SportsWrath

Giants Get Vernon

Mr. P

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo 2m2 minutes ago

Giants get DE Olivier Vernon, source says. For real.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 49s50 seconds ago

Olivier Vernon to Giants, as @MikeGarafolo reported.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 28s29 seconds ago

For Olivier Vernon and the #Giants, I'm told it's the biggest defensive end deal in history with the most guaranteed money

Peter King @SI_PeterKing 44s45 seconds ago

Olivier Vernon: 5 years, $85 million, $52.5m guaranteed.

That was a huge first day. But they can't be done yet. There are still major holes on this team. RT, RG, FS, WR...could all still be addressed.

I'd really like to see them address the right side of the line at some point, though I think it might be slim pickings for a RT.

I'd really like to see them address the right side of the line at some point, though I think it might be slim pickings for a RT.

Yep Schwartz and Massie both gone. They were about the only two and Massie isn't really good

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Beatty back at a much reduced salary to man the RT spot for a year or two. I'd certainly draft one as well at some point this year to take over when Beatty finishes out his one or two year deal.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Beatty back at a much reduced salary to man the RT spot for a year or two. I'd certainly draft one as well at some point this year to take over when Beatty finishes out his one or two year deal.

what happened to Beatty anyway?

Thanks! I know Pdub was telling me this but PFF, who I know some don't like and I agree don't nail everything 100%, had him rated as the third best edge rusher last year after Von Miller and Khalil Mack. If that holds up I am a very happy camper.