SportsWrath

Giants agree to 2 yr deal with Brandon Marshall

Dragon

He also understands he's here to play second fiddle to Beckham.

Shepard too as I see it.

Let's not forget that Shep had a pretty solid rookie year and he's only going to get better.

I wanted the guy in the draft and he's gonna be starting on the outside sooner rather than later.

Yes, that was certainly a factor. His Showtime weekly show films in NYC on Tuesdays. Only potential snag there, that's a work day for the Giants, unlike most (all?) the other teams in the league, who work Monday, off Tuesday. Giants are off Monday, work Tuesday. Interesting to see how that works out.

There will be the Brandon Marshall Rules; Marshall will let the coach run the team on Tuesdays.

This is HUGE in my opinion. Marshall is the poster boy for getting your shit together and he could be invaluable as a mentor for OBJ.

And big props to Fringe! You called it buddy (like 6 years ago but whatever)!

Yes, and if he becomes Herman Moore this year, let me just say Reese you imgrate ! you should have listened to me sooner!

Can't make a move there until tomorrow at 4 at the earliest, but according to McAdoo... the OL is fine and Eli just needs to play better. >_>

Wasnt it one of Eli's worst seasons in the past 5 or 6 years?

Let's be honest the Oline wasnt great, but Eli played like a rookie this year, the only time you can say he showed up was for the playoffs....when the rest of the team took a day off lol

That's what made that loss so brutal. You could see right away that he flipped the playoff Eli switch. Between that and the defense starting so strong I still can't believe we lost

I didnt think the chances were great going into the GB game, but I thought playoff Eli would carry the team.

Between the lack of a run game, the mental errors, and the defensive collapse in the second quarter, it was to much to overcome.

The team has flaws and isnt as strong as either SB winning teams (IMO) but they can still get there, just have to plug a few of these holes.

Marshall helps.

Just wish the Gints had an extra 16 million to throw around :whistling:

Great signing

Marshall is just what we need assuming he's still got a quarter tank of gas left in him.

All we need now is a TE, some OL help and another DT and we are set.

The OL in very interesting what they will do with Flowers and the Fa market. That's the only way to address our OL is FA, the draft is for TE and defense this year imo.

Personally I'm excited to see if that TE from Pitts we picked up last year can get the job done as far as blocking. He went down in the pre season, but from what I hear he's back 100%. That guy is a absolute beast. I think he's like 6' 6 260lbs. It would be great if the TE situation is already solved in house.

lets hope that 32 year old Brandon Marshall can get more early separation than 30 year old Victor Cruz ......... if so we will have a great receiving trio

I don't think he needs separation as much as Cruz anyway... Cruz couldn't get separation anymore.. he was done. Brandon has the height and the way he attacks the ball, a jump ball would do just fine.

I like the signing, but are giant fans not aware that we realistically only have three starters on this OL (Bobby Hart is a backup at best, Jerry and Newhouse are free agents and stunk anyway), and Flowers, unless he somehow makes a quantum leap, isn't capable of playing LT

I like the signing, but are giant fans not aware that we realistically only have three starters on this OL (Bobby Hart is a backup at best, Jerry and Newhouse are free agents and stunk anyway), and Flowers, unless he somehow makes a quantum leap, isn't capable of playing LT

Yea and we still made the playoffs with these fuckers so maybe the glass isn't half empty after all.

Yea and we still made the playoffs with these fuckers so maybe the glass isn't half empty after all.

They made it on the backs of the defense, which was gased by the time the playoffs started thanks to the offense, and thus, we couldn't progress past the wild card round.

There's now way around it: We desperately need a FUNCTIONAL OL. Right now, we have two OL positions where we have NO starters, and another where we have a guy (Flowers) who's proven he can't handle LT.

They made it on the backs of the defense, which was gased by the time the playoffs started thanks to the offense, and thus, we couldn't progress past the wild card round.

There's now way around it: We desperately need a FUNCTIONAL OL. Right now, we have two OL positions where we have NO starters, and another where we have a guy (Flowers) who's proven he can't handle LT.

The defense wasn't gassed at all... we lost DRC in that game against GB and that was what did us in... other than that the D was playing great and they will even be better next year...

I just don't get how you want the Giants to sign a top LT in March.. do you have anyone in mind they should target? It's really easy to just criticize but at the end of the day you can only buy what's for sale... and right now the Giants don't have many choices... no one can say they haven't tried to address the OL via the draft... I think 3 of our starters are 1st rounders (maybe 2 and one is a 2nd rounder.. not sure)... and the OL who were FA last year were overpriced... and we already signed an overpriced OL who underwhelmed...

You can disagree with JR's moves but not all of them can be this bad... I mean Jesus we won 11 games... and we had a great defense... and the offense's problems aren't strictly OL... shit we had a highly paid WR who lost a step and couldn't get separation... our OL isn't the worst in the league either.. it's just a glaring need that the Giants have tried to address.... they haven't struck gold yet...

The defense wasn't gassed at all... we lost DRC in that game against GB and that was what did us in... other than that the D was playing great and they will even be better next year...

I just don't get how you want the Giants to sign a top LT in March.. do you have anyone in mind they should target? It's really easy to just criticize but at the end of the day you can only buy what's for sale... and right now the Giants don't have many choices... no one can say they haven't tried to address the OL via the draft... I think 3 of our starters are 1st rounders (maybe 2 and one is a 2nd rounder.. not sure)... and the OL who were FA last year were overpriced... and we already signed an overpriced OL who underwhelmed...

You can disagree with JR's moves but not all of them can be this bad... I mean Jesus we won 11 games... and we had a great defense... and the offense's problems aren't strictly OL... shit we had a highly paid WR who lost a step and couldn't get separation... our OL isn't the worst in the league either.. it's just a glaring need that the Giants have tried to address.... they haven't struck gold yet...

This attempt at reason will fail, should have lead off with a conspiracy and ended in a rant with a scapegoat.

Are you confident and happy going into the season with Flowers at LT?

Ok think bigger here for a moment. John Jerry and Marshall Newhouse are free agents and I want neither to start in 2017 on our roster. I'm very happy we have half an offensive line at this moment. I do not think Bobby Hart is the answer at RT and should move to RG for 2017. In a better situation I'd like to see a blue chip veteran tackle brought in that can compete with Flowers and have the best man hold the LT position. It is disappointing that we didn't do that last year when it was possible.

The reality is we have to try and get better with OL players in free agency that have injury issues, age considerations, or comparable to Jerry & Newhouse in ability. Giants might draft a first round offensive tackle in the draft who will be at best as good as Flowers two years ago. Jerry Reese I think has his eyes on other positions to strengthen this year through the draft.

Draft or sign a blocking TE for the left side, have him help out Flowers. But then again, that's using a bandaid for a gaping hole. Take it from me, I know a lot about gaping.

Draft or sign a blocking TE for the left side, have him help out Flowers. But then again, that's using a bandaid for a gaping hole. Take it from me, I know a lot about gaping.

We really should make OJ Howard a priority in the first rd, If we cant get him then an OL I would feel real good about going into the season with Howard, Ellison and Tye. in our TE dept. Howard is phenom. not only can he stretch the seam and is a huge red zone target with good hands but he block also.