SportsWrath

Here's the deal the Giants are offering Hankins

Mr. P

Hankins plays a position where his best work is not quantifiable through stats, like tying up two blockers, allowing someone else a clear path to the ball. And he knows the Spags system. Giants know what they have here and know what he's worth. I hope he's back.

Hankins plays a position where his best work is not quantifiable through stats, like tying up two blockers, allowing someone else a clear path to the ball. And he knows the Spags system. Giants know what they have here and know what he's worth. I hope he's back.

Fine. I can live with that.

i feel like this is sort of "yes" and "no." Hankins has always been a space-eater, and I thought he was really good at it in years past... but this year he (I believe) asked to play 3-technique, where you're supposed to be the athletic guy rushing the passer and creating havok. Hankins didn't really do that, but I wonder if it wasn't a case of him playing out of position. I think he's a pretty good one-technique.

Good point Seph, I think, I'm just not clear on his assignments in Spags version of the 4-3. It's not quite like he's playing the Warren Sapp version of the position, I think.

My football observations were far more useful and confident before I made it a habit of drinking heavily on game days, lol.

Good point Seph, I think, I'm just not clear on his assignments in Spags version of the 4-3. It's not quite like he's playing the Warren Sapp version of the position, I think.

My football observations were far more useful and confident before I made it a habit of drinking heavily on game days, lol.

NSA? Who are you?