SportsWrath

Eli Apple Traded to Saints

Nas

Apple played well the first couple games before his injury. After that, hes clearly been playing banged up. He came back in after limping off the field last night and seemed hobbled the rest of the game. I gained some respect for him this year but he still wasnt doing enough. A 4th is a crapshoot though.

Apple played well the first couple games before his injury. After that, hes clearly been playing banged up. He came back in after limping off the field last night and seemed hobbled the rest of the game. I gained some respect for him this year but he still wasnt doing enough. A 4th is a crapshoot though.

especially from the saints- itll be an early 5th.

4th and a 7th sounds about right for a mediocre player with just a couple more years under contract.

Still so young though, and he's been arguably the best (least bad) corner on the team this year. As if this season wasn't already ugly enough.

May as well trade Jenkins too, for whatever we can get. He is a gamer, but his effort and concentration clearly lapse when not playing in a competitive situation.

Definitely not worth what we got him at, just another reach/project from Reese. He should have been released after last season with the shit he pulled.

Yeah Apple was a huge reach, I remember at the time being pretty pissed because all draft pundits had the guy going in the 25-30 pick range of the first round.

Here JR was taking him with pick 10.

I don't know what it was but JR sure did love to take "Potentially high ceiling but very inconsistent" type of players. Apple, Flowers, Phillips, JPP, Randle.

I remember all these guys draft profiles sounded the same "could be a great player, but has to learn the game first" type of thing.

Fuck just draft guys ready for the NFL, not potentially ready in 5 years.

How do the Raiders get a 1st rounder for Amari Cooper and we cant get shit above a 4th Rounder?

Because Cooper was once considered a top 5 WR in the NFL.

Apple was once considered a fucking head case locker room cancer, who occasionally plays a good game at corner.

I think all of us were stunned when the pick was made but excused Reese because were just fans and they do this for a living.

This was after Reese let it be known for his love affair for Leonard Floyd and Jack Conklin, both of whom went 8th and 9th.

God, that guy sucked after 2009

This was after Reese let it be known for his love affair for Leonard Floyd and Jack Conklin, both of whom went 8th and 9th.

God, that guy sucked after 2009

Yeah Conklin was the one that got away.