SportsWrath

Former Giants Hixon tears ALC for third time.

BlueInCanada

Chicago Bears' Domenik Hixon suffers third torn ACL
  • _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg
  • print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: May 27, 2014 at 08:33 p.m.
  • Updated: May 27, 2014 at 11:54 p.m.

Domenik Hixon's debut season with the Chicago Bears is over before it began.

The veteran wide receiver announced Tuesday on Facebook that he has torn his ACL for the third time. Hixon, who previously tore his right ACL in 2010 and 2011, appeared to indicate the latest injury will bring an end to his NFL career after six seasons.

0ap2000000343119.jpg

"I tore my ACL today for the third time today!" Hixon wrote. "I'm disappointed that I won't be playing for a Bears team that has the players and coaches to win the Super Bowl. I thank God for letting me live my dream of playing in the NFL for 8 years plus. It has truly been fun!"

Hixon, 29, signed a one-year, $740,000 contract with the Bearsin March after one season with the Carolina Panthers. He was expected to compete as a special teams contributor this summer. Hixon didn't provide any details as to how he injured the knee.

Hixon spent most of his career with the New York Giants. He won two Super Bowl rings under Tom Coughlin, though he ended the team's 2012 title run on injured reserve after his second ACL tear. His third will likely take him out of football for good.

The man Jackyboy once claimed "Was the next Jerry Rice" looks like he's done.

Glad he played how he did for the Giant's shame that he fights back from two ALC tears just to be ended by another one.

T2 came back from 3 of them didn't he? Never was the same, but for a 4th CB, I think we could've done a lot worse. Given Hixon plays a position that teams have 5 or 6 of...he might be able to make it back...but I highly doubt it.