SportsWrath

If we sign Arrington/Peterson/Witherspoon and/or Sam Madison

Goliath

Money, you might need to create a new mock offseason plan with the new salary cap!

I'm a firm supporter of the BPA strategy but sometimes you have to use the best player in a certain position. Now, I think most of us agree that Puke Petitgout (I love that name) will be cut based on his salary and the cap savings. That would leave a hole at LT. We could A) move McKenzie to LT (which had been predicted last offseason) and Diehl to RT (he has experience there) and move Seubert to the starting LG role. That could work

But we cannot have Diehl moving positions every year. Let him remain at LG

Now, we cut Puke and sign an OLB and CB. IMO, the OLB problem is resolved (Emmons won't get cut because Green did get cut and the successor to Emmons to Torbor) and CB is still an issue but a slighter one now. Peterson will never be the same player again as Paul Schwartz said and I predict that he will get cut. That leaves Madison as the only lock to start at CB. Now we have Webster who could be a potential starter and can compete this year for the #2 CB slot. But he's no sure thing so we draft a CB (my boy Antonio Cromartie).

Money, you might need to create a new mock offseason plan with the new salary cap!

I'm a firm supporter of the BPA strategy but sometimes you have to use the best player in a certain position. Now, I think most of us agree that Puke Petitgout (I love that name) will be cut based on his salary and the cap savings. That would leave a hole at LT. We could A) move McKenzie to LT (which had been predicted last offseason) and Diehl to RT (he has experience there) and move Seubert to the starting LG role. That could work

Now, we cut Puke and sign an OLB and CB. IMO, the OLB problem is resolved (Emmons won't get cut because Green did get cut and the successor to Emmons to Torbor) and CB is still an issue but a slighter one now. Peterson will never be the same player again as Paul Schwartz said and I predict that he will get cut. That leaves Madison as the only lock to start at CB. Now we have Webster who could be a potential starter and can compete this year for the #2 CB slot. But he's no sure thing so we draft a CB (my boy Antonio Cromartie).

"Puke" is going nowhere and you all need to get that insane delusion out of your head....he doesn't even save us any money to cut him this year. First off, Mckenzie was promised he would play RT with the Giants and not be moved to the left side. And say we cut luke....you would want a rookie protecting Eli's blindside? me thinks you should reevaluate your offseason plan

"Puke" is going nowhere and you all need to get that insane delusion out of your head....he doesn't even save us any money to cut him this year. First off, Mckenzie was promised he would play RT with the Giants and not be moved to the left side. And say we cut luke....you would want a rookie protecting Eli's blindside? me thinks you should reevaluate your offseason plan

Team Report: Inside Slant

The biggest fish in the Help Your Salary Cap Sweepstakes is veteran offensive left tackle Luke Petitgout, who will earn almost $5 million in base salary this season -- more so than the base salary of any other players. That includes quarterback Eli Manning, running back Tiki Barber, defensive end Michael Strahan and wide receiver Plaxico Burress.

Losing Petitgout now would make money available, and it must be said that he didn't exactly have a magnificent season in 2005 -- or in 2003 or 2004, for that matter.

Another veteran almost certain to go is cornerback Will Allen, like Petitgout a one-time first round selection whose performance has dropped in the two critical areas of interceptions (he had none last season) and tight man-to-man coverage.

You were saying? And McKenzie could very well be moved to LT. And if the rookie has qualifications and if he's a first rounder, why not? Happens all the time, T is one of those positions where the rookie can step right in from day 1 (first rounder in this case, not an Street FA like Ian Allen)

McKenzie aint movng

Luke aint getting cut

No rookie LT (or Diehl at 4th position in 4 years) would be better than Luke in 06. The extra cap for 06 solidifies this.

re-sign Whitfield and have that veteran swing guy and possibly draft a replacement for Luke to take Whittles roster spot on the O line.

Guest nosebleed

When first signed, Mckenzie stated that he has no intention moving to LT, not then and not in the future. Although Puke has penatlyitis, he is better than given credit for, no reason to cut him, restructure, that is another story.

Goliath i could have sworn me and you were having a conversation on how we should not change the line because they are starting to get used to their positions now you go an pull this...

IF we sign a starting LB and a Sam Madison i say we go and get a Saftey in the first and a DT secon with Corner coming later maybe a Will Blackmon in the 3rd or Rocky McIntosh the LB from Miami or Brandon Johnson from Louisville

Guest Lockhart

Pettigout ain't going nowhere until the Giants KNOW they have someone good enough and with experience in the NFL to take his place as an every game LT. His current Backup is an old man who is good, but cannot be the frontline guy - cutting him now with out a replacement would be more than stupid.............................I guess Ernie might do it then.

yeah cause thats easy to find :doh:

Brad Hopkins, Mike Williams, Rex Tucker, Kevin Shaffer, Jon Runyan (I believe), Damion McIntosh, Stockar McDougle, Jason Fabini and Anthony Clement. And this year's draft class is deep in T like D'Brickashaw, Winston Justice, Eric Winston, Marcus McNeill and Jonathan Scott.

Goliath i could have sworn me and you were having a conversation on how we should not change the line because they are starting to get used to their positions now you go an pull this...

IF we sign a starting LB and a Sam Madison i say we go and get a Saftey in the first and a DT secon with Corner coming later maybe a Will Blackmon in the 3rd or Rocky McIntosh the LB from Miami or Brandon Johnson from Louisville

In the quest for $$$, anything is possible. Diehl, Snee, McKenzie and pretty much O Hara are locked in for at least 2 years. Petitgout, with his fat contract and bad back is not a lock

Wouldn't have a problem with your second paragraph

Pettigout ain't going nowhere until the Giants KNOW they have someone good enough and with experience in the NFL to take his place as an every game LT. His current Backup is an old man who is good, but cannot be the frontline guy - cutting him now with out a replacement would be more than stupid.............................I guess Ernie might do it then.

Which is why I listed those names. And Whitfield is an UFA, he hasn't decided if he's gonna retire or not.

Team Report: Inside Slant

The biggest fish in the Help Your Salary Cap Sweepstakes is veteran offensive left tackle Luke Petitgout, who will earn almost $5 million in base salary this season -- more so than the base salary of any other players. That includes quarterback Eli Manning, running back Tiki Barber, defensive end Michael Strahan and wide receiver Plaxico Burress.

Losing Petitgout now would make money available, and it must be said that he didn't exactly have a magnificent season in 2005 -- or in 2003 or 2004, for that matter.

Another veteran almost certain to go is cornerback Will Allen, like Petitgout a one-time first round selection whose performance has dropped in the two critical areas of interceptions (he had none last season) and tight man-to-man coverage.

You were saying? And McKenzie could very well be moved to LT. And if the rookie has qualifications and if he's a first rounder, why not? Happens all the time, T is one of those positions where the rookie can step right in from day 1 (first rounder in this case, not an Street FA like Ian Allen)

Just curious, when was this written? It may very well have been written before the CBA deal was done. We don't save much money if we cut Luke, no one gets that. The chemistry of our o-line is rapidly improving with some guys locked up long term who have potential. They are still meshing so why switch that around?

Luke is actually doing very good keeping Eli off of his ass for the most part.

Just curious, when was this written? It may very well have been written before the CBA deal was done. We don't save much money if we cut Luke, no one gets that. The chemistry of our o-line is rapidly improving with some guys locked up long term who have potential. They are still meshing so why switch that around?

Luke is actually doing very good keeping Eli off of his ass for the most part.

Don't know when the article was written but it was written before the new CBA. Why don't we save as much money?

I can deal with the false starts and the holding calls, Petitgout, when he's on the field and when he's not committing penalties is pretty good. But he has a bad back and an expendable contract. If we save alot of money from cutting Petitgout, then why not? More room couldn't hurt

I intend to, but I just don't have the time. Too much work to do.

Luke isn't getting cut. Like I've said about 100 times, you don't improve a team by drastically downgrading a position as critical as LT...

In the quest for $$$, anything is possible. Diehl, Snee, McKenzie and pretty much O Hara are locked in for at least 2 years. Petitgout, with his fat contract and bad back is not a lock

Wait that doesnt make too much sense and im not being a dick here and pointing out a type o in your writing

I think what you are trying to say is taht Diehl Snee Mckenzie can have their postions changed at any time??

but O'Hara will remain at center

that is true i just think it will benefit the team if they stay at their positions

Shaun O'Hara is actually entering a contract year.

Wait that doesnt make too much sense and im not being a dick here and pointing out a type o in your writing

I think what you are trying to say is taht Diehl Snee Mckenzie can have their postions changed at any time??

but O'Hara will remain at center

that is true i just think it will benefit the team if they stay at their positions

They will be on the Giants for the next 2 years. Likely at their positions

Luke isn't getting cut. Like I've said about 100 times, you don't improve a team by drastically downgrading a position as critical as LT...

Even with the cap savings? If we release Petitgout, we'd be saving the most money. Why have a T with a bad back (even though he has played in either 15 or 16 games) when you can save a boatload of money and get a younger, more disciplined T? I'm not bashing Luke but money is of the essence. The most vital thing in the world is money

Perhaps it has, but that doesn't warrant saying O'Hara is "locked in" at Center for the next 2+ years...

I agree but seeing as how he is the leader of the O-Line and he was an alternate for the Pro Bowl, I don't think we will let him go.

Even with the cap savings? If we release Petitgout, we'd be saving the most money. Why have a T with a bad back (even though he has played in either 15 or 16 games) when you can save a boatload of money and get a younger, more disciplined T? I'm not bashing Luke but money is of the essence. The most vital thing in the world is money

Are we trying to save money or win games?

Cutting Luke saves $920,000. I suppose that can be described as a "boatload" of money ... if you are driving a dingy.

I don't see any logic in expecting to improve from 2005 to 2006 while downgrading the LT position...

I agree but seeing as how he is the leader of the O-Line and he was an alternate for the Pro Bowl, I don't think we will let him go.

A lot of smart people didn't think we'd let Kendrick Clancy go, either. Simply put, you cannot subsititute expectation with proclaiming a player is "locked in" for the forseeable future when that play is a free agent after next year....