SportsWrath

Hankins to the Colts

Gman329

It was the worst NY Giants Defense in recent memory and my memory goes back over 30 years. There isn't one player still in the NFL from that defense that would look back at that year and call it their best. When you thought it couldn't get worse, it did. A fucking disaster from top to bottom.

So I think it is really not a good example.

The guy has had three years (as Seph pointed out)...what has he shown in those three years, including during his fill-in starting time for Hankins, to indicate he's anything more than a backup?

I bet he's on track to be another 3rd rounder of Reese's that is out of the league/un-signed after next years free agency, or just a backup on another roster playing through 1-2yr low salary deals.

The guy has had three years (as Seph pointed out)...what has he shown in those three years, including during his fill-in starting time for Hankins, to indicate he's anything more than a backup?

I bet he's on track to be another 3rd rounder of Reese's that is out of the league/un-signed after next years free agency, or just a backup on another roster playing through 1-2yr low salary deals.

I haven't seen much either and yet still curious to see what Bromley can do. His career to this point does look like it will be as a backup at best. If Bromley can put up Hankins numbers from last year, we won't miss Hankins.

Because every other third round player drafted turns out to be HoF material lol

Is that the only other possible outcome for third round picks? Lol...how about this...simply remain in the league...can they do that at least? Is that so much to ask? Lol

If ever player drafted stayed in the NFL for 10 years starting for the team they were drafted by, there wouldn't be a need for an NFL draft.

Most picks are off their team within three-four seasons of being drafted, regardless of round.

If ever player drafted stayed in the NFL for 10 years starting for the team they were drafted by, there wouldn't be a need for an NFL draft.

Most picks are off their team within three-four seasons of being drafted, regardless of round.

I'm not even saying 10 years...just don't be out of the league on the street after year 4, after doing barely anything.

I'm not even saying 10 years...just don't be out of the league on the street after year 4, after doing barely anything.

Like I said though, this is nothing new to the NFL, every team has players who flame out after a few years being drafted.

Yes some teams do strike it rich from year to year, such as the Gints in '07, but usually three or four years after being drafted a player isnt even starting in any sort of manner for any team in the NFL.

I mean we can sit here and bitch and moan about how JRs "middle round picks never work out" but show me a NFL GM who year in and year out has their middle rounds contributing on the team after a few years.

I'll then show you a GM who should be known as the best GM to ever be in the NFL.

HEY! You try busting your ass for four years and getting no credit from some asshole sitting on his couch every sunday!

:laugh:

HEY! You try busting your ass for four years and getting no credit from some asshole sitting on his couch every sunday!

:laugh:

Hey try winning a couple Super Bowls but getting shit on for the years you didn't win it.

"Lol vendetta wants every Reese draft pick to be a first ballot hall of famer I guess"

You guess incorrectly.

How is simply asking for 1 out of 5 3rd round picks to simply hang around in the league (i.e. to simply not be out of the NFL) after four years the same as "every draft pick needs to be a first ballot hall of famer?" I think I've set the standard pretty low.

You guess incorrectly.

How is simply asking for 1 out of 5 3rd round picks to simply hang around in the league (i.e. to simply not be out of the NFL) after four years the same as "every draft pick needs to be a first ballot hall of famer?" I think I've set the standard pretty low.

Imagine how happy you would have been if the Giants had drafted Herzlich in the third round instead of signing him as a street free agent after the draft. Been here since 2011 and keeps on tickin.

:afro:

Imagine how happy you would have been if the Giants had drafted Herzlich in the third round instead of signing him as a street free agent after the draft. Been here since 2011 and keeps on tickin.

:afro:

Hey, finding people in other rounds including as FAs is fine, but that's no excuse for being an overall mediocre or below average GM.

Herzlich is a career backup btw, and has been marginal when given the chance. And really....your counter to Reese being a disaster in the 3rd round is Herzlich?

Reese is not a disaster. He's probably around the middle of the pack and I think he's getting better with experience. His draft hits and misses are about the same as other GMs. And let's not forget the three bullseyes on last year's free agent haul. Doesn't that count for anything? You're never going to see six perfect picks in the draft or 72 perfect plays in a game but sometimes it feels like nothing else will satisfy.

Reese is not a disaster. He's probably around the middle of the pack and I think he's getting better with experience. His draft hits and misses are about the same as other GMs. And let's not forget the three bullseyes on last year's free agent haul. Doesn't that count for anything? You're never going to see six perfect picks in the draft or 72 perfect plays in a game but sometimes it feels like nothing else will satisfy.

No-one said disaster. I've been saying below average. On the 3rd round, he's demonstrably been below average comparing his figures to the average of GMs, posted by Tree.

No-one said disaster. I've been saying below average. On the 3rd round, he's demonstrably been below average comparing his figures to the average of GMs, posted by Tree.

Below average with above average results :smartass:

I agree that Reese has not been as bad as V claims... I actually think he's north of average... I think a source of our problems has been coaching... The Sheridans, The Fewels etc...

I agree that Reese has not been as bad as V claims... I actually think he's north of average... I think a source of our problems has been coaching... The Sheridans, The Fewels etc...

I think it is a combination of factors with players and talent being number one and the price of success second. Had a lot of players not pan out from injury and talent. Every time we win a super bowl everyone expects a payday regardless of their contribution and talent. Tom Coughlin is a great coach and while we have always complained about his coordinators, they did manage to win two super bowls and lose some head scratching games.