SportsWrath

After sleeping on it, here's what I think about the first day of the draft.

Sephiroth

I love Kim Jones. Did you guys hear her questions at the presser?

Jones: So Dexter Lawrence had four sacks over the last two years...

Gettleman: yeah, he was playing injured on an injured foot.

Jones: But you think that was a good pick with...

Gettleman:look Kimberly, pass rush... it's not all numbers. You have a DE come screaming off edge, a guy steps up and completes the pass. You get a DT with a push and suddenly the DE comes screaming off the edge... there's nowhere to go.

Jones: And what DE on this roster is going to be "screaming off the edge?"

Well atleast Getty can look the stupid bitch in the eye now and say "OSHANE COMING FOR YA HOE!"

Have to stop the run first, Gettleman has been very clear on that priority for the defense.

That's true and they suddenly got one of the best at it in the draft with Lawrence.

With the addition of Oshane, I think him and Carter/Martin/Golden would be a good roation in terms of getting after a QB.

Especially if Lawrence is as good as pushing the pocket as some of these reports are trying to make it out to be.

only head scratcher for me is Jones, I really like all the other picks.

But then again, he looks the part of a sure fire competent NFL QB who won't embarass us off the field. So..... I get it.... my inner analytics guy hates it, but I watched the film too. He looks good.

If you haven't seen it, go back and watch Jones against Clemson..... its a total obliteration, total mismatch, and while I would have liked to see Jones do a better job keeping his eyes downfield and going through his progressions, that game was basically 11 men vs 1 man, and that man was Jones. He showed a tremendous amount of toughness that day, and no small amount of athletic ability. I can see why someone would watch his college film and decide to throw the statistics out the window.

That's true and they suddenly got one of the best at it in the draft with Lawrence.

With the addition of Oshane, I think him and Carter/Martin/Golden would be a good roation in terms of getting after a QB.

Especially if Lawrence is as good as pushing the pocket as some of these reports are trying to make it out to be.

personally I had Lawrence over Ferrell, so I'm stoked about it. He will fuck shit up on the interior and create opportunities for the no names coming off the edge.

only head scratcher for me is Jones, I really like all the other picks.

But then again, he looks the part of a sure fire competent NFL QB who won't embarass us off the field. So..... I get it.... my inner analytics guy hates it, but I watched the film too. He looks good.

If you haven't seen it, go back and watch Jones against Clemson..... its a total obliteration, total mismatch, and while I would have liked to see Jones do a better job keeping his eyes downfield and going through his progressions, that game was basically 11 men vs 1 man, and that man was Jones. He showed a tremendous amount of toughness that day, and no small amount of athletic ability. I can see why someone would watch his college film and decide to throw the statistics out the window.

That and analytics plus football don't really work like in baseball or basketball, simply because of variance in talent around the player, situations, number of games played and snap count, etc.

But atleast it's there more as a guide and less of a decision maker like it is in baseball.

That and analytics plus football don't really work like in baseball or basketball, simply because of variance in talent around the player, situations, number of games played and snap count, etc.

But atleast it's there more as a guide and less of a decision maker like it is in baseball.

True.... that is what I love about football, you never really know.... and sometimes, when a group of players work well together, the team can be so much more than the sum of its parts. Or, like the 2017 Giants, so much less, LOL.

True.... that is what I love about football, you never really know.... and sometimes, when a group of players work well together, the team can be so much more than the sum of its parts. Or, like the 2017 Giants, so much less, LOL.

lol pretty much

Yeah football is pretty unique simply because you need 11 guys to work together as one machine or else all of it goes it hell

I love Kim Jones. Did you guys hear her questions at the presser?

Jones: So Dexter Lawrence had four sacks over the last two years...

Gettleman: yeah, he was playing injured on an injured foot.

Jones: But you think that was a good pick with...

Gettleman:look Kimberly, pass rush... it's not all numbers. You have a DE come screaming off edge, a guy steps up and completes the pass. You get a DT with a push and suddenly the DE comes screaming off the edge... there's nowhere to go.

Jones: And what DE on this roster is going to be "screaming off the edge?"

He's not wrong how long have we watched Vernon be the king of the almost sack. I think the Giants led the NFL in pressures in 2017 and it made no difference. I would have preferred Tillery though

He's not wrong how long have we watched Vernon be the king of the almost sack. I think the Giants led the NFL in pressures in 2017 and it made no difference. I would have preferred Tillery though

Shes not wrong either. Vernon plays for Cleveland.

Yeah man I still don't get it.

He did have a nice interview in the Post though. Tough, smart, good kid, decent athlete, limited arm talent. I dunno man, he sounds like a third round pick, but I do like his attitude.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/27/inside-mind-of-daniel-jones-heir-to-eli-mannings-giants-throne/

Watched some footage on him. Honestly holy shit that Duke team was god awful. Receivers were bad, OL was trash.

From whats I saw, guy looks like he can plant his feet, his arm doesnt seem as strong as others but it seems like he can move in and out of the pocket and get a man.

I honestly cant see why we cannot win games with him but of course its too early to tell. Maybe hell be fine. Well see.

38 dropped passes last year.

Yeah man I still don't get it.

He did have a nice interview in the Post though. Tough, smart, good kid, decent athlete, limited arm talent. I dunno man, he sounds like a third round pick, but I do like his attitude.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/27/inside-mind-of-daniel-jones-heir-to-eli-mannings-giants-throne/

I mean, anything can happen. look at tom brady, generational QB right there picked later on. Maybe a QB who was set to go later on in the draft gets drafted in 1st round and is actually a franchise QB.

I mean, anything can happen. look at tom brady, generational QB right there picked later on. Maybe a QB who was set to go later on in the draft gets drafted in 1st round and is actually a franchise QB.

I see what you did there smartass.

Listening to the Radio today. Two things:

Holy shit giant fans: give the kid a chance at QB before you judge him.

Stop acting like you know and could guarantee the kid would've been available at 17. There's no way to predict that. Several other teams who needed QBs might have values Jones over Haskins and taken him. You're not freaking mind readers.

Listening to the Radio today. Two things:

Holy shit giant fans: give the kid a chance at QB before you judge him.

Stop acting like you know and could guarantee the kid would've been available at 17. There's no way to predict that. Several other teams who needed QBs might have values Jones over Haskins and taken him. You're not freaking mind readers.

I like the video that Gorilla posted in the "welcome to" thread, that youtuber who has been posted here a few times.

Basically sums it up that;

1) You go get the QB you want, in a weaker QB class there were many teams, Giants, Denver, Redskins, Miami, lesser extent Bungals, and some teams looking for future QBs in Patriots, Panthers, you have to go get the QB you "love" there's no other way to explain it.

2) You have the opportunity to get the QB you want and not have to a) Trade a fuck ton of picks to go get him as we've seen happen b) not have to worry about waiting 12 picks to see if another team grabs the QB you love.

3) Many pundits have amnesia who forgot that Haskins had one of the worst combines and draft processes and interviewed like shit (much like Murray) and most said Jones and Lock were the clear "winners" of all the pre-draft stuff.

4) Murray and Haskins both had like 9 players from each of their offences get drafted, Haskins had three Oline, two WRs and a RB get drafted. Jones had NO ONE from his team get drafted, or something like that. You put Jones on Ohio team and Haskins on Duke and they basically swap stats.

5) Jones is a good QB despite what the media is going ape shit over, from a film analysis he can make all the throws and he has in games, but people just ignore that for the #'s.

I don't know the more I read the more I warm up about this pick, all the negative articles simply state his low yards/attempt ratio and that "Haskins produced more" but leave out the fact the kid is highly athletic, intelligent, produced in a system devoid of ANY NFL TALENT, and fills a massive need behind Eli that the media/pundits have been screaming about for the last 4 years.

Now all I'm reading is about how even if Getty hit on Jones, HE STILL TRADED OBJ FOR DEFENSIVE TALENT, but ignoring the fact the Giants were 32nd in most defensive rankings lol

I like the video that Gorilla posted in the "welcome to" thread, that youtuber who has been posted here a few times.

Basically sums it up that;

1) You go get the QB you want, in a weaker QB class there were many teams, Giants, Denver, Redskins, Miami, lesser extent Bungals, and some teams looking for future QBs in Patriots, Panthers, you have to go get the QB you "love" there's no other way to explain it.

2) You have the opportunity to get the QB you want and not have to a) Trade a fuck ton of picks to go get him as we've seen happen b) not have to worry about waiting 12 picks to see if another team grabs the QB you love.

3) Many pundits have amnesia who forgot that Haskins had one of the worst combines and draft processes and interviewed like shit (much like Murray) and most said Jones and Lock were the clear "winners" of all the pre-draft stuff.

4) Murray and Haskins both had like 9 players from each of their offences get drafted, Haskins had three Oline, two WRs and a RB get drafted. Jones had NO ONE from his team get drafted, or something like that. You put Jones on Ohio team and Haskins on Duke and they basically swap stats.

5) Jones is a good QB despite what the media is going ape shit over, from a film analysis he can make all the throws and he has in games, but people just ignore that for the #'s.

I don't know the more I read the more I warm up about this pick, all the negative articles simply state his low yards/attempt ratio and that "Haskins produced more" but leave out the fact the kid is highly athletic, intelligent, produced in a system devoid of ANY NFL TALENT, and fills a massive need behind Eli that the media/pundits have been screaming about for the last 4 years.

Now all I'm reading is about how even if Getty hit on Jones, HE STILL TRADED OBJ FOR DEFENSIVE TALENT, but ignoring the fact the Giants were 32nd in most defensive rankings lol

All very fair and accurate.

Also what's up with the media saying things like "Well if Jones doesnt work out Gettleman can kiss his GM job goodbye" like this is something new in the NFL, that Getty would be the first GM to ever be fired because the highly drafted QB didnt work out during a rebuild.

Of course if the picks and moves he makes don't work out he'll be fired FFS lol