SportsWrath

2018 MLB all star game thread

I watched the first couple innings of the game. Baseball is the one all-star game that I actually find watchable. It looked very much like this season though, homeruns and strikeouts. Could you imagine what a Tony Gwynn type player could do today in baseball?

I watched the first couple innings of the game. Baseball is the one all-star game that I actually find watchable. It looked very much like this season though, homeruns and strikeouts. Could you imagine what a Tony Gwynn type player could do today in baseball?

He's one of those few players who could bust the shifts because he could spray the field. But iI'd bet even he'd be devalued because home runs rule.

He's one of those few players who could bust the shifts because he could spray the field. But iI'd bet even he'd be devalued because home runs rule.

Devalued maybe... until he hit .400

Another takeaway from the game last night... with Bryce Harper miked up playing center field... I do not hate the guy, i was shocked.

That was an exciting all star game...homers galore. I've never seen an all star game like that before. Usually it's a 3-2 game, pitching dominates...not this time.

But as usual the al wins.

The world series is going to be a slaughter....the al team will demolish the nl team in a 4 game sweep.

The playoff al teams are so much better than the nl playoff teams...at least until trades are mmade...but even then, the three beasts in the al are just so much better than any team in the nl

It isn't, I agree...bht the al has three teams with over 60 win...almost 4...and the nl has none. Also check interleaved play...the al dominates.

But my point is that the American league playoff contenders are far better than the nl playoff contenders. And it's not up for debate, it's just a fact.