SportsWrath

Geno Smith visiting the Giants

boohyah

Something about Ben McAdoo and his backup QB fetish. I call it a fetish (non sexual) at this point because he has spent a lot of time bringing them in when there are more immediate problems that needed to be addressed. I think he spent more time looking at backup QB's than offensive linemen last year.

His offense was barely adequate in 2016 because of critical failures on the offensive line, at the TE and RB positions.

Something about Ben McAdoo and his backup QB fetish. I call it a fetish (non sexual) at this point because he has spent a lot of time bringing them in when there are more immediate problems that needed to be addressed. I think he spent more time looking at backup QB's than offensive linemen last year.

His offense was barely adequate in 2016 because of critical failures on the offensive line, at the TE and RB positions.

I don't remember did he bring in a lot of qbs for workouts last offseason?

Oh and Josh Woodrum, I had to look him up because I knew I was missing someone. Giants picked him up after the 2016 draft then cut him a few weeks later and he was pissed off and made a stink of it for a day.

I think it's the only part of the offense he really knows.

I am really not sure who would be a worse fit then Geno for the Giants as a backup. He is not exactly known for his decision making abilities or pocket presence.

Plus I would LOVE to see him end up on the Jets again this year... keep that train wreck going

Again Rappaport reporting.

Christ this is exciting stuff. Imagine Geno is our backup, Eli comes out hurt. McAdoo turns to Geno and then turns to Eli and says "fuck no, back out you go Eli".

lol that's fucked up... I don't think Geno is that bad... anyone who plays for the Jets is almost guaranteed to look bad.

Geno Smith expected to sign with the Giants on Monday depending on physical .

Lol omg I was about to hit post and I noticed spell check changed Geno to Genocide. I hope that's not a glimpse into the future.

Atleast he has starting experience in the NFL.

And truth be told unless you are the Patriots who can replace players like lightbulbs, when your backup QB comes into the game you are either a) fucked for the rest of the season or b) in garbage time of a game.

He'll have an opportunity to be in a stable functional organization and what he does with it is up to him. We offered the same to David Carr but the damage was already done. Hope the same will not be said of Geno Smith and he can turn the page on his NFL career.

I remember years ago, when Geno was a rookie maybe his 2nd year, I thought he was pretty good and needed to develop... It looked to me like he had the tools and needed better cast around him... I'm happy the Giants signed him... it's not like we're asking him to start anyway...

I remember years ago, when Geno was a rookie maybe his 2nd year, I thought he was pretty good and needed to develop... It looked to me like he had the tools and needed better cast around him... I'm happy the Giants signed him... it's not like we're asking him to start anyway...

That's the problem with the NFL today, with NFL Europe gone and the AFL being shit canned, there' really isnt any sort of place a backup/potential starter can develop anymore.

Teams don't have the luxury of being able to have someone sit for a few years, or go through growing pains with how fans are in today's NFL. You can't have a swing of 5-11 seasons without turning the roster/FO over since you'll be losing money in ticket sales.

I mean think of all these QBs who go in the second round or after who only need some patience and gametime to learn and mature, yet the moment they show any signs of struggle after a couple years the fans/team basically throw the guy under the bus and move onto the next band aid fix.

That's the problem with the NFL today, with NFL Europe gone and the AFL being shit canned, there' really isnt any sort of place a backup/potential starter can develop anymore.

Teams don't have the luxury of being able to have someone sit for a few years, or go through growing pains with how fans are in today's NFL. You can't have a swing of 5-11 seasons without turning the roster/FO over since you'll be losing money in ticket sales.

I mean think of all these QBs who go in the second round or after who only need some patience and gametime to learn and mature, yet the moment they show any signs of struggle after a couple years the fans/team basically throw the guy under the bus and move onto the next band aid fix.

Yeah that is what bad teams do

Well it's nice to put a positive spin on it, but the Jets do not have a quarterback worth a fuck in house and made fuck all attempt to keep him. So I'm not sure why we signed him but to hell with it. Welcome to across the hall Geno,sorry bout making fun of you earlier. :TU:

he's got to be better than Johnson or Nassib i suppose ........at least he has some NFL experience ....if Eli goes down for a series or 2

I think Geno Smith has higher potential than Johnson.