SportsWrath

Time to suspend Roy Williams?

Treehugger

The league brought in a rule to specifically outlaw his 'horse-collar' tackles, yet I've seen about a dozen from him since then (most of them on Tiki). He was fined $12,500 two weeks ago, and will hopefully receive much worse this week after they review the tape from the Buffalo game with his duel horse-collar/facemask tackle. The guy's the dirtiest player in the league right now.

The league brought in a rule to specifically outlaw his 'horse-collar' tackles, yet I've seen about a dozen from him since then (most of them on Tiki). He was fined $12,500 two weeks ago, and will hopefully receive much worse this week after they review the tape from the Buffalo game with his duel horse-collar/facemask tackle. The guy's the dirtiest player in the league right now.

I think its more a matter of Williams just being too slow to play safety. He is forced to make these horse collar tackles in open space on RB and WR becaue quite frankly he is below average in coverage and with speed in space. Why do you think we attack the middle of that defense game in and game out when they play us? Guy would be better off gaining 15 pounds and moving to linebacker, as overrated a player as there is in the league. IMO he is the 4th best player in his own secondary. Ken Hamlin is better than him.

I think its more a matter of Williams just being too slow to play safety. He is forced to make these horse collar tackles in open space on RB and WR becaue quite frankly he is below average in coverage and with speed in space. Why do you think we attack the middle of that defense game in and game out when they play us? Guy would be better off gaining 15 pounds and moving to linebacker, as overrated a player as there is in the league. IMO he is the 4th best player in his own secondary. Ken Hamlin is better than him.

Im almost ready to put James Butler in there as better safties than R Williams.

OK, not yet. <_<

That play had three uncalled penalties.

#1. The facemask was not a 5 yard facemask. Williams yanked that guy's head around before he let go and that's a 15 yard penalty.

#2. Horse collar anyone?

#3. Terrence Newman came in with helmet to helmet contact on a defenseless player as he was going down and going out of bounds.

All of those were missed, and there should be consequences for the refs. With all the concussions happening in the NFL and injuries being caused by the horse collar tackle one would think that players would be protected against shit like that.

I'm guessing you didn't see the Redskins vs Detroit game? :unsure: His cover skills are amazing... But hey, keep saying he's overated. Maybe it will come true...

Right...Detroit was in a passing situation with like 9 minutes left in the 1st quarter. R.W. McQuarters

could look good if a team was passing every single down.

But yet you think Roy Williams is better than Sean Taylor. <_<

Damn Nem, I try to make a funny and you point out me contradicting myself. :rolleyes:

But I agree with Golfin, both are overrated. Lets just put it this way, they aint no Dave Thomas!!(How was that?)

Randy Cross and Bob Papa both said they think he should be suspended this morning on NFL radio.

They said that a rule was put in specifically for Williams... the horse collar tackle rule... and that at least twice per game he horse collars someone whether it's called or not. He got fined, the rule was put in for him... next horse collar should get a suspension. Owners pay big money for players to be healthy, and this guy goes out and breaks ankles every year... it's not fair to the owners.

Funny story: Last night at work me and my co-worker (cowboys fan) were watching the game on gamecast on nfl.com. Williams' face mask penalty came up and I joked around and said he was probly trying to horsecollar the guy and got facemask instead.

Little did we know how close to the truth that was. :)

Right...Detroit was in a passing situation with like 9 minutes left in the 1st quarter. R.W. McQuarters

could look good if a team was passing every single down.

I see... because we all know R.W. McQuaters can stop Roy Williams. :rolleyes: Its funny how the Detroit Lions was in passing situating in the first quaters again the Eagles, and yet they finished with 450 yards passing and 2 TD. :)

C'mon admit it...The way Sean lined up 6 times against Roy Williams and only surrender one catch for 8 or 10 yards is pretty good for a safety.

I'll tell you what...I agree with BIGBLUE01. Lets drop this subject and move on, since we won't accept each other points of views. In fact...Heck, you guys win this arguement. Sean Taylor can't cover, can't play zone defense, can't hit and is without a doubt the most overrated player in the NFL. :clap:

Randy Cross and Bob Papa both said they think he should be suspended this morning on NFL radio.

They said that a rule was put in specifically for Williams... the horse collar tackle rule... and that at least twice per game he horse collars someone whether it's called or not. He got fined, the rule was put in for him... next horse collar should get a suspension. Owners pay big money for players to be healthy, and this guy goes out and breaks ankles every year... it's not fair to the owners.

My sentiments exactly. Thanks for the on-topic reply.

I see... because we all know R.W. McQuaters can stop Roy Williams. :rolleyes: Its funny how the Detroit Lions was in passing situating in the first quaters again the Eagles, and yet they finished with 450 yards passing and 2 TD. :)

C'mon admit it...The way Sean lined up 6 times against Roy Williams and only surrender one catch for 8 or 10 yards is pretty good for a safety.

I'll tell you what...I agree with BIGBLUE01. Lets drop this subject and move on, since we won't accept each other points of views. In fact...Heck, you guys win this arguement. Sean Taylor can't cover, can't play zone defense, can't hit and is without a doubt the most overrated player in the NFL. :clap:

I wouldnt say all that, and he's not he MOST overrated. WHen I say overrated, I just mean not as good as he's rated. He's one of the better safties in the league.

Tree, you know I got nothing but love for you bro, but that pic of Spags inside the pink heart is really bothering me. If you dig what Im saying, lol

A little creepy but it's not that serious. Now imaine him actually hugging a tree.

I'll make a bet with some of you Spagatar haters: If the G-Men do not total 10 or more combined sacks, INTS and forced fumbles this week against the Falcons, I'll remove the Spagatar for one week. If they do, you have to sport it for the same amount of time. Who's in?

I'll make a bet with some of you Spagatar haters: If the G-Men do not total 10 or more combined sacks, INTS and forced fumbles this week against the Falcons, I'll remove the Spagatar for one week. If they do, you have to sport it for the same amount of time. Who's in?

Nay...NAY .....a thousand times NAY! Give up Go-Go for Gay-Gay; no way brother. :o:huh::unsure: