SportsWrath

Sights and Sounds from Dallas Game

Zelmo

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/Sights_Sounds_Giants_vs_Cowboys/f2a5f91d-d7af-481a-9bfb-98558a055723

At 1:39 witness the RB coach exasperatedly pointing out a missed hole to Williams, telling him the run could've been a TD. (I found this especially interesting since I heard Carl Banks on the radio saying that when he went over the game film he saw a couple of running plays that they had blocked that could've been touchdowns, and Williams just didn't read it right. Apparently he wasn't exaggerating, and apparently they saw the same thing on the sideline right away.)

At 3:12 McClain tells the secondary their doing a good job but the front four just isn't getting pressure.

-Z

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/Sights_Sounds_Giants_vs_Cowboys/f2a5f91d-d7af-481a-9bfb-98558a055723

At 1:39 witness the RB coach exasperatedly pointing out a missed hole to Williams, telling him the run could've been a TD. (I found this especially interesting since I heard Carl Banks on the radio saying that when he went over the game film he saw a couple of running plays that they had blocked that could've been touchdowns, and Williams just didn't read it right. Apparently he wasn't exaggerating, and apparently they saw the same thing on the sideline right away.)

At 3:12 McClain tells the secondary their doing a good job but the front four just isn't getting pressure.

-Z

:cool: :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I swear to you I was telling my brother the something... I told him I don't like williams that much because it seemed he wasn't hitting the holes. My Brother thought I was crazy... I forwarding this to him. :TU:

Yeah it was painfully obvious at times that Williams doesn't possess the vision to be a replacement for a starting running back. Not yet. People like to say we got a steal grabbing a Heisman runner up in the 4th but I think it's more that he is a raw, developing running back who relies on power and little else and he dropped to where he should be drafted..

Yeah it was painfully obvious at times that Williams doesn't possess the vision to be a replacement for a starting running back. Not yet. People like to say we got a steal grabbing a Heisman runner up in the 4th but I think it's more that he is a raw, developing running back who relies on power and little else and he dropped to where he should be drafted..

Agree, the good news is that when the hole is where he expects it to be, he knkws how to hit it hard and gets the yards after contact.

I don't see the basis for the criticism Williams is getting here... yes he missed a few holes but that's because he lacked the patience for them to develop and THAT is learned hands on... he's a rookie...

I don't see the basis for the criticism Williams is getting here... yes he missed a few holes but that's because he lacked the patience for them to develop and THAT is learned hands on... he's a rookie...

Yeah I'm going to agree with Nas.

It's not like people were calling him the next Barry Sanders, he's a rookie who needs to learn the game.

I'm sure the coaching staff would love nothing more than to keep doing what they were with him when Jennings was healthy, unfortunately he's been thrown into the starting spot.

There were a lot of people, including Nas, (sorry buddy, but it's true) that claimed Jennings injury was no big deal, because we had Williams. Even going as far as to say that Williams was the best RB we have. And nobody is claiming there were comparisons to Barry Sanders, just saying that Williams is a clear downgrade from Jennings, because the rook is not a polished runner. Everyone sees the potential is there, no doubt, I think he's going to be a very good RB, but he has to see the running lanes that are there and available cutbacks, rather than plow into his own lineman, which is what we've been seeing. I think it's not a lack of patience, it's his vision and maybe some poor instincts of where to go when the play design goes awry.

It's pretty obvious Nas... But it doesn't mean he's not doing a good job.

I just hope he doesn't have the same problem in his personal life.

There were a lot of people, including Nas, (sorry buddy, but it's true) that claimed Jennings injury was no big deal, because we had Williams. Even going as far as to say that Williams was the best RB we have. And nobody is claiming there were comparisons to Barry Sanders, just saying that Williams is a clear downgrade from Jennings, because the rook is not a polished runner. Everyone sees the potential is there, no doubt, I think he's going to be a very good RB, but he has to see the running lanes that are there and available cutbacks, rather than plow into his own lineman, which is what we've been seeing. I think it's not a lack of patience, it's his vision and maybe some poor instincts of where to go when the play design goes awry.

You know... The RB can't do shit with an OL that can't block.. yes Williams might've missed a few but what RB doesn't? I just think it was too easy for the dinosaurs in the organization to blame the rookie...