SportsWrath

Hankins to the Colts

Gman329

Wish him the best but that's more than I would have been comfortable paying him. Never thought he'd get that much. My guess is that he wanted to stay and he and his agent spent the last 24 hours hoping the Giants would match. Otherwise, he would have signed as soon as the Colts made the offer.

And if he hadn't taken the offer worth millions more, for one year less, which will give him a shot at one more big contract before his career is over, you'd be saying, "such stupidity".

Well good for him, he got his 10 mil per year. We'll miss you Hank.

Now I guess this position turns into a higher draft priority. There are three SEC DTs that are potentials for the 2nd and 3rd rounds (Adams, Tomlinson, Gadheaux), plus I've seen some good things on Nazair Jones from NC.

we will see how good he is when he hasn't got Snacks , JPP and Vernon alongside him !

Giants did the right thing ........The Draft looks rich in DT's

Rich? There's maybe one or two 1st round worthy DTs, and maybe two 2nd round worthy DTs. Plus guys like Brantley and McDowell (projected 1st rounders) come with their share of risks as well.

How about this guy in round 2?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/dalvin-tomlinson?id=2557846

2557846.jpg

oh well ..... Hankins was solid , but not great.

The Colts overpaid ! ( after all we couldn't afford to sign both JPP and Hank could we ? ....and Reese chose the right one )

We will get a Compensatory pick ( 4th ? )

We will probably draft his replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Maybe we even go after a vet like Jared Odrick.

i think the Giants did the right thing

It is a pretty good deal for him, especially since it is a three year contract. Won't miss Hankins out there, we can do better and I'd like to see what Bromley can do. Drafting a DT this year? Hmm I'd pass unless someone drops into the third/fourth round.

Well good for him, he got his 10 mil per year. We'll miss you Hank.

Now I guess this position turns into a higher draft priority. There are three SEC DTs that are potentials for the 2nd and 3rd rounds (Adams, Tomlinson, Gadheaux), plus I've seen some good things on Nazair Jones from NC.

"Naz"... bring him on.

It is a pretty good deal for him, especially since it is a three year contract. Won't miss Hankins out there, we can do better and I'd like to see what Bromley can do. Drafting a DT this year? Hmm I'd pass unless someone drops into the third/fourth round.

We saw what Bromley could do....in 2015 when Hankins went down. We had a horrible defense, particularly against the run.

Why not? He stunk when he was given a prime opportunity.

He's a backup at best. I hope we draft Tomlinson.

It was the worst NY Giants Defense in recent memory and my memory goes back over 30 years. There isn't one player still in the NFL from that defense that would look back at that year and call it their best. When you thought it couldn't get worse, it did. A fucking disaster from top to bottom.

So I think it is really not a good example.