SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

yes JR ...I think England will make it to the World Cup finals in Brazil. ( the last time they failed to make it was 94 in the US ). We haven't lost a group match yet .....and although we have some big games coming up soon against Ukraine and Montenegro ....we should be ok. The USA look like a good side at the moment .......I noticed you are top of the group above Costa Rica and Mexico. ( how many points do you still need for automatic qualification ? ) . Liverpool have done well in the transfer window and they are also playing some good football ( yet to concede a league goal this season too ) . I am becoming more confident of a top4 finish with City , Chelsea and Utd. PS. I still think QPR will be a top Premiership side within 5 years.

I think the US can clinch it on Saturday with a win at Costa Rica and have to hope Mexico loses and Jamaica defeats Honduras. If they lose, Costa Rica goes to the top of the group. All you can really do is hope for a win/tie and defeat a sputtering Mexico at home. A very difficult task for them.

Just some thoughts about the transfer deadline. Arsenal fans should be estatic getting quality such as Ozil. But they better hope he plays some defense which I rarely see him do, because if ever a team needed defensive help, this one does. They are constantly getting hurt back there and are thin to begin with.

I wish United just hadn't bothered buying guys to be honest. These last minute deals work out to be overpriced guys who simply won't be worth the money. And the fact is, they actually needed to sell guys, Anderson, fabio are just 2 guys who simply are surplus right now. Feliani will help United, but mainly in one way, he won't be able to score against us any more. I think the squad is decent enough as is and I'd rather start seeing the youth get their chnace so we can build the fuckers up. Just one thing, even though we didn't sign anyone, if we have a healthy Vidic this year, it's like having 2 guys back, there. If he's not the best defender in England, no one is, he's a fucking beast.

Liverpool picked up some nice depth I just don't see them being strong enough down the stretch. But fuck me how excited is the media that Liverpool are leaders after 3 games!!!!. By the way, not sure what happened, but victor Moses on loan to me was a steal.

Chelsea and City had done their damage earlier in the summer, Chelsea just look like they might be a little better. I'm surprised City didn't go for center back help with Kompany out. Huge dropoff in talent when he's not there. And how does dzeko not go tell them to go fuck themselves at this stage.

Spurs challenged if they kept bale, now he's gone, they still have some nice signings, but that defense needed help and didn't really get it.

Everton, might have sold Feliani but the truth is they actually got better with the guys they got in. McCarthy and Barry will solidify that midfield.

Some nice pickups by some of the lower teams. I like Barry bannan so him going to Palace is a nice move, Hull getting Huddlestone and Livermore give them some cheap experience in Midfield, like Livermore as a player.

Stephane Sessignon going to WBA made little sense to me, he's just not that good a player and he's a greedy fucker.

Your thoughts guys?

I honestly couldn't have said it any better. With all the money Hull, Palace, and Cardiff are getting, I am very surprised they didn't spend more. I think QPR spent more in the Championship. You totally forgot Newcastle, lol.

Newcastle totally forgot to spend, and now they are stuck with Cabaye thinking he should have been bought.

Newcastle totally forgot to spend, and now they are stuck with Cabaye thinking he should have been bought.

I really think Palace is going back down. I am unsure about Hull and Cardiff but if I were a betting man, I would put money on Newcastle going down. They should have looked for a new manager before hiring Kinnear. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

I really think Palace is going back down. I am unsure about Hull and Cardiff but if I were a betting man, I would put money on Newcastle going down. They should have looked for a new manager before hiring Kinnear. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

The whole thing going on at Newcastle is a bit of a farce. Remember, Hughton brings them up and after a few weeks they can him, Pardew can't keep his job anywhere but he's hired out of the blue. They get a bonanza when Liverpool lose their fucking mind buying Andy Carroll, fact is Newcastle then went and spent wisely bringing in guys like Cabaye, BA and Cisse. And these players aren;t stupid because frankly these guys know fucking well that newcastle is a step in the right direction to a bigger club.Newcastle then end up in Europe. Now to maintain this level, they bring in a truckload of cheap french league players, none of which speak english and are overated. Cliques form, Pardew starts to get found out, and remember Kinnear was the guy Ashley wanted all along, so now that Kinnear has his health, Ashley creates a fucking position for him and like you said, it's a matter of time before he takes over. And then watch out, because nobody knows how to fuck up team morale more than Joe Kinnear.

Newcastle fans deserve so much better, 50 thousand fill that stadium, which when you consider other teams in the league, does classify them as a big team.

England were pretty awful last night away to Ukraine ( 0-0 ) ......but the 1 point is very valuable since we only need to beat Montenegro and Poland at Wembley now to qualify for Rio as Group Winners. Considering that we were missing Rooney , Welbeck and Sturridge ......a draw was not a bad result. Even if we fuck up in our last 2 games ( which i doubt ).....we will be in a play off.

Well done to the US on qualification for Brazil by beating Mexico. How the hell did US lose to Costa Rica ? .....i heard that it all went wrong from start to finish!

Looking forward to the return of Premiership Football this weekend. ( if you offered me 4th place now for Liverpool at the end of the season ...id gladly take it )

Arsenal are starting to play some attractive football aren't they ! ( just watched the Sunderland game .........Ozil looks useful......Di Canio is a total nut case and wont last much longer ).

Man City and Chelsea ........both lacking ideas and playing some poor football at the moment despite their multi million pounds squads.

Man U beginning to impress me ( and Rooney looked good last night in the Champions League too against B Leverkusen)

I haven't seen the Liverpool v Swansea game yet ........but it sounds like Shelvey kept us in the game ......and we hardly deserved a point. An entertaining game by the sound of it.

QPR should go top of the Championship tonight with a win against Brighton !!

QPR now top of the table, 5 points clear of 6th place. Doubt they lose to Yeovil tomorrow, but a lot of injuries. They only have one fit striker, they should have brought in one more striker last month. Speaking of poor football, Chelsea losing in the Champions League on Tuesday, lol. Tomorrow we have Norwich and Villa at 7am, definitely will sleep through that and then at 9 Liverpool and Southampton. Then the Manchester derby on Sunday. Hope they both lose.

QPR is now three points clear at the top, really should have not won yesterday. They really need to start scoring but their defense is probably the best in the championship. I am seeing that they are close to signing Carlton Cole and an getting an emergency loan for a few months. They have some work to do during the January transfer window.

That was a rough 10 minutes for United today but they looked much better during the second half. Tough loss for Liverpool yesterday. Sunderland looks horrible and still don't know how Newcastle lost that one and I missed the Spurs winning today, turned it off apparently right before their goal to win it.

QPR is now three points clear at the top, really should have not won yesterday. They really need to start scoring but their defense is probably the best in the championship. I am seeing that they are close to signing Carlton Cole and an getting an emergency loan for a few months. They have some work to do during the January transfer window.

That was a rough 10 minutes for United today but they looked much better during the second half. Tough loss for Liverpool yesterday. Sunderland looks horrible and still don't know how Newcastle lost that one and I missed the Spurs winning today, turned it off apparently right before their goal to win it.

I listened to the 606 podcast this morning and my God, you would swear the Titanic went down listening to these United fans. We have played 5 games!!

Our schedule is going to weaken a little now so I expect us get back into it these next few weeks, but there was no doubt City were better yesterday and there's no doubt that they have serious squad depth. But only 2 weeks ago, Stoke did everything to them but score and they were overwhelmed by Cardiff. playing Feiliani yesterday was a mistake, he wasn't at the races at all. I thought wellbeck and Cleverly did fine, Rooney was very good. young needs to be dropped for a while, he's been poor. De Gea should have at least kept 2 of the goals out. I expect the next few weeks that Moyes is going to mix it up some and he needs to to get a feel for his best players.

To be honest, I didn't even see a highlight of the rest of the games except for that excellent Spurs winner. Just too much other sports going on this weekend.

Well Suarez looked very good yesterday .....his work rate was excellent .....have Liverpool got the 2 best strikers in the Premiership I wonder ?

Worrying times for Moyes and ManU ......very poor start to the season.

Man City and Chelsea still struggling for form.( Mourhino losing his temper in the presser ! )

Nice win for QPR to stay top.

I see that McLaren has been appointed manager at Derby Co ......Go Rams !

Did you see the 33 in a row completed passes that QPR did on Saturday? I'll try to find a link to it. I think Harry is bring a little Barca to QPR lol. Well anyway that is a big loss for QPR but I am sure Harry will find someone. If QPR can do what they did to Boro on Saturday during the rest of the season, they will win the league by 20 points.

Really did not see that coming with Derby sacking Clough. I said a few months ago that they have a decent team but they are just not good enough at the moment. That is what you get when the board refuses to spend money. Johnny Russell was the only good signing they had over the summer. They should have started fresh with a new manager before the season even started. I am not saying the Championship is good, because it is really is not, but Derby doesn't have what it takes right now. Too many better teams in front of them and they are only a mid table team.

Liverpool looks really good, I think this season is going to be fun with hopefully a 6 horse race for the top. I swear I saw an article somewhere linking Balotelli to Liverpool. Can you imagine him and Suarez lol. I am sure United and City will put it together eventually but hope they don't give up on Moyes yet. Really have no idea how the rest of the table is going to sort out.

Moyes is an excellent club manager and was the right choice to succeed Fergie at ManU. I am sure he will be given a year to prove himself ( and the positive results will surely come ). The only lingering doubt that i have about Moyes is his unproven ability at the very top level (eg.he can't win big derby games and he has no track record in European games ).

Time will tell , but i expect him to be manager at ManU for many years to come........however if they didnt finish in the top 4 ......and had an early exit in the Champions League....would he get a second year ?

I'm going to the Hull City game v Aston Villa on Sat ......should be fun ! ( better than watching the bloody Giants at the moment anyway ! )

QPR and Burnley play in three weeks. Very very tough schedule coming up; Millwall, Burnley, Wigan, Derby, and Reading. Didn't really watch much Premier games this weekend. Caught Liverpool's three quick goals yesterday and they look really good. Southampton look surprisingly good. Well the table is starting to come together. So far Sunderland and Palace are a mess.

I see two big games coming up for England; Montenegro and Poland. The US plays Jamaica and Panama. Panama is in fourth ahead of Mexico. I can't believe how bad Mexico is but would like to see them finish at least fourth and play in the playoff for the final spot in the WC against New Zealand.

• 2 weeks later...

What a crazy ending to the US Panama game tonight. Panama takes the lead with 3 minutes to go. All panama needs to do is win and they will get into the final playoff against New Zealand. The US ties it two minutes into extra time and 30 seconds later, the US takes the lead and wins it, eliminates Panana. Mexico instead will play New Zealand.

What a crazy ending to the US Panama game tonight. Panama takes the lead with 3 minutes to go. All panama needs to do is win and they will get into the final playoff against New Zealand. The US ties it two minutes into extra time and 30 seconds later, the US takes the lead and wins it, eliminates Panana. Mexico instead will play New Zealand.

yes .....insane ending .......what a fuck up by Panama

England looking good ......Andros Townsend looked really good over the last 2 games ...there is hope

Rio here we come !

I think I have watched that ending of the US Panama game a dozen times and I can't believe how Panama just gave up. When they were up 1, they should have had everyone back. I think Guzan should be starting over Howard.

I see Townsend signed a 4 year deal today with Tottenham, that's a bummer. Thank god it is back tomorrow. We have Newcastle and Liverpool on at 7am (will be sleeping unfortunately), a good one with Man U and Southampton at 10, and West Ham and City on at 12:30.

Cool, that makes it four here. The bottom of the table is really starting to shape up. You have two clubs, Sunderland and Palace who are in serious trouble. Not sure if Poyet can save them because they are still in spiral mode. Norwich is there also but I think they will find a way to stay up. Cardiff is also in serious trouble also. Man, that was brutal ending to the Man Utd Southampton game. QPR blew it today, giving up an extra time goal to Millwall. Those are games you have to win and they ended up with a point. Two tough games coming up, Wigan on Wednesday and Burnley on Saturday.