Been reading that the Giants might be interested in another kid in the Supplemental draft coming up on the 10th.
Safety Jalen Thompson.
From what I read would of been regraded as one of the best safety prospects in 2020 but failed his year of eligibility in college.
Unlike Beal, Thompson has started every single game in his college career and was a ball-hawk type of safety, something the Giants sorely lack.
He also has experience playing as a nickle/slot corner and inside the box.
Honestly if he can be grabbed for a third I would sit him behind Bethea for a year.
Weight: 195 pounds
40 Time: 4.57 seconds
- Very quick mental processor.
- Good short-area quickness.
- Flashes solid tackling skills.
- Has the ability to cover short areas near the line of scrimmage.
- Solid ball skills and has solid production over three years (190 tackles, 11.0 for a loss, 6 interceptions, 17 passes defensed)
- Durable player and a reliable starter.
- Foot quickness is a question.
- Doesn’t appear to have great speed.
- Might struggle with man coverage against NFL receivers.
- Rarely asked to blitz (no sacks in three years)