SportsWrath

NY Giants MVPs: Mark Sanchez & Chip Kelly

JMFP

Let's not forget, the Panthers have won 15 straight regular season games, not just 10.

I would say that what they are doing this season is more impressive than the Patriots, considering the team bounced back from a shitty start last season.

Agreed. The only team in the NFC that really stacks up against Carolina on both sides of the ball is Arizona. Cardinals Defense is better than Carolina's and Carolina's offense is better than the Cardinals. I'd give Carolina the edge in a game against Arizona though because of the Cam factor.

Records don't win games, as you noted when referring to last night's Bears win. Anything can happen come kickoff.

Carolina's beaten the Jags, Texans, Saints, Bucs, Seahawks, Eagles, Colts, Packers, Titans, Skins and the Cowboys. Aside from the Eagles (before they seem to have gone to sleep) and the Pack, nobody else on that list has a winning record. Without those 2 defensive TD's and 4 FG's, the Panther's actually lose that game to the 'Boys. They are not the powerhouse the Pats are, and they are beatable. I think Atlanta gets 'em, if not, the Gmen, and if they can't do it, Atlanta will get them the 2nd time around. Somebody will put that pompous ass Cam in his place before it's all said and done.

So... You're saying that IF they didn't win the game, they would have lost? Brilliant philosophy there Rik.

Lets remember our history. Teams evolve as the season goes on. Some progress, some decline. Very few stay flat from beginning to end. The team you see at Halloween or Thanksgiving is not necessarily the team that will show up in January.

I think all he's saying is that it's not an automatic loss like it looked like a few weeks ago. We'll be heavy underdogs and we should be, but putting up a good fight against the pats makes us feel a little better about an upset. Plus this is the Giants, nothing's ever out of the question whether it's beat an undefeated team or blow a big lead to the jags

So... You're saying that IF they didn't win the game, they would have lost? Brilliant philosophy there Rik.

C'mon, man. That's not what I was saying at all. I'm saying that offense is not the second coming, and that the Panthers are totally beatable looking at who they have beaten so far.

Don't make me take sides with those Giants fans who flocked over here from your former home. :LMAO:

The way I see it cover olsen and double shadow Stewart (one guy peals off Stewart heads in on Cam other guy picks up Stewart.) And the Panthers are toast. They have no WR talent.

What, you're not scared of the immortal Ted Ginn Jr? :freaked:

Cam is the real deal and he's going to be a force for as long as he says healthy.....but I think the Panthers, with their limited weapons outside of Cam, are still a year away. I see them getting upset by a team like the Giants or Vikings in the playoffs this year.

What, you're not scared of the immortal Ted Ginn Jr? :freaked:

He's listed as Carolinas #1 WR and the #50 WR in the NFL. Rueben Randle(475 yards 3 TDs), Cole Beasley(392 yards 3 TDs) and Marvin Jones(515 yards 3 Tds) are tied for 37th place . Ginn has these receptions per game from week 1 to week 12 2,4,4,2,BYE,2,5,2,1,4,5,0 for a Grand total of 440 yards and 4 TDs.

I think all he's saying is that it's not an automatic loss like it looked like a few weeks ago. We'll be heavy underdogs and we should be, but putting up a good fight against the pats makes us feel a little better about an upset. Plus this is the Giants, nothing's ever out of the question whether it's beat an undefeated team or blow a big lead to the jags

Still feeling bullet proof? :laugh:

Nah I haven't been into the whole "your team sux my team rulez!" thing since I turned 16. Go paint your face green and take that nonsense to your local watering hole. I'm just here to discuss football

So let's discuss the Giants chances of beating the Panthers based on their loss to the Patriots. I found that conversation to be fascinating. Yesterday was a good day for football don't you think?

I think that yesterday showed what most of us have known for the last ten years, that they play up or down to the level of their competition. The team had the pats on the ropes and blew it, the Panther game is in ny, the Giants will be 3-7 point dogs, and they'll probably cover it in a losing effort. I don't agree that they have 0 chance to win the game, but I certainly have never felt that they're "bulletproof. they're a very flawed team and I've never said otherwise.

I think that yesterday showed what most of us have known for the last ten years, that they play up or down to the level of their competition. The team had the pats on the ropes and blew it, the Panther game is in ny, the Giants will be 3-7 point dogs, and they'll probably cover it in a losing effort. I don't agree that they have 0 chance to win the game, but I certainly have never felt that they're "bulletproof. they're a very flawed team and I've never said otherwise.

So bassically... "Mmmmkaaay" in other words? :laugh:

All the Eagle fans were so sure their "Preason Champs" were going to win a Super Bowl, so sad! :LMAO:

You're confused (again) it was a Giants fan that made the superbowl thread here. And a Giants fan who proclaimed "we can beat the Panthers." How's that working out for ya there champ? Or is it chump? :LMAO: