SportsWrath

McDaniels Says No to Colts

Sephiroth

You didn't read that article on how annoyed Belichick was that they traded Garoppolo. I absolutely believe if Belichick had complete control he would have traded Brady and kept Garoppolo this year.

I did read that article. Brady is still there. Bill would never have been allowed to trade brady.

McDaniels

Think this means that Belichick is out? He might be planning on the inevitable Shurmur three-year implosion and have his eye on the Giants. Maybe the rumors from a few weeks ago had some legs.

I don't think he's in the market to build another team from the ground up at this stage in his career but one can always have his dreams.

I think it means there's something lined up for McDaniels in New England post-Belicheck, which I can't fully understand how they can do that and satisfy the Rooney Rule at the same time. I think it has nothing at all to do with the Giants.

It makes McDaniels come across as a complete dick in the matter, that's for sure. And it effectively burned 31 bridges, so I'd certainly hope that he has some level of guarantee in New England in the next year or two.

I think it means there's something lined up for McDaniels in New England post-Belicheck, which I can't fully understand how they can do that and satisfy the Rooney Rule at the same time. I think it has nothing at all to do with the Giants.

It makes McDaniels come across as a complete dick in the matter, that's for sure. And it effectively burned 31 bridges, so I'd certainly hope that he has some level of guarantee in New England in the next year or two.

NFL teams have so far proven they can get around the Rooney rule as necessary with marginal repercussions from the league.

well, last article I read on this said that McDaniels had put together his own staff. So now I don't know what to think.

Did the Giants sign any assistant coaches while Shurmur was still with the Vikings?

Giants signed a couple of positional coaches while Shurmur was still with the Vikings. Those coaches that were to be on McDaniels staff got screwed over worse than the Colts.