SportsWrath

Quarterback as our #1 pick.

Sephiroth

I think we have a pretty good shot at landing one of the top QBs when the draft comes our way in April. You have to think that there'll be probably 3-4 blue-chip prospects and there are a lot of teams that are either set at the position or have a young player they're grooming as a starter or current backup. Let's take a look at the divisions:

AFC EAST

Bills - no

Jets - no

Dolphins - not if they keep winning

Patriots - yes, but unlikely to pick before us

AFC North

Ravens - no

Bengals - not if they keep winning

Browns - no

Steelers - yes and may actually pick before us

AFC South

Texans - no

Colts - maybe if Luck can't turn it around

Jags - no

Titans - maybe?

AFC West

Broncos - yes

Chiefs - no

Chargers - likely

Raiders - maybe, but I think they still like Carr there

NFC East

Cowboys - maybe, but Jerruh loves his boys and I think Dak stays at least another year.

Eagles - no

Redskins - yes

NFC North

Bears - no

Lions - no

Pack - no

Vikes - no

NFC West

Cards - no

Rams - no

49ers - no

Seahawks - no

NFC South

Falcons - no

Panthers - no

Saints - yes, but they'll be better than us and hold the tiebreaker

Bucs - yes?

So of those teams, we only really have to be concerned about the Bucs (who have two more wins already than we do), the Broncos, the Chargers, the Skins, and the Steelers. I think we may actually be worse than any of those teams. Assuming there's two good QBs in the draft we may be in prime position to draft one, or maybe even the best one. My biggest fear is someone trading ahead of us if we end up with something like the 5th draft position.

Turns out it's good to suck. :TU:

After the Andrew luck thing Im curious where you have Webb ranked

I, of course would take Luck but it does seem the current trend is to have a high talent, low salary QB and then spend the savings in other areas. Kansas City, Eagles, Rams all seem to have that in mind. Eventually these teams will have to pay the piper.

I, of course would take Luck but it does seem the current trend is to have a high talent, low salary QB and then spend the savings in other areas. Kansas City, Eagles, Rams all seem to have that in mind. Eventually these teams will have to pay the piper.

If the old rookie contracts were still a thing (and they will probably come back with the new CBA) teams wouldn't be able to do it like they are now.

Andrew Luck...currently on pace for 30+ TDs and 4,000+ passing yards, on a team with far less talent, particularly at RB, and tons of injuries.

Wait, but no quarterback in the league can be successful with this Giants team!