SportsWrath

Weston Richburg (Center out of Colorado St.) - I want him!

BleedinBlue

I've been weeding through players for weeks now in preparation for the draft, which is still 17 days away. :furious:

So anyway...I've been following this guy "Weston Richburg" for awhile and the more I see, the more I like. My thoughts have been all along that he would be a great pickup in the third round. But the more I read, the more I discover that he could be gone in the 1st round - a very rare thing for centers, and will definitely be gone in the 2nd if not the 1st.

Regardless, he could be plugged in at center (or offensive guard) on day one of his NFL career and would give us a top notch center for the next 10 years and anchor that offensive line. The quick writeup on him is:

"Prototypical build for an interior lineman with a powerful, square frame to handle bull rushers and good initial quickness and overall athleticism to block on the move. Good upper body strength to move the defensive tackle and has the balance and quickness to turn and seal his opponent from the action.

Often asked to pull on sweeps, screens and shows impressive quickness and change of direction for a man of his size. Intelligent. Makes all of the line calls and keeps his head on a swivel to help teammates when uncovered.

Durable. Started all 49 games of his career.

I've been thinking all along that it would be nice to snag him in the 3rd, but he's not going to be there in the 3rd. So I've adjusted my thinking and if there is anyway he's available still in the 2nd, we really need to grab this guy. Just my 2 centavos!

Stork is the center I like and can be had in the fifth. Richburg I don't see in round two after giving guaranteed money to Walton. Stork is a great fit in our offense, has FSU also runs a ZBS.

I'll have to study up on him.

I definitely want us to come away from this draft with the center of our future.

If they're going for a C, they're going for a G/C combination. Granted, I'd imagine most of the interior guys can play any of the RG, C, LG positions...but if a guy is purely a C with no G experience...I don't know that he'd be on the Giants' radar.

I want an OT and a G/C from the first 3 rounds. I've seen Yankey falling (at least on CBSSports rankings). But I don't see him falling into the 3rd round.

I've seen Moncrief, WR out of a Ole Miss, rising up draft boards...low 3rd, early 4th a few weeks ago...pushing top of 2nd now. I've liked him for a while now to the point where I'm seriously thinking about him in round 2, which according to many mocks/rankings, would be fairly early.

So far, I'm looking at:

1. Lewan or Martin

2. Moncrief

3. Gabe Jackson or Jack Mewhort

4. CJ Fiedorowicz

After that, I'm hoping for a CB with the first 5th rounder (Ross Cockrell maybe?) an OLB with the second 5th rounder (Kevin Pierre-Louis who is a Safety/LB tweener) and in the 6th, DT/DE Ed Stinson perhaps to round it out.

I haven't finalized any prediction or anything, but I've just started looking at team needs and who might be there for us when we pick.

Stork is the center I like and can be had in the fifth. Richburg I don't see in round two after giving guaranteed money to Walton. Stork is a great fit in our offense, has FSU also runs a ZBS.

Same here.