... Manning hasn't budged...

1. We have a lot of money tied up in players that are not playing up to their contracts. Eli, OBJ, Vernon, Solder, I'd maybe put Ogletree in there as well. I'm not saying those guys are bad players per se, but they're not playing up to what they're being paid. My plan would be:

Only two of those are correct. Ogletree's been all over the field and has been a great addition. Vernon just reminded us what he's capable of, and OBJ can't catch balls that don't get thrown.

And I don't think we really know if Eli's still up to it or not when he's getting hurried, hit or sacked on over half of his dropbacks.

Solder was a waste of money and I called that before we signed him, so do I get to be an insufferable douche now?

Do you agree Manning is done? If so, the Giants will have to save his 2019 salary... which means there's a reasonable expectation he won't be playing football after this season... I take it he retires. So now what... Who do you want starting in 2019 aside from whomever you draft... Davis Webb was shown the door in favor of a rookie and no one ever heard of.. Wouldn't you agree someone like Kap can energize the team and give us the breathing room needed to groom our next Mahomes?

Financially Manning's contract has been a thorn on our side and kept us from signing talent to protect him... Brady took a pay cut... Manning hasn't budged...

Im just ribbing ya but yes I agree that its time to move on from manning. I disagree on kaepernick. Id like to be able to actually follow my team in the media and read about stuff other than him. Plus I just dont think hes very good

Only two of those are correct. Ogletree's been all over the field and has been a great addition. Vernon just reminded us what he's capable of, and OBJ can't catch balls that don't get thrown.

And I don't think we really know if Eli's still up to it or not when he's getting hurried, hit or sacked on over half of his dropbacks.

Solder was a waste of money and I called that before we signed him, so do I get to be an insufferable douche now?

I agree with Tree here. Vernon was an impact the moment he stepped back on the field, and Ogletree has been a great surprise.

I still don't understand the love with Solder and why Getty signed him, I was against the move the moment there were rumors about it.

You never thought someone could be worse than Flowers but then you watch Solder against real competition and oh fuck it's Flowers lite.

People shit on OBJ but really? This team is in a free fall more players should be pissed off with how this Oline and Eli are playing. He vents and the media goes off like the fucking pundits that they are, anything for a click on their article.

Eli and the oline are like the chicken and the egg syndrome. Does Eli look like shit because he doesn't have a second to even process a play before he's sacked? Or does it look worse because Eli can't make the throws anymore?

My money is on both.

Im just ribbing ya but yes I agree that its time to move on from manning. I disagree on kaepernick. Id like to be able to actually follow my team in the media and read about stuff other than him. Plus I just dont think hes very good

I think he's the best option at QB at this time... he's not a long term solution but someone who will bring excitement and as Fringe said a change of pace... Him making a stand should have never been politicized and the NFL should've respected his right to express his views... instead we let the fucking politicians drag us into their bullshit... I respect his right to do whatever to express his opinion... it doesn't mean I agree with it.

I agree with Tree here. Vernon was an impact the moment he stepped back on the field, and Ogletree has been a great surprise.

I still don't understand the love with Solder and why Getty signed him, I was against the move the moment there were rumors about it.

You never thought someone could be worse than Flowers but then you watch Solder against real competition and oh fuck it's Flowers lite.

People shit on OBJ but really? This team is in a free fall more players should be pissed off with how this Oline and Eli are playing. He vents and the media goes off like the fucking pundits that they are, anything for a click on their article.

Eli and the oline are like the chicken and the egg syndrome. Does Eli look like shit because he doesn't have a second to even process a play before he's sacked? Or does it look worse because Eli can't make the throws anymore?

My money is on both.

There was no love.. just desperation thanks to the fat fuck not panning out.

I think he's the best option at QB at this time... he's not a long term solution but someone who will bring excitement and as Fringe said a change of pace... Him making a stand should have never been politicized and the NFL should've respected his right to express his views... instead we let the fucking politicians drag us into their bullshit... I respect his right to do whatever to express his opinion... it doesn't mean I agree with it.

I have no issue with what he did either. I just dont think hes very good. I dont think Bridgewater is very good either.

kaepernick lost his job to...wait for it. Blaine Gabbert.

Contain his running and watch him looking directly at his receivers and turnover.

No thank you.

Wanna do something stopgap, throw a 4th rounder at tampa for fitzpatrick.

Contain his running and watch him looking directly at his receivers and turnover.

No thank you.

You know... that is not the worst idea I have ever read... and I cannot believe I just typed that....

Fitzmagic is a free agent so we can just sign him after the season is over. Id be fine with that. Id also be fine with just starting a high first round qb we draft since most of them dont need to sit in the bench for a year anymore

Fitzmagic is a free agent so we can just sign him after the season is over. Id be fine with that. Id also be fine with just starting a high first round qb we draft since most of them dont need to sit in the bench for a year anymore

I was thinking just to get to end of season but you are right. We just may have to get through this season and stock up again in the offseason.

No thank you.

Ah, I didn't think that was a possibility..