SportsWrath

Adrian Peterson to the Giants?

Lughead

Also if you recall the kid was like two years old receiving these beatings. I don't care how you were raised, anyone with any sense of morals or common decency as a freaking human being knows you don't whip 2 year olds regardless of the behavior of the child.

This.

I don't think you go into free agency with the mindset of "we won't try to upgrade one position until we have upgraded other positions". You can target guys you like simultaneously.

My NFL franchise would kick the shit out of your NFL franchise!

Also if you recall the kid was like two years old receiving these beatings. I don't care how you were raised, anyone with any sense of morals or common decency as a freaking human being knows you don't whip 2 year olds regardless of the behavior of the child.

The kid was four years old when the event happened two years ago.

Considering the year prior, a fullback was leading the team in rushing, Gary Brown was kind of a savior, haha. Got love for Charles Show Me the Way, though.

Hard to believe that 97 team went 10-5.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep seeing things talking about this... and so long as he comes at the right price i think it would be fantastic. It is not like MacAttack is going to change the offense to where they are running the ball 30 times a game so if he gets 10-15 carries a game and a couple passes out of the back field he could end up being a real difference maker this season.

Honestly, the best thing to do with running backs is draft them with the idea that you will run the shit out of them for 4 years, let the contract expire then draft another. They have a smaller shelf life than ever. Maybe somewhere along the line you strike gold with a barry sanders or the likes, but otherwise lower your expectations. And no way to peterson, hes on his way downhill and too much baggage. Time to stay away from those guys

I like Murray but idk. I mean OAK OL was basically top 3 last year and he didn't impress that much.. not sure he has enough speed and burst either... I do like him tho but short term AP is probly a better fit for us

I guess if we're going for the big prize, yes. Lord knows Eli is in his last days and then it's Rookie Time maybe....... could be ugly for years.

Vikings don't pick up his option.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000788296/article/vikings-wont-pick-up-adrian-petersons-2017-option

Vikings won't pick up Adrian Peterson's 2017 option
  • _Sessler-65x90.jpg
  • By Marc Sessler
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Feb. 28, 2017 at 12:11 p.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 28, 2017 at 02:23 p.m.

If Minnesota brings back Adrian Peterson next season, it won't be at his current asking price.

The Vikings on Tuesday announced that they will not exercise Peterson's option for 2017, meaning the star running back will become an unrestricted free agent when the new league year launches on March 9.

With Peterson set to count an unruly $18 million against the salary cap next season, the decision comes as little surprise.