SportsWrath

Eagles Sign OLB S. Barber.

GiantsRevival

Barber was a pretty good player when he was in Philly. But needless to say it is relieving, to say the least, that he most likely will not end up in Philly now. Only team in the NFC East with a need at his position is now the G-men. In my oppinion we should sign Arrington to a fair deal. In the 5 year/15million range with a 5 million signing bonus.

Barber was a pretty good player when he was in Philly. But needless to say it is relieving, to say the least, that he most likely will not end up in Philly now. Only team in the NFC East with a need at his position is now the G-men. In my oppinion we should sign Arrington to a fair deal. In the 5 year/15million range with a 5 million signing bonus.

That may be fair to you, but I doubt that would seem fair to Arrington. I know Arrington mentioned something about staying in the NFC, but take it with a grain of salt. And with the Poston's representing Arrington, whom the Giants do not have a good relationship with(I don't think), I'm inclined to think it just won't happen.

That may be fair to you, but I doubt that would seem fair to Arrington. I know Arrington mentioned something about staying in the NFC, but take it with a grain of salt. And with the Poston's representing Arrington, whom the Giants do not have a good relationship with(I don't think), I'm inclined to think it just won't happen.

your right, but we have our eye on some good FA's right now...I trust EA's decision will be the best for the team

That contract averages 4 million a year. Thats not fair for a player who has had injury troubles in the past and hardly played last year? I think its plenty fair.

That contract averages 4 million a year. Thats not fair for a player who has had injury troubles in the past and hardly played last year? I think its plenty fair.

I agree, but people get greedy... and trust me he's probably no differant

Maybe we throw in some incentives for playing a full season,over 100 tackles, or making the pro bowl. Notice I said range could be a little more. But 4 million a year is a very fair deal. I won't go over 5 million thats for sure.

I like the idea of incentives, like the Jets did with Law

Couple of things...wouldn't that contract average out to $3 million a year? And right now, the only way that kind of a deal gets done, is if Accorsie decides to make an offer, is if there is a new CBA deal in place. And while that might seem fair, with the influx of LB's on the market through FA, cuts and the draft, I think we could get a better deal for him, or for someone else.

Couple of things...wouldn't that contract average out to $3 million a year? And right now, the only way that kind of a deal gets done, is if Accorsie decides to make an offer, is if there is a new CBA deal in place. And while that might seem fair, with the influx of LB's on the market through FA, cuts and the draft, I think we could get a better deal for him, or for someone else.

To get the average you take the 15 million add the 5 million bonus=20 million/5 years=4 million per year average.

To get the average you take the 15 million add the 5 million bonus=20 million/5 years=4 million per year average.

This is where I'm unclear...I always thought that signing bonuses represented a certain amount of money garanteed within the entire contract. For example, if he signed a 5 year, $15 million dollar contract with a $5 million dollar signing bonus, then $5 million of the $15 million is garanteed. I didn't think the signing bonus represented an additional amount of money, just garanteed.

Can anyone confirm?

This is where I'm unclear...I always thought that signing bonuses represented a certain amount of money garanteed within the entire contract. For example, if he signed a 5 year, $15 million dollar contract with a $5 million dollar signing bonus, then $5 million of the $15 million is garanteed. I didn't think the signing bonus represented an additional amount of money, just garanteed.

Can anyone confirm?

That I'm not sure about. I thought the bonus money was garunteed but it wasn't included in the Base Salary thats why I added it. Can anyone confirm or deny this.

Can anyone confirm?

The signing bonus and salary are completely separate entities, with the signing bonus representing the only guaranteed money. If LaVar signed a 5-year, $15 million deal with $5 million bonus, then he would get a salary of $3 million per year on average + $1 million annually from his signing bonus (signing bonus is evenly distributed over the duration of the contract).

The signing bonus and salary are completely separate entities, with the signing bonus representing the only guaranteed money. If LaVar signed a 5-year, $15 million deal with $5 million bonus, then he would get a salary of $3 million per year on average + $1 million annually from his signing bonus (signing bonus is evenly distributed over the duration of the contract).

Exactly how tired do you get of explaining the salary cap to people too lazy to look it up?

Going back to the subject this thread was originally about ...

don't be surprised if the Eagles end up with one of the best free agent linemen on the market. I'll be shocked if they don't sign either Hutchinson or Bentley.