SportsWrath

Should we bring Kenny Phillips in for a visit?

osi724dasack

He's had over a year on the couch resting his knees.

Guys 27 years old.

Was a dynamic force for us and a stud in CF in 2011 for us.

Kick the tires?

Demps and brown obviously are horrible cover safety's over the top

I know Kenny can still run

His knee injuries are degenerative--they're getting worse whether he plays or not...just slower, and they probably won't need replacement as quickly as he would if he were still playing.

If it wasn't all about money/contracts, he probably should have stopped playing years ago.

So for his sake, no.

Meanwhile, I don't recall his play in his last few years being much more than a liability in the secondary. Outside of Rolle, we don't have great safeties right now, but Phillips at this point wouldn't be an improvement at all--and might very well be a downgrade.

So for our sake, no.

His knee injuries are degenerative--they're getting worse whether he plays or not...just slower, and they probably won't need replacement as quickly as he would if he were still playing.

If it wasn't all about money/contracts, he probably should have stopped playing years ago.

So for his sake, no.

Meanwhile, I don't recall his play in his last few years being much more than a liability in the secondary. Outside of Rolle, we don't have great safeties right now, but Phillips at this point wouldn't be an improvement at all--and might very well be a downgrade.

So for our sake, no.

Agree