SportsWrath

Required to stand for NA

It all came back to the forefront after Sept. 11 to rally the nation. The American flag and the National Anthem is not about the military. There is nothing wrong with it and those military service members are at the forefront of protecting the nation. I'm sure they would love to be at home watching the game instead of abroad defending the nation.

They shouldnt be if you ask me. And they are abroad more to safeguard the oil than "defend" the nation. The USA has created a shitstorm of epic proportions and one they are unable to get out of. Those soldiers deserve to be home defending the nation - not give up your lives so that corporations can make billions.

They shouldnt be if you ask me. And they are abroad more to safeguard the oil than "defend" the nation. The USA has created a shitstorm of epic proportions and one they are unable to get out of. Those soldiers deserve to be home defending the nation - not give up your lives so that corporations can make billions.

Elect better leaders and hold them accountable, maybe during a commercial break.

All I know is that if I decided to protest something - anything on my employers time Id be fired in a heartbeat. Hell, even if I protested something on social media on my own time and somehow attached my employers name to it Id be shit canned.

All I know is that if I decided to protest something - anything on my employers time Id be fired in a heartbeat. Hell, even if I protested something on social media on my own time and somehow attached my employers name to it Id be shit canned.

But if your employer was playing the national anthem every day at work you should be within your rights to not stand.

But if your employer was playing the national anthem every day at work you should be within your rights to not stand.

You could be right but when boiled down I am getting paid to do what they tell me to do. Unions make it a little more complicated than that though.

Your employment is most likely “at will” and that is exactly what they did to Kaepernik, but after he was out of contract.

Now is the time to take it one step further: Close the concession stands and bathrooms 5 minutes before and during the National anthem. Ten years from now we'll have 80% of homes with cameras and microphones so we can make sure the people at home are participating as well.

Because maybe you shouldn't be here... :ph34r:

How about they want us to respect the National Anthem, they don't put some Amercan Idol reject up there singing it while the manalapan high school color guard plays off key trumpet or fergie god forbid

I hope an overwhelming majority of players opt to stay in the locker room.

That would be IMO the best form of protest available that I can think of at the moment. Though they are mostly millionaire college drop outs so we'll see what they come up with.

I hope an overwhelming majority of players opt to stay in the locker room.

I hope they come out and still kneel if they want to.

I don't care if billionaire owners get fined.

As a coach, the last thing I'd want is the team split up just before the game, with some in and some out, and the distraction that goes with all that. I'd opt to keep the whole team in, which is what they used to do not too far back.

I hope they come out and still kneel if they want to.

I don't care if billionaire owners get fined.

I second this!

At what point will these douchebags realise that this is never about the anthem or the flag. It is about the fucking police brutality. These players do more for the community than any of those white old cuntfaces who apparently take such ridiculous decisions. Play the anthem - if the fans can grab beers and hotdogs and chit chat during the anthem, the players can bloody well kneel in silence. Trump now says he agrees with this new rule. This isnt no fucking rule - they just want the brutality to continue. Id want everyone to come out and kneel and raise a fist if needed!

I second this!

At what point will these douchebags realise that this is never about the anthem or the flag. It is about the fucking police brutality. These players do more for the community than any of those white old cuntfaces who apparently take such ridiculous decisions. Play the anthem - if the fans can grab beers and hotdogs and chit chat during the anthem, the players can bloody well kneel in silence. Trump now says he agrees with this new rule. This isnt no fucking rule - they just want the brutality to continue. Id want everyone to come out and kneel and raise a fist if needed!

if it wasn't for these "old white cunt faces" none of these players would have the means to help anyone.

Some cops are asshole's to every race color and creed. I've seen a thousand video's of white folks getting abused by police as well. I've seen videos of white people being killed unjustly by police. I personally witnessed my best friend get tased while handcuffed sitting in the back of a police car, not doing or even saying anything. Then the cop added resisting arrest so he wouldn't get in any trouble for doing it.

I second this!

True, and while I support any person's right to express themselves 100%, there is a time and a place for everything. The 2 minutes during the anthem is neither.

I wonder if everyone would be as supportive if player's just started jerking off on the field to raise safe sex awareness because it's their right to express themselves. Point is, let the anthem be the anthem and show the proper respect for that, and find another way to express your protest. Just as "this is never about the anthem or the flag", the other side of the argument isn't that players shouldn't be allowed to protest. Just not during a time honored ceremony.

Yeah, what the fuck are they thinking? Why are they getting paid at all?

Once again not the point but funny clip.

None of the players would have a platform nor the means to help anyone if it wasnt for the NFL.

Some of these guys go on to fund charities and community building projects with their paycheck every week.

You think Colin the TheKapper would be relevant if he was kneeling while selling car insurance or kneeling before an average joe job?

They can't kneel during the anthem, doesn't mean they cant still support or raise awareness for a cause, just not while on the clock, or in this case during those few moments of the anthem.

Look at the Bucks team, fucking player gets stun gunned for no reason, and the entire team and owners were all still out there standing in support during the anthem.

The NFLs biggest problem would be if teams started to tell players to shut the fuck up off the field, which might very well happen.