SportsWrath

John Jerry back with Giants.

Sephiroth

https://www.google.com/amp/www.bigblueview.com/platform/amp/2017/3/13/14913094/nfl-free-agency-news-rumors-signings-john-jerry-new-york-giants

Not terrible I guess. He's really a backup but considering how broke we are this offseason, I suppose this is as good as we'll get. At least Fluker looks to play RT where he graded out slightly higher than Guard.

I sure hope we can either get Clady from the Jets on a cap friendly deal or Flowers makes a huge leap in year 3.

I'm thinking they did this because they need a guy for when Pugh signs elsewhere after this season and obv Fluker will be one and done with the Giants as well. At least they'll have one OG under contract.

Man, I hope that's not true. I think Pugh is slightly overrated but I love his versatility and how he just keeps his mouth shut and plays wherever. I'd hate to see him go somewhere else.

Man, I hope that's not true. I think Pugh is slightly overrated but I love his versatility and how he just keeps his mouth shut and plays wherever. I'd hate to see him go somewhere else.

Absotively agree! He's a Seubert/Diehl reincarnation and I hope he's a career long Giant.

I'm thinking they did this because they need a guy for when Pugh signs elsewhere after this season and obv Fluker will be one and done with the Giants as well. At least they'll have one OG under contract.

Pugh isn't going anywhere...

Not more than ten by my count.

Pugh

Beckham

Collins

Richburg

Apple

Sheppard

Flowers

Bromley

I see 8, but it's the likes of Beckham I'm talking about because I think we'll be paying him money we've never come close to before.

We should be able to sign most of them. Our current total cap allocations for 2018 for instance are only 115 million.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/

This year's salary cap is 168 million. So let's say next years rises to 175 million, that means we have 60 million in cap space, excluding any cuts.

So who hits the cap in 2018. Gotta figure that their cap figures might be:

- Beckham - 16 million

- Pugh - 8 million

- Richburg - 6 million (he's not that good)

- Bromley - I'd just as soon not re-sign him. He's also not that good.

So we're maybe looking at a 2018 cap hit of ~30mm to bring these guys back, meaning we'd have 30mm left. That's without JPP though.

Pugh

Beckham

Collins

Richburg

Apple

Sheppard

Flowers

Bromley

I see 8, but it's the likes of Beckham I'm talking about because I think we'll be paying him money we've never come close to before.

Yeah Odell Beckham Jr's next contract is going to be interesting. Could probably use the contract Victor Cruz signed as a template. Everyone else on that list will not be an issue.