SportsWrath

What Was Your Worst Sportswrath Prediction?

fringe

With all the nonsense going on in the Webb WAVIED thead with folks trying to find threads of others predicting greatness for Webb, I thought it would be fun for those of us willing to admit, to look back on our own gaffes.

I think my worst was pronouncing Coughlin a bona fide failure after game 2 of 2007 season when Eli hurt his shoulder. Of course he only won a SB that year. doh

I was right there with you in 2007. I thought the Giants may be the worst team in football that year.

Hmm, nope. Everything Ive said has been spot on. Jk

Seriously though, I had all kinds of hope for Barden. Thought Flowers was gonna be good, even after his rookie year. Definitely thought Web was our next QB. Oh I thought Kurt Warner was gonna get us a ring.

Mm Im sure I have a few more failed predictions, just to tired to think of them.

You might have been right about that one Seph. We won I think like 3 games his last year completely on his shoulders. That would have been higher draft picks for us in Elis second year if we would have lost those games. Might have had an even better draft class.

They did win a Super Bowl that next year though, so no point in messing with it lol

Oh man I remember being so mad at tiki having that crazy last game against Washington. I thought it saved coughlins job and dropped us too low to draft Patrick Willis. Like Reese wouldve drafted a linebacker in the first round lol

Sportswrath was but a twinkle in Nems eyes ( who was but a twinkle in his Moms eyes) in the rocky Thompson era.

But, I was sure Tucker Fredrickson over Gale Sayers was the money move.

...only if you were thinking offense....if they were going defense with the # 1 in 65....They would have had to go George Donnolly over both Butkus and Mike Curtis...just to make sure the shirt stain on the right side of the bed matched the one on the left side of the bed.

But as we know...65 was all about running backs.....like 5 of their 10 picks or so.

Jesus ...they had NO idea how many fights I had over that period because the Gman sucked so fucking bad.

I am sure I got CTE over all that shit by the early 70s.

C. Wagon

...only if you were thinking offense....if they were going defense with the # 1 in 65....They would have had to go George Donnolly over both Butkus and Mike Curtis...just to make sure the shirt stain on the right side of the bed matched the one on the left side of the bed.

But as we know...65 was all about running backs.....like 5 of their 10 picks or so.

Jesus ...they had NO idea how many fights I had over that period because the Gman sucked so fucking bad.

I am sure I got CTE over all that shit by the early 70s.

C. Wagon

They sucked but they were loveable.

I never seen the Giant's doing anything more than 8-8 last season even with a full team.

McAttack was garbage the moment he took the HC and was only bailed out of games by better defensive play.

I had no illusions the Giants would even make the playoffs again after sneaking in the previous year due to a weak division.