SportsWrath

So what's really going to happen on Thursday?

Sephiroth

There is disagreement about him...like there is about most prospects in this draft. Personally I am on the he's garbage side. He may have upside and he mirrors well. I have no idea why some of these guys list power has a strength, power is my big concern with him

I am not in the tank for any player because all I have to go by is paid analysts and biased reports. This is the first year that I am fully trusting Reese and company to have done their homework and have a game plan that will benefit the Giants.

I stick up for Peat because I just don't buy it when paid analysts or people with unknown motives knock him like he's a bust waiting to happen. I just don't believe that. With that said, I will be happy if the Giants take Peat....or Flowers, or Scherff, or Cooper/White, or trade down.

But I will be very upset if they burn a top 10 pick on a RB, QB, Safety (only because there is no safety in the mold of Sean Taylor deserving of a top 10 pick - IMHO), or a tweener they plan to use as a DE instead of a LB.

For me, it's really a "Trust in Reese/TC" year if ever there was one. I'm more excited about the possibility of snatching some gems in the mid and later rounds like Jesse James, or Anthony Chickillo, or Zack Zenner. And will dance in the street if they are able to pull off getting Odighizuwa in the second. There will be a loud groan out of my living room when I hear one of those names picked by a different team....possibly some vulgarities if the team is in our division.

Agree more and more on the trading down...but there has to be a player that a lower picking team desires, that is also likely to go to the teams immediately following our pick. Further, if we're looking at Landon Collins, I have to believe that the Saints would be interested at 13. That means, we can't move down any lower than 12.

9 - Giants

10 - Rams

11 - Vikings

12 - Browns

So, out of the Rams, Vikings, Browns...who would still be available that they'd be willing to move up 1-3 spots to get?

I've heard interest from the Saints regarding Collins. They have Byrd and Vaccaro has their safeties, but may shop Vaccaro. Wonder what the asking price for Vaccaro may be?

I've heard interest from the Saints regarding Collins. They have Byrd and Vaccaro has their safeties, but may shop Vaccaro. Wonder what the asking price for Vaccaro may be?

Per Walter Football:

Safety: I don't know what the Saints are going to do at safety. They spent a high pick on Kenny Vaccaro and gave Jairus Byrd lots of money last offseason, yet both of them were awful. I suppose New Orleans will have to give them another chance, all while spending a mere mid-round selection on some competition.

Agree more and more on the trading down...but there has to be a player that a lower picking team desires, that is also likely to go to the teams immediately following our pick. Further, if we're looking at Landon Collins, I have to believe that the Saints would be interested at 13. That means, we can't move down any lower than 12.

9 - Giants

10 - Rams

11 - Vikings

12 - Browns

So, out of the Rams, Vikings, Browns...who would still be available that they'd be willing to move up 1-3 spots to get?

That's something we can't know until the draft starts, but I wouldn't be surprised if Reese has already talked to some of those teams.

That's something we can't know until the draft starts, but I wouldn't be surprised if Reese has already talked to some of those teams.

No doubt teams have done their trade homework and are prepared for it. But something about the 'If I were the GM, I'd trade down' comment, without including mention of another team trading up...irks me a bit. It just makes it sound as if trading down is an automatic and easy thing to do. I mean, it's not even an option without a trade partner. And if you haven't thought of a potential trade partner....then it kinda blows the whole suggestion out of the water.

Not busting anyone's balls, just throwing it out there that if someone suggests we trade down, that I personally, like seeing that there was enough thought put into it that the original poster mentions the actual proposed trade.

No doubt teams have done their trade homework and are prepared for it. But something about the 'If I were the GM, I'd trade down' comment, without including mention of another team trading up...irks me a bit. It just makes it sound as if trading down is an automatic and easy thing to do. I mean, it's not even an option without a trade partner. And if you haven't thought of a potential trade partner....then it kinda blows the whole suggestion out of the water.

Not busting anyone's balls, just throwing it out there that if someone suggests we trade down, that I personally, like seeing that there was enough thought put into it that the original poster mentions the actual proposed trade.

I agree.

After the home run hit last year with OBJ, I have to believe it'd be tempting to snag Cooper or White if either are there. Maybe even Parker. But boy oh boy, I think that'd be a mistake given the state of the lines, safety, and LB positions...not to mention the availability of WRs later in the draft.

The thing is - it's unusual to hear from a team about a trade until the Giants are on the clock. That's when the phone rings if it rings at all. We have no idea who is hell bent on a certain player and if that player is still on the board because teams keep everything so close to the chest. And teams who are interested in their "gotta have" player will never call if the guy is off the board. And if he is still on the board - that is the first time the Giants will hear from that team.

I believe that is the sole reason why teams are given 15 minutes before they have to choose a player (1st round anyway). They know within the first few seconds who they are going to take unless there are two players tied and a discussion takes place between two coaches/scouts. Nothing would be crazier than running to the podium with your pick if you had waited a few minutes and found out you could get an extra 2nd or next years 1st from a team that thinks it's worth it.

The year when Minnesota was passed by on their 1st round pick because they didn't get a selection to the podium on time still baffles me. That was either the dumbest thing ever done in a draft or they were trying to strike a deal and ran out of time. I can't believe it was because they just didn't know who to pick. That was crazy.

After the home run hit last year with OBJ, I have to believe it'd be tempting to snag Cooper or White if either are there. Maybe even Parker. But boy oh boy, I think that'd be a mistake given the state of the lines, safety, and LB positions...not to mention the availability of WRs later in the draft.

I read an article that said there are anywhere from 11 - 13 WR's worthy of a first round pick. If there's a run on them in the first, that means we could possibly get a major stud that falls to us at pick 40. That'd be sweet.

To be fair I said "I wouldn't complain about trading down a few spots", I didn't say that it was the easy or even practical thing to do.

The thing is - it's unusual to hear from a team about a trade until the Giants are on the clock. That's when the phone rings if it rings at all. We have no idea who is hell bent on a certain player and if that player is still on the board because teams keep everything so close to the chest. And teams who are interested in their "gotta have" player will never call if the guy is off the board. And if he is still on the board - that is the first time the Giants will hear from that team.

I believe that is the sole reason why teams are given 15 minutes before they have to choose a player (1st round anyway). They know within the first few seconds who they are going to take unless there are two players tied and a discussion takes place between two coaches/scouts. Nothing would be crazier than running to the podium with your pick if you had waited a few minutes and found out you could get an extra 2nd or next years 1st from a team that thinks it's worth it.

The year when Minnesota was passed by on their 1st round pick because they didn't get a selection to the podium on time still baffles me. That was either the dumbest thing ever done in a draft or they were trying to strike a deal and ran out of time. I can't believe it was because they just didn't know who to pick. That was crazy.

Oh, I know there is a lack of information available to realistically suggest trades in pre-draft mocks and discussions. It's also why there are always more trades in the draft itself than what you normally see in mocks. It's just that if you're going to suggest a trade, I like to see the support behind the suggestion. Otherwise, I'd suggest we simply trade our 7th rounder for the #1 overall pick and call it done.

I read an article that said there are anywhere from 11 - 13 WR's worthy of a first round pick. If there's a run on them in the first, that means we could possibly get a major stud that falls to us at pick 40. That'd be sweet.

the more I look at our team, the less I want them to pick a WR this year at all. Certainly not in the top 4 rounds...not for me anyway. Oline, Dline, LB, S....in whatever order. If some of the quality players get pushed down because other teams are drooling over WRs, I'm cool with that.

To be fair I said "I wouldn't complain about trading down a few spots", I didn't say that it was the easy or even practical thing to do.

Again, I wasn't being overly critical. If we ended up trading down a few spots, I would be okay with it as well.

I've made my desires for this draft well known. Our holes have been well documented and some are more glaring than others, but if anyone thinks WR isn't a need in this draft they are very mistaken. That being said... I'm getting tired of waiting and really just want Thursday to hurry up so the debating can end and we know what we're heading into camp with.

I've made my desires for this draft well known. Our holes have been well documented and some are more glaring than others, but if anyone thinks WR isn't a need in this draft they are very mistaken. That being said... I'm getting tired of waiting and really just want Thursday to hurry up so the debating can end and we know what we're heading into camp with.

I think with Beckham, Cruz, and Randle...we can wait on WR until next year. And before we get into Cruz's injury, we have the guy we signed away from Dallas who could step in at WR. Further, we have Vereen now, whose ability to catch out of the backfield has been mentioned, but at the same time, overlooked. I just think there is more there to make up for any dropoff from Cruz than there is to make up for the dropoff at other positions should the positions not be bolstered.

WR is definitely a position to keep an eye on...perhaps even seeing what comes available as rosters are whittled down...but I don't know that it needs addressed in the draft like some other positions...again, Oline, Dline, LB, S

I think with Beckham, Cruz, and Randle...we can wait on WR until next year. And before we get into Cruz's injury, we have the guy we signed away from Dallas who could step in at WR. Further, we have Vereen now, whose ability to catch out of the backfield has been mentioned, but at the same time, overlooked. I just think there is more there to make up for any dropoff from Cruz than there is to make up for the dropoff at other positions should the positions not be bolstered.

WR is definitely a position to keep an eye on...perhaps even seeing what comes available as rosters are whittled down...but I don't know that it needs addressed in the draft like some other positions...again, Oline, Dline, LB, S

I so agree. I love exciting WR's, but the truth is - most (even the top picks in a draft) are busts. It's a position with an extraordinary fallout.

Right now, we have Odell Beckham Jr., Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, Preston Parker, Corey Washington, Dwayne Harris, Jerrel Jernigan, Marcus Harris, Julian Talley, Juron Criner, Kevin Ogletree, and Chris Harper on the team already.

We will draft at least one WR and probably sign a couple UDFAs. And if we pickup someone like Justin Hardy for the slot position, or Darren Waller for end zone catches....or some kid no one ever heard of who could break out the way Cruz did when he came out of nowhere. We will be in decent shape.

Also, I'm interested in seeing if Corey Washington will start getting more playing time and have a break out year. He needs experience for Eli and the coaches to gain his trust. If we use a high draft pick on a WR, we have to give that guy the experience because of the investment in him and someone like Corey sits on the bench until he is eventually cut because he never got a real chance to develop.

My only real concern is if Cruz can't play the way he used to and holds back. That's why I think that if we draft any WR, it should be a slot guy - and those guys can get picked up in later rounds as everyone is looking for the next OBJ. Also, if we get another stud WR like OBJ, that means OBJ will get thrown to a lot less and I think he needs to get the ball a lot.

Hopefully we build the trench and establish a solid running game which will free up the WR's that we already have more than anything. That, and being able to stop the run.

Regardless - only 2 days until our first pick. It's torture waiting.

Is Parker still on the roster? Aside from a few drops in the worst times possible, he was brilliant.

Beckham - Only consistent WR on our roster.

Cruz - Coming off a major injury that, iirc, no NFL WR has ever suffered. His injury directly impacts his "game". Has not played a full 16 game season since 2012. In the last 2 years he has played 20 games, caught 96 passes for 1335 yards and 5 TDs.

Randle - Most Inconsistent WR on our roster. Shows flashes of skill but never anything more. 3 years of production average out to 44 catches 616 yards and 4 TDs per season. Entering the final year of his contract.

Parker - Inconsistent at best. Shows potential but is overshadowed by on-field brainfarts. Career stats since 2010... 78 catches 994 yards 6 TDs.

Washington - master of preseason and only getting on the field when a Fade is necessary... rookie stats 5 catches 52 yards 1 TD

D. Harris - Entire purpose is ST. After 4 years in a pass-happy Dallas offense Harris amassed a whopping 33 catches for 418 yards. Potential? Yes. Security if Cruz goes down for a 3rd season in a row? I don't think so.

M. Harris - Barely know him. Injured all last season.

Ogletree - See D. Harris... 7 years in the NFL 88 catches for 1099 yards and 6 TDs. Was let go by Dallas after he was passed on the depth chart by... Dwayne Harris. Really?

Anyone else on the roster atm is nothing more than fodder imo. I don't see anything secure about this list. I'm not gonna sit here and say we absolutely have to go WR in the 1st round, but if a Cooper or White is on the board at 9 we need to take them.

Last year we had people shitting on Coughlin for not playing Washington. Now we want to make sure we draft a WR so Washington won't play.

Remember the raving calls for Moore?

Almost like the coaching staff knew he wasnt ready to be a starter, who'd a thought.

Last year we had people shitting on Coughlin for not playing Washington. Now we want to make sure we draft a WR so Washington won't play.

What I saw from Washington last year was an inability to create separation. And if you had a choice between Corey Washington and Kevin White, who are you taking?