SportsWrath

Some things I took out of this week's game.

Sephiroth

1. This team might be competitive if it doesn't consistently shoot itself if the foot. On that note,

2. What the fuck ever happened to "high and tight?" Victor Cruz, Larry Donnell, Ruben Randle... none of these guys protect the ball when they run with it. The only guy I saw all day with good ball security was Jennings; its no wonder we're leading the league in giveaways when everyone holds the ball like a loaf of bread

3. The O-line is really starting to come together. I expected Watts to go off today and he had a few big plays for sure but all things considered we held him relatively in check.

4. Eli is proving the Gilbride haters right. Looks like he's a good quarterback when his offense doesn't involve seven-step drops, 4 guys running fly patterns, and 12 pre-snap reads on every play.

5. Hankins is twice the player Linval Joseph was. Dude has already shown up for more big plays than Joseph did all of last year. Not to say "I told you so," but...

I'm gonna have to wait to see a bit more consistency out if the OL... My understanding is the Texans' DL is undersized...

Credit terrific game planning (running the ball a lot) and a stingy defense that kept the game in check.

Jennings ran great.. Liked like a younger more athletic Bradshaw out there.

Donnel continues to impress

Randle sucks.

1. I agree the Giant's seem to secretly want to have the #1 pick in the draft.

2. Our WRs have always had fumbling problems, the funny thing is the worst guy I have ever seen hold the ball Plax, never fumbled despite swigging it around with one hand.

3. MacAttack called a good game away from Watt, they didnt run at him and they chipped him in the backfield, other than that he was still a force in almost every play, Pugh showed he can run with the big boys. I wonder though how it would of went if Clowny was healthy.

4. Eli and Mac must have spent a few nights up each others ass because they finally seem to be on the same page.

5. I still don't remember anyone crying about Joesph leaving, then again I know I didn't think anything of it. Hankins and Moore are going to be starters on this team for many years to come, that is if JR doesnt let them leave after four years.

1. I agree the Giant's seem to secretly want to have the #1 pick in the draft.

2. Our WRs have always had fumbling problems, the funny thing is the worst guy I have ever seen hold the ball Plax, never fumbled despite swigging it around with one hand.

3. MacAttack called a good game away from Watt, they didnt run at him and they chipped him in the backfield, other than that he was still a force in almost every play, Pugh showed he can run with the big boys. I wonder though how it would of went if Clowny was healthy.

4. Eli and Mac must have spent a few nights up each others ass because they finally seem to be on the same page.

5. I still don't remember anyone crying about Joesph leaving, then again I know I didn't think anything of it. Hankins and Moore are going to be starters on this team for many years to come, that is if JR doesnt let them leave after four years.

You ain't lying... I used to cringe at the way he carried the ball and luckily he never fumbled.

DRC and Prince can cover any receiver in this league (other than Calvin Johnson but I blame the defensive scheme of trying to jam a dude named Megatron at the line and not giving any help over the top.)

Rashad Jennings should touch the ball 22+ times per game.

Eli is capable of making good, quick reads while being smart with the football...provided he has a receiver who can get open.

Oh yeah, giving Preston Parker a shot on the field was a great move. A guy who no one wanted to give a shot in 2013. I think he's going to produce and have some key receptions. Due to the lack of a true #1 WR, the Giants have to adopt the Patriots approach to the position and spread targets around to the guys who are most likely to make plays.

DRC and Prince can cover any receiver in this league (other than Calvin Johnson but I blame the defensive scheme of trying to jam a dude named Megatron at the line and not giving any help over the top.)

Rashad Jennings should touch the ball 22+ times per game.

Eli is capable of making good, quick reads while being smart with the football...provided he has a receiver who can get open.

As the OL improves, I think the rook should get a few more touches as to preserve the RBs bodies for the grind of the season...

Oh yeah, giving Preston Parker a shot on the field was a great move. A guy who no one wanted to give a shot in 2013. I think he's going to produce and have some key receptions. Due to the lack of a true #1 WR, the Giants have to adopt the Patriots approach to the position and spread targets around to the guys who are most likely to make plays.

We may have the rook ready to go Thursday (although I hope he rests this one more game) and be ready the following week.

We may have the rook ready to go Thursday (although I hope he rests this one more game) and be ready the following week.

Carl Banks on the radio yesterday made mention to if he come and played this Thursday he would have the freshest legs on the field. BUT the Giants PR guy pointed out he has not even had a single practice so expecting anything from him seems a bit far fetched.

On a whole it was a typical Giants performance. They can look like a well oiled machine, be moving the ball with relative ease and then do some dumb shit like a bag fucking snap on a gimme field goal

The old Patriots approach. Now the only people Brady trusts are Gronk and Edelman. He used to be one of the best at going through his progression but he's regressing as he gets older.

Carl Banks on the radio yesterday made mention to if he come and played this Thursday he would have the freshest legs on the field. BUT the Giants PR guy pointed out he has not even had a single practice so expecting anything from him seems a bit far fetched.

On a whole it was a typical Giants performance. They can look like a well oiled machine, be moving the ball with relative ease and then do some dumb shit like a bag fucking snap on a gimme field goal

I'm in agreement with the PR guy... makes all the sense in the world.

The old Patriots approach. Now the only people Brady trusts are Gronk and Edelman. He used to be one of the best at going through his progression but he's regressing as he gets older.

Like twelve years ago Pats approach. That roster is not great anymore and no one seemed to take notice

Like twelve years ago Pats approach. That roster is not great anymore and no one seemed to take notice

Hello exaggeration. Like a year ago. Fact remains, the Patriots get by without #1 WRs and have relied on an offense as a team to move the chains and score points.

Hello exaggeration. Like a year ago. Fact remains, the Patriots get by without #1 WRs and have relied on an offense as a team to move the chains and score points.

I was being a bit sarcastic just tired of the "Patriot way" bullshit or the everything they touch turns togold perception. They have holes on that roster that no one seems to notice

Maybe, but Troy Brown, David Patten, Terry Glenn, Torrance Small weren't.

Neither were Deion Branch, Troy Brown, David Patten, and David Givens

Neither were Deion Branch, Wes Welker, Chad Johnson, and Julian Edelman.

Welker had 112 receptions, Hernandez 79, Gronk 90, Branch 51

How does this not indicate the lack of a #1 receiver and that they spread the ball around? I didn't say that they lacked good receiving targets just that instead of having one guy that made plays for them in the passing game, they have had several over the years.

Anyway, I think the number one thing I've taken out of the last 3 games is that this offense does not stagnate, as Gilbride's had been prone to do. They don't pitter out. Outside of the couple red zone snafus, they've scored basically every time, and it's frequently been a touchdown. I've been loving the diversity of the play calling, they don't abandon the run game, and I also do not dread third and medium-long anymore. At times, I would like to see more routes actually ran past the 3rd down marker instead of asking Victor Cruz to take a 2 yard pass and gain 7 more yards but most of the time I saw that, we at least had the lead. And that's not to say we can become scared and conservative at times, either, I loved the few deep balls and shots at the end zone from 20 yards out, as well.

Anyway, I think the number one thing I've taken out of the last 3 games is that this offense does not stagnate, as Gilbride's had been prone to do. They don't pitter out. Outside of the couple red zone snafus, they've scored basically every time, and it's frequently been a touchdown. I've been loving the diversity of the play calling, they don't abandon the run game, and I also do not dread third and medium-long anymore. At times, I would like to see more routes actually ran past the 3rd down marker instead of asking Victor Cruz to take a 2 yard pass and gain 7 more yards but most of the time I saw that, we at least had the lead. And that's not to say we can become scared and conservative at times, either, I loved the few deep balls and shots at the end zone from 20 yards out, as well.

This...

Gilbrides offense was like Chitty Chitty bang bang.....took forever to get started but looked cool when it worked.