SportsWrath

ESPN

lemmiwinks

Guest Carbo
What did they say?
They should have said that he's a washed up has been, but they won't. I mean, why else would a crappy team like Miami release him, when they have no contingency plans for a replacement? That should tell you all you need to know about the Old Man.

They should have said that he's a washed up has been, but they won't. I mean, why else would a crappy team like Miami release him, when they have no contingency plans for a replacement? That should tell you all you need to know about the Old Man.

20 million over salary cap before new CBA thats why :doh:

Guest Carbo

Madison wanted to stay, and was willing to restructure his contract. Rumor in South Beach was he was willing to accept some Mai Tai's and a few Hebrew National hog dogs to stay put. The Dolphins thought he was asking too much and released him.

PS: he was clocked in the 40 last month. . .he's still not finished running. . .we'll get back to you with his time.

Madison wanted to stay, and was willing to restructure his contract. Rumor in South Beach was he was willing to accept some Mai Tai's and a few Hebrew National hog dogs to stay put. The Dolphins thought he was asking too much and released him.

PS: he was clocked in the 40 last month. . .he's still not finished running. . .we'll get back to you with his time.

you do realize that his deal with only a 2 million bonus is harldy a cap breaker nor one that will kill us whether he plays well or not?

Guest Carbo
you do realize that his deal with only a 2 million bonus is harldy a cap breaker nor one that will kill us whether he plays well or not?
Sure. From a dollar standpoint the deal makes sense. But I'm not a Giants accountant. I'm a Giants fan. And if the Front Office thinks they have addressed the secondary issue, they are in for a rude awakening come September.

Sure. From a dollar standpoint the deal makes sense. But I'm not a Giants accountant. I'm a Giants fan. And if the Front Office thinks they have addressed the secondary issue, they are in for a rude awakening come September.

free agency started 10 hours ago, I will refrain from assesing what the front office "thinks" they have addressed until at least mini camp ;)

I do not think its out of the question that someone else is brought in and Madison and Webster compete for that #2 CB spot. A lot hinges on what happens with Peterson, if he will play, possibly have to retire(this creating a cap savings and some cap relief). Its early and there is plenty of time to decide as to whether the secondary is better or worse.