SportsWrath

Madison in, Allen out

Motes

The bottom line i think we can all agree on is that, while Will Allen is a decent CB and one that the Giants could have used for depth certainly, he is not the shut-down #1 corner that we need to hang our hat on when it comes to our secondary. In free agency is he is going to command a high price tag and the Giants can't afford to spend that kind of money on a guy who flat-out can't catch worth a damn, is average at best in single deep coverage, and isn't a "difference-maker" on defense.

I do agree that Will is a good cover guy, he is good tackler and he can easily be a solid #2 in this league, and definitely a very good #3, but to command the price he will command and considering his shortcomings we just have to let him go. Madison is a seasoned guy who can be the backbone of our secondary for 1-2 solid years before Webster is ready to carry the torch (knock on wood).

Why...what gives you the impression I live on Long Island??

dont be alarmed I just remember last year you mentioning you live on the Island !

I live in hauppauge . wife, 4 kids, white picket fence no dog ! drink heavy on the weekends!

you get the picture!!

If it happens, I think it's a good signing.

At this point in his career, Madison may not match up as a huge upgrade in a player/player comparison with Allen. But what he does bring to the secondary is tons of pro-bowl level experience--and since he is slowing down a little, he is going to have to rely on that technique and positioning more than in previous years: something that Webster and DeLoatch get to watch while on the field. IMHO that is where the value lies.

That's why I'm not a big fan of drafting two CBs from the same year: you don't get that sort of apprenticeship. I think that's one of the reasons Allen, and to some degree Peterson, never developed beyond a certain level.

I think with this signing you'll see an overall improvement in CB play.

Guest Floyd The Barber

signing Sam Madison is no different than retaining Will Allen, in fact, it puts the overall D back do to the fact that Sam (if we do sign him) needs to learn an entirely new system, and is on the downfold of his career...

why would we want to sign an aging CB even though he has experience ?? i dont understand the logic...this money should be put to PROPER use and securing a VET DT to supplant William Joseph...

signing Sam Madison is no different than retaining Will Allen, in fact, it puts the overall D back do to the fact that Sam (if we do sign him) needs to learn an entirely new system, and is on the downfold of his career...

why would we want to sign an aging CB even though he has experience ?? i dont understand the logic...this money should be put to PROPER use and securing a VET DT to supplant William Joseph...

Get over it you worthless piece of shit

Guest Floyd The Barber
Get over it you worthless piece of shit

how about ignoring my posts, and quit running to the MODERATORS with complaints...you have been exposed as a guilty party by a reputable source here on the board...The FAB 4 from here on in deem you invisible...

i fear you are correct Barney ( on this point )

However on most other issues i wish that the fag 4 would deem themselves invisible !

Guest Floyd The Barber

i will begin a campaign to retain Will Allen...i am preparing mission statements to FO as we speak

how about ignoring my posts, and quit running to the MODERATORS with complaints...you have been exposed as a guilty party by a reputable source here on the board...The FAB 4 from here on in deem you invisible...

Show me proof I did that. Maybe one of you hacked into my account and did it to feel better about yourself.

Don't confuse my liking the signing with any particular dislike of Allen. I thought he was a good tackler, and could cover well. But he had lapses, and it was frustrating to watch him drop sure interceptions.

Madison had to go through coaching changes in Miami, and did OK. And given a choice of having 3/4 young CBs learning under Allen or a multi-year pro-bowler, I'm going to pick the pro-bowler every time--even taking a marginal hit on one position's play.

If the Newsday article is correct, the money sounds reasonable (basically Barrett Green's money), so I like it.

If it makes you feel better, I agree on DT, but would rather get rid of Robbins who seems to be developing into a well-paid bench warmer.

The only thing I dont like about this, is Will's youth, and Sam's being 32. But its not THAT bad, Sam's not that old, and Will is toast. He gets burned more than a match.

This will be good for the immediate future. Now Webster has a legit vet to learn from, and Gibril is solid. Who's gonna be our other safety?

Will was solid, and we will sorely miss him...even if we sign Sam Madison, which is an equivalent signing to Dave Thomas...

Yeah, no difference between a former 5-time Pro Bowler and a never was. Dave Thomas? Come on Floyd, you can do better than that...

Yeah, no difference between a former 5-time Pro Bowler and a never was. Dave Thomas? Come on Floyd, you can do better than that...

Don't bother Floyd now. He's busy preparing his worhtless piece of shit mission statement. Should make for good laughs in the FO. :LMAO:

What does that mean? Did we lose Allen? Enlighten me.

Yes Ditto, Will "toast" Allen is gone. We now have former 5 time pro bowler Sam Madison form the Dolphins. Not as young as Will, but one of the better CB's in the league.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Yes Ditto, Will "toast" Allen is gone. We now have former 5 time pro bowler Sam Madison form the Dolphins. Not as young as Will, but one of the better CB's in the league.

hes not gone little kid...