SportsWrath

Haskins? Murray?

Iceman_NYG

Do you think the Giants will be looking at either Haskins or Murray this year? From what I hear, Giants dont have a buy-in on both those QBs and might actually wait till the following year for QB. What do you guys think? Personally, Id fix the other areas in the team and roll with Eli - he still can string together a competitive season I feel

I think Eli stays for 2019...no extension, just rides it out. I think the Giants look long and hard at Murray and Haskins, likely taking one in the first round.

I would be awfully anxious over Murrays size...especially with the focus on his 'athleticism'. I have not seen him play, but any level of running at his size shouldn't ever be a consideration.

I like Haskins sitting for a year and getting sprinkled in here or there like the Saints are with their backup guy. That said, I don't like trading up for either.

So if Haskins is there, take him. If it's just Murray, look at other positions of need. If Murray falls to bottom of first round...I would seriously look to trade back in from our 2nd to grab him.

Just all depends on what Getty and Co figure.

If they think any one of the QBS in the draft is the next franchise guy you go and get him and pay whatever price it takes.

Haskins sounds like he's the top guy in the draft while Murry might be the second round project type of guy.

People knock Murry for his size but there's RBs in the NFL who are smaller than him.

I think the bigger worry would be Murry fucking off to the MLB.

Let's say he comes onto the team and then stinks up the joint and the team ta ks because of it maybe after a few years he just says "fuck this".

I would imagine a former top 10 MLB pick would t have a single problem finding a new team after a few years.

Just all depends on what Getty and Co figure.

If they think any one of the QBS in the draft is the next franchise guy you go and get him and pay whatever price it takes.

Haskins sounds like he's the top guy in the draft while Murry might be the second round project type of guy.

People knock Murry for his size but there's RBs in the NFL who are smaller than him.

I think the bigger worry would be Murry fucking off to the MLB.

Let's say he comes onto the team and then stinks up the joint and the team ta ks because of it maybe after a few years he just says "fuck this".

I would imagine a former top 10 MLB pick would t have a single problem finding a new team after a few years.

That's not how baseball works. He'd go to the minors for a couple of years. He's never even played much baseball. He's all potential. Many top 10 picks never make the show. This is a big decision for this kid.

That's not how baseball works. He'd go to the minors for a couple of years. He's never even played much baseball. He's all potential. Many top 10 picks never make the show. This is a big decision for this kid.

I still assume if Timmy Tebow can get a gig for a few years.

This kid would have no problem as well.

Tebow never made the show as far as I know. Could have been a September callup. What Tebow is doing, you get paid about 26 grand and ride busses most of the time.

Yeah if he chooses football, he's probably never playing baseball again. Easier to go the other way, try baseball and if he fails try out for an nfl team. Kelley Washington (from my home town) did that. Of course he went left baseball to go to college and switched from his high school position of qb to wr at Tennessee.

Baseball requires years of minor league fine tuning just for the opportunity to get to the majorleagues.

If I'm Murray, i choose football. Get the big money up front. Of course the A's are going to offer him more money now to choose baseball, but his odds are better for stardom in football.

Neither.. why? Because I know shit about them.... all I know is hardly is saying there's a QB in this draft worthy of top 10. I think the Giants fix the DE and OL positions and get a free agent QB as there are a couple of pretty good candidates...

Yeah if he chooses football, he's probably never playing baseball again. Easier to go the other way, try baseball and if he fails try out for an nfl team. Kelley Washington (from my home town) did that. Of course he went left baseball to go to college and switched from his high school position of qb to wr at Tennessee.

Baseball requires years of minor league fine tuning just for the opportunity to get to the majorleagues.

If I'm Murray, i choose football. Get the big money up front. Of course the A's are going to offer him more money now to choose baseball, but his odds are better for stardom in football.

He’s got a baseball body. He’s not a Baker Mayfield 5’9, he’s a Andrew McCutchen 5’ 9 .

Foles, Bridgewater, Carr

Carr isnt a FA.

I still don't see why people are all over Bridgewater other than "he's young", his stats are absolute garbage with the Vikings, but I guess he's the lesser of the three evils you listed, I don't expect him to go anywhere though, Payton wants to keep the guy around.

Foles is interesting but expect to pay him upwards of 15+ million a year, you really want Eli and Foles eating up 40+ million dollars of the cap next year? Plus he might get tagged and then you need to trade for the guy, which probably means shipping a first round pick to the Eagles plus still paying him 15+ million.

I guess Bridgewater may be the best option in FA.

Man Kelley Washington, forgot all about that guy. He had all the ability in the world. I was sure hed turn into a top wr

Kind of a hard story. Had that amazing breakout year at Tennessee and was going to enter the draft, coaches were begging him to come back saying it would improve his draft stock and all that - dude asks his mom if she wanted to be taken care of this year, his mom said she could wait a year. He goes back and hurts his neck. His mom still lives in the little house he grew up in one street over from a friend of mine.

He was an all-world type QB in high school, he played for one of my schools biggest rivals - coached by a legendary local coach that used to coach my school. My only claim to fame is I laid him out once. I was a DT and me and the middle linebacker hit him at the same time as he released the ball, crushed his ass, but he completed the pass. Fucking beautiful hit, just as he was releasing, fully exposed, I hit him low in the ribs and the MLB (himself a fairly legendary RB locally) hit him straight on. I jumped up all excited that I just nailed the great one, going to high five teammates when I see everyone running down the field chasing the receiver.

Ah, the glory days. His brother John was a good ballplayer too.

Carr isnt a FA.

I still don't see why people are all over Bridgewater other than "he's young", his stats are absolute garbage with the Vikings, but I guess he's the lesser of the three evils you listed, I don't expect him to go anywhere though, Payton wants to keep the guy around.

Foles is interesting but expect to pay him upwards of 15+ million a year, you really want Eli and Foles eating up 40+ million dollars of the cap next year? Plus he might get tagged and then you need to trade for the guy, which probably means shipping a first round pick to the Eagles plus still paying him 15+ million.

I guess Bridgewater may be the best option in FA.

I know Carr isnt a free agent.... a trade there is possible....

You think Philly can afford to tag Flores... fine..

Bridgewater May flourish under Shurmer and if he doesnt I think he does well enough till we get our next franchise quarterback.

Tebow was different though......Tebow was...is a "Brand".....he had a built in following among evangelicals this kid can't even imagine.

If this kid flushes out.....and a year later gets engaged to a beauty queen...nobody will care....with Tebow...its still front page stuff.

As to the question ...both guys...hard pass.

Being rushed into a QB pick is bad....draft best available talent...or trade down and stock pile picks.

C. Wagon

Tebow was different though......Tebow was...is a "Brand".....he had a built in following among evangelicals this kid can't even imagine.

If this kid flushes out.....and a year later gets engaged to a beauty queen...nobody will care....with Tebow...its still front page stuff.

As to the question ...both guys...hard pass.

Being rushed into a QB pick is bad....draft best available talent...or trade down and stock pile picks.

C. Wagon

Yeah God did something absolutely so amazing, a lot of people noticed. BTW, I think he is still in Mets training camp learning how to baseball. Where's RGIII?

I know Carr isnt a free agent.... a trade there is possible....

You think Philly can afford to tag Flores... fine..

Bridgewater May flourish under Shurmer and if he doesnt I think he does well enough till we get our next franchise quarterback.

I don't think the Giants have draft capitol to trade this year.

We don't have a third round pick, and the Raiders would want atleast a second for Carr.

Not to mention it's another year with not the best cap situation unless we dump players.

Philly can tage Foles then trade him, the other team would have to worry about the cap space not the Eagles, which is a pretty smart move IMO.

I'd be on board with Bridgewater, I just don't think he does more than Eli at this point, and I don't think he wants to spend another year behind a QB.